The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ShuriyuCSI, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palm

Palm Coroner

I heard it was going to snow. Which, like every Thanksgiving, means I'll be doing my annual 'Leap-In-Front-Of-a-Bus-Because-It's-Snowing' routine. *uncontrollable twitch*

Anyhoo. I wish I was back in High School. You never really appreciate those hundreds of days you used to get off until you hit College where they're all like "...Time.... Off? What is thou that thine speaks upon?" Plus, when you miss one day, you miss a lot of junk. *whine* Stupid Real Life.

And, on a lighter note, my School newspaper had the oddest article about Scarface the other day. And everybody around me was like "...Scarface? What the hell?" And I started crying because nobody knew the glory of that movie ;__;

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

...*has not seen the movie* :p

Oh boyo I get Monday and Tuesday off. *sigh* I should appreciate highschool while it lasts because 'REAL' life isn't actually like that. Well Happy Thanksgiving all! Don't eat too much. ;)

3. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

Palm where did you hear that :D

Ok it is decided, if there is Greek in High School i shal take it!!!

Im i the only on on here who doesn't celebrate ThanksGiving??

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

how do you go through school in canada without taking french?!?! i started in grade 1 at catholic school, then switched to public school in grade 5 where they didnt start french til grade 4. so i always got high marks :D we had to take at least grade 9 french as part of our diploma requirements in ontario. i took it til grade 11 because i was good at it and liked it. plus the teacher was amazing :D
    my school only offered spanish as another language choice, if theyd had german i would have liked to have taken it, but i had no room for fun courses because i had to take all three sciences and two maths in grade 11 and 12 and i wasnt going to give up my music class for a language! maybe if they didnt force us to take stupid english...i dont care about hamlet!!

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Ew. Hockey. I hate hockey. I was talking to a friend that I haven't seen in a while, and she was getting all excited about the Flames, and I was all like, OMG, what happened to you? You hate sports as much as I do. It was scary.

I don't get any days off of work for Thanksgiving this year. I work Sat, Sun and Mon. But on Monday I'm getting time and a half, so it's not so bad. And my mom's making pie. Mmmm.

I always feel so guilty for not speaking french. My dad's from Quebec, and I spent a large part of the first 15 summers of my life in Quebec. I took mandatory French from grades 3-6. After that though, I decided I'd rather take something that I could get good grades in. I sometimes wish I had stuck with it.

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

my grandpa and some of his siblings (there were 11 or 12 i think) were the first in their family to leave quebec in almost 300 years!! :eek: i dont think any went back, we all stayed in ontario :lol: my grandpa had a quebecois accent but i never knew him so never heard it.
    so the mandatory french requirements are different in every province? i never knew that.

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Each province is responsible for it's own education system, so yes, they are different, along with other aspects of education. When I was just starting high school, my cousin from Ontario asked me if we had co-ed gym classes. I said yes. She said she had seperate ones. That was so weird to me. The concept of seperating boys and girls for gym class had never occured to me.

8. Lynsey_Monroe

Lynsey_Monroe Dead on Arrival

Hello fellow Canadians! Any East Coaster's here? :)

9. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

*huggles* You made a very smart choice. Remember, if you need help with your homework you know who to ask ;).

Palm, I've seen Scarface & I must say it's a very good film. "Say hello to my little friend!" :lol:. Oh, and Tony's friend was beautiful. Unlike that girl at that pool I'd so take him home :devil:.

Oh, and as for French requirements you must take it up until grade 12 'cause otherwise you won't be allowed in university first year which sucks. I think that's what it's like here in BC :confused:.

10. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

Whooo more hockey haters, yet Oilers did win i coun't care less.

I wish we celebrated TG but thats what you get for having your mom and dad from Europe, it just gives you 2 in a year to have a turkey dinner. I wish Britian had there own holiday.

11. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

*cries* My dad has chosen to watch the Canucks game on tv. I said to him, "Can't we just have one day where there's no hockey?" & he ignored me :(. Why must our national sport be so boring?

My parents are from Europe too but we celebrate thanksgiving so we can get that Canadian feel or whatever. I just like it 'cause of the long weekend & ooh, 'cause of the pumpkin pie :D. I dunno if Britian has an holidays coming up but on October 28th is Oxi day for Greece & all the Hellenics around the world. It's one of our biggest holidays along with Independence Day on March 25th & Easter too. Actually, this brings up an interesting question...

Do you guys only celebrate Canadian holidays or do you participate in holidays that are celebrated by your heritage countries as well?

12. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

Well i might be the regular Canadain like i say Eh alot and i am used to the cold but i aslo hate it but i was rased to talk like a regular British or Scotish person:

Sweater: Jumper (My friends make fun of me)
    Grandmother: Nana (It sounds so much cuter when you say that you love your nana)
    French Fries: Chips
    Chips: Crisps

13. Palm

Palm Coroner

Nope. I don't. In fact, on Thanksgiving, I'll be in Jasper... whoring it up.
    In other news.... Um. I love you all?

Anyhoo, aren't the first 5 season of the Soprano's out or have I been misinformed? D:

14. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

If it wasn't supost to be cold i would want to play Football, yes that is so original but after the fun i had playing it in gym i want to play it again, but i dont trust my family incase i have to do the kick off because they will pull the Charlie Brown on me. Speaking of Charlie Brown on Thanksgiving i shall be watching Thanksgiving Charlie Brown and Thanksgiving Garfield! and then for Halloween i shal watch The Great Pumpkin *I got a rock* and Grarfields Halloween when he goes to that place with the pirate ghosts.

I should start stacking up on rocks and keep the candy we got for the trick or treaters all for my self...and my older brother who just turns off the lights so they dont come Mwhahahahahahahahaah.

15. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

My school (I'm in BC too) had French as mandatory until grade 8, then you could take another language. I believe for University, all you need is a grade 12 language, but it can be any language, not just French. At least that was the 'rule' when I graduated, but then again it's been awhile since then, so maybe it's changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.