Dancing with the Stars season 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry, but I have to Woot!! a little for Jerry a bit for at least trying. Mario and Emmett are my favorites so far. Hate Joey, even if he is good.

2. GrissCathfan

GrissCathfan Rookie

im 4 Sara Evans she's a heck of a singer & a heck of a dancer. i also like monique from HSM she's been gettin better each week.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

So, those who watch this, what are you picks, so far for me- I pick for the girls Monique and Vivica and whose really picked up her speed Sara cute dance, and for the boys Joey and Mario I don't care if they did break the 'friggin' rules, hope come that some can do a sommersault, and others are penalized :( it's a fun dance contest- get out :mad: stuffy judges, and who are they-? never heard of any of them- and poor Harry, :(he tried so hard, and was better than Jerry Springer, who's a joke, :lol: nice and fun, but he can't dance!!! and Tom Bergeron , is delightful, charming and so nice!!! good host!!!

4. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

Hi guys I was reading that Cat Dealey was hosting on this programme in the states. Is that right?
    We've got a new season of our version of the show starting soon. Tis strangely addictive!

5. Desertwind

I forgot to mention the singing group "Twisted Sisters" really good, and I'd never heard of them before, they kind of reminded me of the group "B-52's" sorry if the younger fans don't remember them :(

6. RBC

RBC Coroner

The States have such a better DwtS than we have here in Holland. I find it sad that my favourite professionals often draw the short straw (I'm a dancer myself, so I often look more at the professionals than the stars). My aboslute favourite female professional is Kym. I loved her on the Australian DwtS, but I like her even better in the US version. Too bad she's partnered up with Jerry, but I still vote for them. My favourite male is Louis. This time I hope he will get in the final, which could be a very good possibility. My other favourites are Ashly and Cheryl. I feel really bad for Ashly. In the first season she had a pretty good partner, but the whole season only lasted for 6 weeks. In season 2 I really, really felt sorry for her. And now, again early out of the race. She has to get into the (semi-)final next season!

And about breaking the rules. I think Len is right. Mario's quickstep was only a quickstep for about half the time. I'm actually surprised that Karina didn't do something about it.

And who are the judges? Len Goodman is welknown in the (British) ballroom dancing community. He is also a judge on Strictly Come Dancing (British version of DwtS), which is going into its fourth series in October. Len is btw the only judge who really knows about ballroom dancing. Bruno knows enough about it too since he's also a judge on SCD. So with soon 4 seasons in the UK and 3 in the US he knows enough. They're going to get busy doing two shows on different continents though. Some of you may know Carrie Ann better as Fook Yu on Austin Powers :lol:
    She doesn't have really muchg experience with ballroom dancing. She also has strange comments now and then. Like she always feels stuff :rolleyes:

I feel Monique, Joey and either Mario or Vivica should be in the final. I actually thought Jerry Springer did better than I expected, but he does have one hell of a trainer. Willa is good to, but she doesn't get enough votes, so she'll probably be send home next week. I'm very surprised about the level of Emmitt: he's really good. I don't really like Sara's dancing. Her Jive was better, but she doesn't have that 'edge' when she dances.

BTW: About Strictly Come Dancing series 4:
    Ex-Spice Girl Emma Bunton participates!

7. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

Yep heard baby spice was taking part this year.

So can anyone answer my Cat question? I heard she was a big hit in the states.

8. RBC

RBC Coroner

No, she isn't hosting it. Tom Bergeron has been the host for all three seasons sofar. Lisa Canning was co-host for season 1, Samantha Harris for season 2 and 3. Rumour had it that Lisa Rinna would co-host season 3 though.

9. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

Cool thanks for letting me know.

10. Desertwind

Thank's CSI100 very insightful, and about the judges-now I know- ;) I as well, have been in dance contests, and won, some trophys have them on my mantle- ;) I love dancing, still dance, every day, good exercise, I really can't believe then booted Harry, over Jerry, although I like both of them , Harry danced so much better!!! those professional dances, are in such good shape, wow, I'm jealous :eek: fun show!!

11. Desertwind

Once again, I was stunned, kicking off Vivica Fox, she's one of the best dancers I've ever seen, in all categories -over Sara, and Jerry Springer-please- :eek: what's up with that????? the judges have no taste, and she was so gracious , on her "leaving speech" well, I, as of now will go with Monique, and Mario or Joey- all fantastic, what do all you other fans who watch this think?

12. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I agree on being shocked about Vivica leaving BUT I dont like Joey and Mario's okay but he's broken to many rules
    I"m not a dancer by all means but I do teach and I know how frusterating it is when your students dont follow the rules

13. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Yeah, but I'm rooting for Mario, he's cute and I like him... he can also dance, then it's the football player, if it gets down to those two, I will be happy.

and you teach SSS? thats cool, that is one of my choices for an occupation, would love to teach the kids.

14. PurpleBlood

PurpleBlood Rookie

Sara and Jerry should have left before Vivica. I never expected her to win but she was better than those two.

15. RBC

RBC Coroner

I also was shocked when I learned that Monique and Vivica were in the bottom two. I don't think we'll have to be that afraid of Jerry. He'll probably have to leave next week, or the week after that, but Sara is the one we'll have to worry about. I'm afraid that Sara, and maybe also Emmitt will make it to the final.

Jerry and Sara need to leave the next two weeks. Jerry does a good job on his age, but can't keep up with the rest. Sara only did well with the Jive. Her standard is worst. Her footwork is way too messy, and she looks really tense.

After that Emmitt needs to go. Emmitt does a descend job, but compared to the others, he doesn't have that 'edge'.

Then Willa needs to leave. She is a good dancer, and a great performer. Her footwork is a tiny little bit less good than the other three though.

Monique, Joey and Mario should be in the final. Mario shouldn't win because he broke too many rules on the way. I like his dancing, but Monique and Joey (except for his Jive) provide a better dance within the rules. At this rate Joey should win, but Monique is very good too. It will depend on how well their progress is.

EDIT: If you want to see the scores of the people that are out of the race, or see who was in the bottom two, visit my website RBC. To get into the dancing part, just use the naviagtion bar.