Danny/Linds #12 "Country vs. City Kind of Foreplay!"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCoroner

TheCoroner Police Officer

ok... someone PM me and fill me in on what happened!?!? PLEASE!!???!!!?? I missed it cause of EVIL seating auditions tomorrow in Orchestra... grrrr!! CURSE YOU PLASTIC MOLDSMAN!! So ya if someone can find it in their hearts to PM me that would be FABULOUS!!! :D :D :D :D

2. seeker

seeker Hit and Run

the scene was set once you hear Danny mumble "Ya know it's been a long time since I was stood up..." felt like your in a roller coaster ride instead of a "ship". The ending--loved it--even if it didn't turn out the easy way...who said true love was easy anyway??? Squee moments--when Danny calls her in a teasing voice,"Lindsay Monroe"....then Lindsay's reply"I like you Danny--Alot" and you see his expression light up...then the cursed "It's not you, it's me speech"...but Danny calls out to her to call him if she needs anything...The BEST part??? When Danny talks about 'chemistry'...just brought a smile to my face! ;)

Take heart--there is light at the end of the angst tunnel...this IS only the beginning of the season anyway--we may need something to warm us up in the cold winter months...this is CSI:NY--the most dark and angsty CSI--so yeah *leans back and relaxes* yup, there's light at the end of the angst tunnel...by the way anyone has Dramamine with them??? The ship hit some stormy waters...

3. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

**Mo swallows some Dramamine in preparation for the stormy waters ahead in an hour...and passes some to seeker and others in the thread!**

That's true too this is the "darker" CSI...so I guess we should have expected angst... :p Still as a fluffy I can make my protest and say I don't like it! :D That said, I do think this is an excellent chance for Danny and Linds to work through their issues (especially Linds) and get their lives in order more so that when they do get together it will be so much better! :D

Can't wait to see this ep...52 minutes for me...gah I'm dying to actually see it!! :lol:

4. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Hey Moriel21 can you please tell me what episode is that in your banner? I know is an upcoming one right?...just want to know the name....thanks.

5. Girlygirl

Girlygirl Rookie

Hey

I loved the episode, even with it's ending. Believe me I don't think they're anywhere close to done the good stuff is yet to come. Anyway I kind of lost it and finally posted my opinion of all this D/L/Lindsay hate so I'll probably get a warning or kicked off and if so I love you guys and I'll talk to you all over at the Danny/Lindsay Chemistry boards. If I don't get kick off I'll be around from time to time. To view my post you can go into the 'Grade Love Runs Cold' thread it's there. Later

-Girlygirl

6. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

So I REALLY think this is just the begining! They BOTH admitted thier feelings for each other! I felt so bad for Danny all the way through the episode though. I mean, she completley blew him off, which at the moment I think it's crazy(Who would stand Danny up?)...But I have my fingers crossed(by mention of that up comming spoiler in two weeks) that both us and Danny will soon know WHY. Why can't she have a relationship right now? I'll feel so much better when I know. :) I don't know about you guys, but tonight just gave me confidence that the ship WILL sail, maybe not when we want it to, but it will. They can't deny the feelings....and I really don't think it will be all that long before they act on them. :p Just my opinion, of course, but they are usually WRONG. :rolleyes:

I know I didn't have to use the 'spoiler code', but I wanted to just incase.

7. rachaelm

rachaelm Witness

can some pm me too with all that happened last night please

8. TheCoroner

TheCoroner Police Officer

::heart slowly breaking::
    OMG!! That was soooo sad! Talk about My Happy Ending! ooooh song!
    My Happy Ending
    Avril Lavigne
    So much for my happy ending
    Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh...

Let's talk this over
    It's not like we're dead
    Was it something I did?
    Was it something You said?
    Don't leave me hanging
    In a city so dead
    Held up up so high
    On such a breakable thread

You were all the things I thought I knew
    And I thought we could be

[Chorus:]
    You were everything, everything that I wanted
    We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it
    And all the memories, so close to me, just fade away
    All this time you were pretending
    So much for my happy ending
    Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh... :(

This is more from Danny's point of view... and Lindsay wasn't really pretending but you get the jist of it... :)

9. spikegal

spikegal Victim

I have not watched the episode yet but it looks like things will be looking up for D/L in the coming episodes this season ;)

Hi Girlygirl,I don't want to go the spoilers section or to read the reviews about the latest episodes because most of it has D/L bashing and yes I did read your post. It conveyed my thoughts as well... :)

10. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

TheCoroner like your choice of song for them. Now that we got some angst I'm waiting for the fluff to balance it out. PH7 ;)
    Depending on her past I'm trying to figure out why she wouldn't want to be in a relationship. But if her past directly involved her or someone she was to trust then I could understand why she might wait. Hopefully not too long. ;)

11. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Good to know that CSI NY gives the people what they already wanted for a season, now also in CSI Miami and I'm very happy :p

What could be the dark secret Lindsay is carrying, probably something cliché like she's lost her husband or whatever. O well :)

12. Misery

Misery Pathologist

OK, I just watched the episode, so I'll share some of my thoughts. :D

First of all, I didn't like that Lindsay didn't say anything to Danny once he came to work in the beginning of the episode, but she let him "chase" her for an answer. I mean, a simple: "I'm sorry I stood you up. I'll explain later" would do. Now, don't get me wrong; I still love Lindsay, I just think she should've dealt with that a bit differently.

I just LOVED the ending. Seriously, Danny is the kind of man who wants to know the truth, no matter the outcome and I REALLY appretiate that. He was still kind and he simply wanted to understand her. I liked her answer then; sure it took some time, but I'm glad she told him that she likes him too. It was obvious that she had a hard time speaking to him and it was so sweet to see Danny understand. Overall, I liked it. :D

BTW, I loved how they characterized Danny; this was probably the first episode where we saw him how he deals with the woman he really likes. And I have to say one thing: "I want him!" :D

big hug to all my fellow shippers!!!

13. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

My *%#$@ VCR isn't working right and I missed this ep!! Could somebody please either PM me or post here what exactly happened between Danny and Lindsey in the scene they were showing in the previews? Are they an official "couple" now or what?

14. Kelleigh

Kelleigh Witness

Go to Innertube and watch it. You can see the whole episode. I did. Its at cbs.com click on CSI New York and click preview and follow directions from there.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Okay, I have a guess, and it may be a million miles off base. I don't think Lindsay would have stood Danny up just because of misgivings about getting involved with him. For one thing, her midwestern manners just wouldn't let her be that inconsiderate. I think something actually happened that threw her for a loop.

Did you see her face when Danny and Flack were interrogating the obsessive boyfriend who killed his girlfriend because she broke up with him? It really seemed to disturb her in a personal way.

What if the "thing" in her past is an abusive boyfriend or husband? Maybe he tried to kill her, or threatened to, and her move to NY was an escape from all that. (Perhaps she's in one of those relocation programs and Lindsay isn't even her real name, who knows?)

If this is the case, whatever caused her to drop her date must have shaken her up. Could she have seen her ex on the street? Or gotten a phone call from him? Whatever it is that happened in her past, she seems to want to deal with it on her own, so she's either ashamed of it or trying to protect her friends from it.

Anyway, it's just a guess--I'm sure I'll have a million more of them. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.