Madison M/ Kay P: Lindsey Willows

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by darx2mint4, May 1, 2006.

1. Kal

Kal Prime Suspect

Re: MR-KP/Lindsey *Possible Spoilers*

honestly, this is the first thing i have seen kay panabaker in where she hasn't been some preppy girl. even in the dcom read it and weep jamie bartlett was sort of preppy. i thought that kay did fantastic (although i will admit that before i saw btk i thought that danielle would make a better lindsey).

is danielle a regular on shark? or was it just that episode?

2. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I like her. Like iluvEricSzmanda, I didn't like the idea of her replacing Madison, but she did a great job. :)

3. iilovecsii

iilovecsii Police Officer

I agree with you Kal I think that danielle would have done an amazing job, maybe better but seeing that we got Kay, we won't know wheather she would have done a better job or not. Lindsay didn't look preppy, and gotta admit, she has had a few preppy/popular girl roles. Nice to see a change. ^_^

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

She is a regular, there is a discussion thread for the show in the "General Media & TV" forum, But she plays the daughter, who decides to live with her father.

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I don't know if Kay Panabaker will return as Lindsey Willows. TV Guide online has announced that she will be in a new pilot for a sitcom. Of course, that does not mean that the pilot will be picked up as a series. The news item follows:

French Stewart Makes Like Clark Griswold for ABC

French Stewart (Third Rock from the Sun) and Rebecca McFarland (The Dresden Files) will make like Clark and Ellen Griswold in Happy Campers, an ABC Family pilot about a family on a cross-country road trip.

According to the Reporter, the pilot, which starts shooting Monday, features Kay Panabaker (Summerland), Alessandra Toressani, and Ryan Malgarini and the kids, and Beth Littleford (The Daily Show) as Stewart's ex-wife. (It must be a really, really big family truckster.)

Note: French Stewart appeared as the alien minister in the CSI season 5 episode "Viva Las Vegas." Rebecca McFarland was in season 3 "Play With Fire."

6. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Hey guys. Just popping in to say that both Madison and Kay are good actresses.

I really miss Madison, though. She'll always be my favorite Lindsey.

7. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Well, Kay has been in a lot of tv series and movies. Her playing Lindsey would only be a once or twice a season type of thing. Then again, the new series would be on ABC, so no sure if that has any conflicts. But Melinda Clarke (Lady H) was on Fox's "The O.C." and still guest starred on CSI, so anything's possible.

I just thought it was great that Marg worked with both Panabaker girls in the same year. She actually filmed Mr Brooks with Danielle first before she filmed the BTK scenes with Kay. In fact, it was Mrs Panabaker who told Marg that her younger daughter had just been cast as the new Lindsey. I thought that was cute.

I've seen a few other things that Kay had done, and she has a great future ahead of her. I hope she continues as Lindsey. However, I really do miss Madison.

8. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Isn't Lindsey married with two kids now?
    LaSquisita

9. ItDontMatter

ItDontMatter Hit and Run

HEHE, CSI does have that little problem with continuity don't they?!?! LOL, I fully expected her to graduating from high school this season.

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Up for those looking. :)

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Here's an interesting question, since this has been bumped.

Since Lindsey did know Warrick and seemed to know him quite well, will we see a Lindsey appearance in the season opener?

12. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I'm guessing there's no Lindsey appearance since that would involve continuity - something that just doesn't happen very often for this show.

So, if I read Destiny's statement correctly in another thread, we can post Danielle Panabaker pics here too? Sweet! I've only found one Danielle pic from the "swing vote" premiere:
    [​IMG]

And to keep this a bit on topic, here's one of the two sisters:
    [​IMG]

However, I still miss Madison. I'm wondering if she gave up acting totally. IMDB.com doesn't list anything for her after CSI. She'll actually be 15 years old next month. Wow, does time fly.
    ETA:
    I found a couple of interesting interviews from a few years ago with madison. The one about her being replaced is kind of interesting. Kind of sounds like she's a bit bitter about the sudden change. (aren't we all?)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  13. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Well I can't really blame her. They aged Lindsey so much and Madison really did outstanding work for so many years.

I like both actresses, and I feel like they've brought different things to the role. I wonder if when we see Lindsey next, she'll still be played by a Panabaker sister, or she will have aged to her 20s? LOL

I will be slightly pissed if we don't see Lindsey in the premiere. Hello - she did have scenes with Warrick people.

ETA: I was just reading those interviews, and she mentioned how nice everyone was to her. I wonder if she and Marg still keep in touch or Marg keeps tabs on what Madison is up to. Considering Marg pretty much watched her grow up.

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I really think Kay did very well in BTK2 with the crash, abduction and rescue. And I noticed right away how they made sure it was Warrick who was there during the rescue and he kept her calm before he got her untied from the chair. (some actual continuity from an earlier episode? wow!)

I'm trying to think - I can remember Lindsey being in scenes with Cath, Warrick, Sara, Vega & Eddie. Was she ever in a scene with anyone else?

15. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I don't think so. Oh wait - Brass was there when they found Lindsey in BTK2.

I don't remember seeing her ever with Grissom, Doc Robbins, Nick or Greg. And because they're newer, I don't think we've seen her with Wendy, Mandy, Hodges, Archie or Henry.