Horatio & Yelina Thread #4 ~The Romantic Real Deal~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Re: Horatio & Yelina #4 ~'The Romantic Real Deal'~

It's the other Belgian guy who has text under it ;)

Anyways one thing is for sure H & Y will get together someday somehow. But I have a feeling the writers will try to stretch it for a few more seasons.. Although in my opinion one more season of waiting should be enough.

Does anybody have a website with A LOT of H/Y fanfics?

Lets keep adding some H/Y goodness shall we?

H/Y

2. ment_to_be

ment_to_be Hit and Run

oh that's me, well I'll change it!
    Hi Alexx91 , my English isn't good eather! We're from all over the world so there are a lot of people who don't speak english perfectly (don't wanna hurt anybody! ;) )
    This is possibly a very stupid question but I often don't understand the terms you guys use like "fanfics", what are fanfincs?

3. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Welcome alexx91 and Kit4na! :)

fanfics (fanfiction) are stories from fans about the characters from TV shows, movies, books, video games and so on.
    The stories follows the storylines of the show or the writers create their own universe (this is AU, alternative universe, for ex. Horatio and Yelina are not a cops), or sometimes episodes didn't happen. there are a lot of genres and possibilites.
    one very big site is: fanfiction.net

How H and Y will come together?
    hm.....
    maybe Yelina has enough and comes one day to H's flat (I think he has a flat) and says to him: Horatio, I have enough that we dance in circles for such a long time. you know what I'm feeling for you and I think I know your feelings for me. If you're willing to be together with me then come tonight to my house and I will cook dinner. 8 p.m. sharp. and leaves. H's is stunned. He thinks about it and of course he came to her house. He knocks on her door and she opens it (ray jr. is with his grandmother). she says, come in and smiles. He smiles back, gets in and closes the door. *fadeout* similar to the scene in 'simple man'.
    :D

4. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

As long as we see there first kiss onscreen I am very happy.
    I've looked on fanfiction.net there's not a lot of H/Y shipping :( Such a shame to be honest..

5. alexx91

alexx91 Victim

Why Is Ray Jr the next barrier?

6. inge

inge CSI Level Two

I think it's an assumpitons.
    things are never easy between H and Y.
    ray jr is a teenager and just lost his father.
    it's difficult to say how he would react to a romance between his uncle and his mother.

7. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Well Ray Jr has obviously always liked Horatio a lot. But now in Season 5, Ray Jr idolizes his father more then he ever did before. So that is indeed tricky. Is there already knowledge in which epi Yelina will be in season 5, after Rio? I can't wait until they bring her back as a regular, maybe she can bring back the Horatio that we love!

8. alexx91

alexx91 Victim

I hope. if I only could see them in the 5th season episode... perhaps between a pair of years :(

9. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Absolutely right inge. :) Ray Jnr may well prove to be difficult. Teenagers can be very selfish and he might not be mature enough to be considerate of his Mother's happiness, especially as he seemed quite scathing of her in 'Rio'. By the end of the episode, his resentment had subsided significantly though. Will he resent a possible union between his mother and uncle? I'm guessing probably yes, at first.

I have always believed that the lack of fanfic for H/Y was very much a result of the fact that it really wasn't needed during the first 3 seasons. Everything was there on screen to keep us hopeful, stimulated and interested.

There has been no official word yet of when Yelina will reappear. It has been confirmed that we will definitely see her back on the show this season though.

10. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Well that's something. I think the writers tactic is, well to bring back people who tuned out after Season 3 because Season 4 was kinda well .. boring. And now a part of people will tune back in. The reason why I watch CSI Miami is because of Horatio & Yelina. Without it it's just a forensic show, which isn't bad but you know how every epi is going to end right? So the writers will try to let us wait as long as possible for Yelina to return to build up the excitement! ( It's working )

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Well I mainly watch CSI:Miami because it's a forensic show (Not so much in season four, but season two) and it challenges the mind, and so on. But I always loved the interaction between Yelina and Horatio, because it seemed to ligthen the episode at times, and it was a real pleasure to watch.

I guess it's because it showed a whole different side to Horatio, and without the H/Y interaction, the show lacked a bit of heart. And that's what season four lacked, in my opinion.

12. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I could seriously never watch such a show without a bit of romance in it. When I first watched CSI Las Vegas I thought WOOOOOW cool but after a while nothing that they use to find the murderer amuses me anymore. I'm off to watch NCIS <3 DiNozzo & Ziva!

13. ment_to_be

ment_to_be Hit and Run

I couldn't agree more! If there wasn't any romance at all I wouldn't watch CSI miami! Every show just needs a perfect couple. in 20 minutes we can see the next episode of CSI miami!! we're getting closer to season 5! yiha! :D

14. ment_to_be

ment_to_be Hit and Run

I just watched CSI miami episode 419. Everytime I saw Marisol and Horatio talking,I couldn't help thinking : they're not right for eachother. She's so young, too young! The tought of those two having a baby makes me sick. And when she gets in the car she's doing one of Yelinas looks. I call it Yelinas Look because she's the only one who can do that look right. It was so wrong, really it looks like the writers don't wanna make us think M and H are a good couple. They make me miss Yelina even more!

15. polina

polina Rookie

^ Oh I haven` t seen that yet (it seems our channel doesn` t want to show it here) Could someone post a picture?

Oh and you` ve wrote a lot and I must say , interesting points of views.

I remember the episode of season 4 where Horatio was accused of murdering his girlfriend,
    I really liked Call and Ryan talk:

Ryan: Did he like her (he means Horatio` s new girlfriend)?
    Call: She was the first after Yelina.

It sounded for me like the lab knew about Horatio` s feelings toward detective Salas, and it in some way is great, it means we did invented nothing.

And about possible Horatio/ Yelina union. Knowing television I don` t think it will happen soon, however I hope for it to happen. Yes sometimes for me it seems like the writers, making dialogs for these two, do it specially trying to suppress their chemistry but hey it is there and will be there always. I ` m glad that some things cannot be changes by people. I think these two can communicate without words. As I recall it was perfectly shown in “Witness to Murder” when only by looking at Yelina` s face Horatio knew something had happened and in “ Under the Influence” when they communicate about Ryan` s fate without any words just looks and smiles. Great moments that I will never forget.
    I really want to think that the writers hold the whole H / Y thing for purpose (only God knows what is it), maybe because it is obvious these two are mean to be together so why not torture us with waiting? To make us watch the show till the end? Interesting tactics but sometimes it doesn` t work, there is always a chance to overdo, when people start to loose their interests in this. It doesn` t mean that I `ll drop Miami right now (at the end of season 4) but I was so closed to it and only news about Yelina` s returning helped me to stay with it much longer.
    I just saw the episode where Marisol asked Horatio to marry her - of course she just said something about next steps and possible marriage but for me it sounded like she was proposing him to marry her and of course he said “yes’. I must say (please don` t be angry with me) I really like Marisol, the actress is very nice and the character is very nice too but I like Marisol without Horatio. What` s the rush with marriage? Horatio doesn` t look like a man who marry a girl after seeing her less then a year. To heal a broken heat is fine by dating someone but to marry – it is very important decision to make.
    Their relationships reminds me of “father / daughter” ones. He protects, he cares, he fears but does he love? He holds her hand but he did the same for a woman who was poisoned in one of early seasons.
    At the end of this episode Marisol said something like “you said you `ll always be there for me’ and he said “yes”, then she started talking about marriage. And the writes want me to believe that there are true feelings in their relationships? No way! How many times Horatio has said to Yelina such words and did she ever said “Oh, Yea? Then marry me!” No. And do you know why? Because she wanted him to make that decision based on his feeling, based on his love to her not compassion or his responsibility for a family.
    I think I know why the writes choose Marisol for Horatio – it ` s very simple and very banal, a relationships where the parts aren` t equal. He is strong she is weak – a perfect combination for a soap opera but not for TV –show like Miami. But Yelina is a strong woman and when two strong people unite, it is always difficult but it ` s the most interesting to watch.

I want to see her as detective again, but will it ever happen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.