Melina Kanakaredes Fan Project

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Sep 29, 2006.

1. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Yep, we're hitting the fan projects hard these days. With the Anna project coming to an end, it's time to show a little love for Melina. Gotta make sure the women of CSI:NY feel appreciated too. This project is being coordinated by super-fan and fellow Greek jorja_fan86.

The project is a scrapbook with a Greek theme and 26 pages, each corresponding to a letter of the alphabet. Your entry will be placed in the book alphabetically according to your name. For example, if your name is "Ann", your submission would go under the letter "A".

Jorja will be adding things that are symbolic of the Greek culture to the scrapbook, such as olive leaves, the label off Greek honey (her name means "honey" in Greek), a photo of Paros(the island she's from), etc.

To participate, please compose a minimum of three lines explaining why you like Melina. That's just a minimum though. You can feel free to write more. If you're feeling particularly creative, you can even write her a poem. Jorja will translate your lines into Greek and attach the Greek translation as well as the English version.

Jorja will also be making a CD of 15-18 Greek songs (or however many songs the CD will hold). If you've got any great song ideas, please fell free to let her know. However, as it's unlikely any of you listen to Greek music, Jorja will likely be doing that part on her own.

The project will run for approximately one month. If you would like to participate, all submissions should be emailed to jorja. Please PM jorja for her email address.

I am starting this thread for jorja because we have a policy in the NY forum that fan project threads need to be started by a NY mod to prevent this place from getting over-run with a million projects that people may not actually follow through on. However, this project is jorja's baby, so please direct any questions to her.

Melina is a fantastic actress with some freakin' gorgeous hair. If you're a fan, please take the time to let her know how much you appreciate her.

2. Roosey

Roosey Captain

J, I already sent mine in, right? A couple of months ago :lol:

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ :lol: You did & so did a few other people. I think this project will be better then the one I had orginally had because the lovely & awesome Mrs.G will be offering her assistance :D. So, like Mrs.G said participate if you're a huge Melina fan like myself. Melina may not be as popular as the guys of the show but a woman with her talent & beauty deserves a little loving from her fans. Her curls deserve their own fan club :lol:. Seriously though I hope to recieve a lot of pm's & you all have plenty of time to do help out :D.

4. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Seriously. I spend a good 40 minutes a day blow drying my hair straight. If my suck ass curls looked anything remotely like Melina's, I'd save myself a ton of time. Those curls are goregous!

I know there's a lot of love for Melina on this site, so make sure you all participate in jorja's fantastic project. It's got the little touches that only a true fan and fellow Greek would be able to come up with.

5. glam_chic86

^ Exactly. I'll be able to translate the English messages into Greek which will make Melina even happier. We all know that Melina is extremely proud of her Greek heritage so I'm sure she'll appreciate the extra effort of the fact that I've translated everything into Greek & plus the fact that the project is Greek themed will make her love it even more. I'm gonna do my best to make it think of her Greek roots everytime she looks at it & as a Greek myself I know what she'll like. Well, hopefully I can :lol:. Once I figure out a theme for each letter I'll let you guys know but if anyone of you have a suggestion let me know. However, this project wouldn't be happening with the help of Mrs.G :D.

Wow, 40 minutes to blow dry? I think we would all love to hear Melina's secrets for her curly hair.

6. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

I have curly hair like Melina's. For the biggest part of my life I despised my hair, all I wanted was straight hair. Then I saw Melina in "Providence", and I just loved her hair. And I figured if she could live with it, so could I. Now, I just get up, jump in the shower, towel my hair off, and I'm done. It is so much easier than trying to pull the curl out.

7. glam_chic86

So no participants yet :(. I guess it's cause it hasn't even been a day yet but hopefully this project will pick up soon & I know people need time to think of something good to write. I would love to have at least one person per page but I dunno anyone who's first name starts with a Z :lol:. Speaking of first names you all can feel free to address me as Mina which is my name :).

8. feenx

feenx Coroner

Can we write poems????

9. glam_chic86

Yep, you can write any kind of poem you want :). Limerick, haiku, sonnet it's all good haha. I'm thinking of including a poem as well & seeing a mix of notes & poetry would be great for the project.

10. feenx

feenx Coroner

Cool, better get started cause it's going to take me a while to think of something.

11. athens

athens Coroner

Well I don't know what to say,I am A big fan but I can't find something!..sorry... :(..I'm sure they'll be a lot of participants! ;)
    But if you need any help with Greek let me know and try to help if you want! :p

12. glam_chic86

Awww I'm sure you'll be able to come up with three lines on why you're a Melina fan by the end of the month. I'm accepting everything by email so you won't have to spend any money on envelopes, stamps, etc. Who knows, maybe she makes you proud to be Greek. I would love it if you participated but for the meantime I would love if you helped me with translating English into Greek or maybe you can recommend some Greek songs for me to use. Either way whatever you do will be appreciated by Melina & myself :).

13. natyna

natyna Hit and Run

LOL, for know I can only think of one song:

"mia gynaika ftei" meaning "one woman is enough" I think it continues saying "one woman is enough to cause trouble" haha...thinking of rambo!stella

btw, great idea!

14. athens

athens Coroner

^oh,you know greek??! :D

15. natyna

natyna Hit and Run

I wish I was able to remember Greek, but I remember so little. My mum does though and every now and then we're visiting some friends in Athens. Can't wait for the next time...hehe you're from Athens?

Wait...let's not hijack this thread of our "honey"!