"Built To Kill Part 2" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi I am new here, and I amr eading all your theories about Cathrine and Lindsay, and I agree with the wholoe she was mad at her and thats why she sat in the back seat.

However, my main reason for joining is because I thought maybe I could get some clearing up on the ending of the show? My Bf and I were so darn confused with the whole dolls eye pic... we looked right at each other as soon as the credits came up, and said "What the ****??"

I have read some of the posts and I guess the case is not solved. There was one post where I read that someone felt the mini scene case was draging on... I personally really liked it and wouldn't mind seeing it go on a couple more episodes. It will kind of be like real time, cause to do what they do in 1 hour, really takes CSI's 6m - 1yr.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi I am new here, and I am reading all your theories about Cathrine and Lindsay, and I agree with the wholoe she was mad at her and thats why she sat in the back seat.

However, my main reason for joining is because I thought maybe I could get some clearing up on the ending of the show? My Bf and I were so darn confused with the whole dolls eye pic... we looked right at each other as soon as the credits came up, and said "What the ****??" :confused:

I have read some of the posts and I guess the case is not solved. There was one post where I read that someone felt the mini scene case was draging on... I personally really liked it and wouldn't mind seeing it go on a couple more episodes. It will kind of be like real time, cause to do what they do in 1 hour, really takes CSI's 6m - 1yr. :eek:

3. iloveyou

iloveyou CSI Level One

i was confused about the picture of that thing in the miniture house. We don't know that Sam is dead yet, he might still be alive, i mean Brass was shot and he lived. When Sam got shot the blood sorta look black 2 me. I loved how Warrick comforted Catherine. WOOT WOOT! GREG SANDERS. :D

It was a relief Catherine wasn't raped :D :D

I thought it was funny when he was doing at atopsey on that little miniture Izzy. Hehe

4. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Catherine Willows' Horoscope for Sept 28th: You will have the suckiest day ever. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Cath has exceeded her drama quota for the whole rest of the season....and the one following it.

I must confess I had some serious issues with her behavior in this eppy. This is not the first time that she has used the lab for her own purposes (Inside The Box). Nor is it the first time she decided not to reveal certain information regarding a crime because she was embarrassed (Weeping Willows)....at least not until she couldn't keep it a secret any longer.

But then she pressures other victims with things like "we need to make sure they don't do it to someone else" or "we need to get him for what he did to you" (One Hit Wonder)

It really comes across as extremely hypocritical IMO. I realize that the person who drugged her was not some sleazy bar crawling rapist but he could have been. It wasn't until later that she realized it was connected to her father.

Now, I've never been in that position and I hope to God I never am...but I'd like to think I'd do the right thing.

Plus, she was a total bitch to Wendy and Hodges.

okay, rant over....for all you Cath fans, sorry.

Things I did like:
    Doc Robbins singing - he has a pretty nice voice
    "I'm angry that my father named me Sven" - Too freakin funny
    The creepy potential serial killer who makes those cool miniatures. We haven't had any one good like that since Paul Millander or The Blue Paint Killer

5. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

I am sorry they killed of Sam Braun, I liked the interaction of Sam and Catherine. I loved the comment from Sara, about Grissom being fantantical.

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I forgot the funniest parts
    I knew WP can sing.. but who knew about DOC? Great scene :lol:
    and my favorite Sara quote
    "I think Malibu Barbie did it." again :lol: :D

7. luvsterriers

luvsterriers Victim

Doc and Grissom singing was too funny, then Doc sings about how Izzy died. Doc actually is a great singer.

Oh my when Joe killed Sam I was bawling! First Catherine's husband died, her daughter gets kidnapped but thankfully she's ok, and now her dad is dead:(

Anna

8. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

Loved the Doc & Gris scene. Loved the Gris & Sara look after Ecklie's comment. I didn't like the ending. I was expecting to see Built To Kill Part 3 next week to resolve it. Oh well. Cath had a aweful day but I totally disagree on how she handled it. Sara did an ok job confronting her. Speaking of Sara what's up with her and the granny sunglasses?

9. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

i almost choked on my m&m when i saw her....i was trying so hard not to crack up laughing....

10. allmaple

allmaple Judge

thats probably my favourite line of the night :D that and 'wheres your shirt' or 'are you suggesting your son killed your husband' always nice when there are a few zingers in there to lighten up the drama.

speaking of drama, while marg did an amazing job at acting and made the catherine drama a little easier to handle, catherine made some huge mistakes and should be penalized for it. like wlk said, using the lab for her own purposes, being a bitch to co-workers (sara got suspended when she acted like that to catherine) as well as not revealing what happened to her until she absolutely had to. i know its a horrible situation but to try to hide it and not file a case was really stupid. plus we will probably never hear the end of this.

if in fact the miniature model building killer will be a serial, then this episode was awesome. if the writers can pull it off, it will make a good storyline for one or two more episodes. but if thats the end of it then it sucked :lol:

i find i would always make a little tweak in the order of scenes. personally, i think it would have been much more powerful if grissom looking at the model in his office came first, and catherine going to see sam was the very last scene. putting all the pieces together, having sam get shot, and then fade to black would have made a much bigger impact. at least to me anyway.

all in all, very well done, better than last week, and i hope we find out who the killer actually is sometime this season. i also hope the writers dont focus on catherine too much. i realize shes been through a ton of crap in one day but if nick can be happy as a clam after being in a life-or-death situation 4 times than she will be fine too. and quickly i might add...

11. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

Sara's glasses were BRILLIANT! :D

Anyhow, I enjoyed this episode more than last week's, but I didn't find it that great. Marg Helgenberger did a great acting job, but unfortunately it never gave my goosebumps (which I did have in other Cath-drama episodes). There were some cool character moments in this episode, which is always nice. The rock star case was okay. But I'm really curious about who's behind the sculpture crime scene...

12. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

Doc and Girssom rocking out was by far awesome. I feel so sad for Cath... poor her. Warrick should have done more to help her *wink wink*... lol

okay, what was at the back of that picture??? I"m so confused!!

13. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Finally saw the episode and it was GOOD. The Cath!Drama wasnt bad as i have thought it will be. Although i dont think it was necessary for Sam to slap her! I mean yeah she was talking shit to him but she had a reason too!! IMO they just made him slap her so we wont feel sorry for his death at the end. I found the scene were Catherine hugs Lindsey sooo emotional! I almost cry! (although i like the other Lindsey better and she looked a lot more like Marg than the new one). I was relieved that Catherine wasnt raped (i mean i knew she wasnt going to). Did ya'll noticed when she called Sara that she kind of look weird and ackward. Sara wanted to kind of help her more and ask her more questions and if she was ok but she hesitated. Hopefully after this they'll become close.

Grissom and Doc Robbins singing in the morgue was sooo Funny! :lol: :lol: Grissom is a completely new man!! But of course thats because his in LOVE! I really think that this case is going to really get under Grissom's skin. I think is going to be like in season 5 the episode "What's Eating Gilbert Grissom".

Overall really good episode!! Cant wait till Next Thursday!

14. AznxCSI

AznxCSI Witness

Oo wow, totally loved this episdode. Much better than I would have expected it to be. There was just so many little things that made me laugh so hard!! The morgue scene with Grissom and Doc Robbins singing, probably stole the show for me. His musical autopsy report was just to die for (no pun intended). Lmao. As for the ending well, I guess I just can't wait for next week's episode =D

15. athlov

athlov Guest

I think that the doll's eye is a clue that he has to take the thing apart and put a puzzle together. ;)