H/Cal #2: "Hot flashes. But that's just them" - DuCaine

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by zippy, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

Look at all the posts!! Good to see more people back!!

I agree, Palm, Horatio should have been more supportive, but I think he's still stung about Marisol and everything that happened in Rio, but it's no excuse!! I saw "Big Brother" yesterday, and I saw how understanding Calleigh was with Horatio with the case, and she sympathised with him completely. :) Isn't it funny that she got involved at the very end of the ep, and that her processing of the evidence closed the case, being that the two bullets matched?? Think about that for a while... made me smile. Also, that ep gave me another reason to hate Hagen. :devil: Please let them be okay for this season, they deserve to be happy. :)

The "sweetheart" comment has sent my shipper senses tingling!! :lol: I HAVE TO SEE IT!! It's good to see them interacting again, I have missed that, and even if they're together in an ep for one minute, even one second, all that matters is that they are together on the screen. That's all that I ask for, it's all that keeps me going. That will do me... for now anyway. :devil:

Nice titles Casp. I'm still racking my brains trying to think of a suitable thread name. How about something incorporating "Hello, Handsome" form Broken", or the famous "Rule no. 1: NEVER mess with Calleigh Duqesene"?? Love that quote.

Gotta go. Nice to see all the old DuCainers back. Let's keep the thread alive. DUCAINE FOREVER!!

Byee!!
    :)

2. Palm

Palm Coroner

That's how I feel all the time. He has no excuse on why he avoids her. I mean, for a while I thought it was because of all the crap he's been through (His Brother being a dink, Yelina leaving on a jet plane, Criminals who ask where the water fountain is) but like, after a while, you'd think he'd go over and talk to her. Not like:

H: Hey, um. If you combine Sulphuric Acid and Vinegar, do you get benezoate phosphorous acid?
    Cal: What?!
    H: .....*run away*

But more like, the old days:

H: Knock Knock!
    Cal: Whos' There.
    H: Interruppting Cow
    Cal: Inte-
    H: MOO! MOOO! =D
    Cal: .....
    H: Yeah, I'm gonna go.

I mean, in all the episodes you look back on, he friggin smiles at her. And now it's almost like everytime she walks by, he hides behind a plant, or runs down the hall, slamming people into doors as he tries to escape.
    Which makes me come to the conclusion that he either did something bad like Toilet Paper her car and run away. Or it was something 'bad' and he's trying to avoid her.

3. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

Ohhh...someone took my thread name suggestion. Thanks. That was nice I do like
    Everything was compermised but you. Nice one!!

I now have hopes for season 5. After mondays eppy I think I feel a whole lot better about the season. I just hope it continues and continues to be good. I even saw some of the ole Horatio in there. Calleigh was looking real nice and had some of her ole personality in there too. Like when she had to have Frank help boost her up so she could examine the pillar. FUNNY. Oh...season 5 is looking better...YEA!! Now we need more Calleigh/Horatio moments. I would be in heaven

Rebecca

4. liten

liten Rookie

I like the way your mind works Palm!!

I couldn't agree more and I really hope that TPTB realise that, our own shipper wishes aside, Calleigh is the other strong character they should invest on.

5. EmeraldEyes06

It's a shame, isn't it? :( They are so good together, but they won't continue to be if Horatio runs away all the time. I think he's giving her space after Hagen or something... he must think that she wouldn't want to be burdened by him... oh, that's so sad!! :( Poor Calleigh!! Poor Horatio!! "The course of love never did run smooth"... that couldn't be truer. We have had bumps, twists and turns all along this "lonely road" that Cal will always walk with H. And this rollercoaster known as CSI: Miami is going to have more up's and down's, high's and low's than we can ever expect. So, let's hang on tight, and ride it out. I always did love Space Mountain... lol :lol:

Anyway, Casp, I have seen H lose it at last. YESSS!! :D "Big Brother"... god, he was growling!! He closed the blinds in the interrogation room, and then... SMACK!! The paper cup went flying!! I thought, "Oooohh, he's gonna get it!!" :eek: My temperature rose alarmingly!! Tee-hee. Gotta love him!! :D

I am also currently brainstorming a Horatio/Calleigh fanfic. My first eva!! I won't be writing for a while, but it's in the works. Keep you posted.

@ Rebecca V : I completely agree. Season 5 has opened a door for Calleigh, snd it's great to see her get a decent storyline. And it's great to see the old Horatio gradually coming back.

@ liten : I have high hopes that Cal will get more screentime. It's hard not to think of Calleigh without Horatio, but we made it this far, right?? As a certain Lietenant once said, "Hang in there."

See ya tomorrow!!

6. webbyshadow

webbyshadow Dead on Arrival

i hope calleigh's personality comes back this season cause season 4 calleigh SUCKS!! shes not happy!!!

anyways i invited my friend round and we watched csi miami and it was the one with the lonely road qoute ( forgetten name :(.. dont shoot me!!!!!) and she goes to me

her: is she realy gonna walk that road with him?
    me : OF COURSE!
    her: forever?!!
    me: just sitting.. head in hands... :rolleyes:

OF COUSES shes gonna stick by him forever!!! its like the law in miami!! ;)

7. Palm

Palm Coroner

^Seems like Calleigh never becomes truly happy after the end of the third season. I mean, having a gun pointed at you is horrific, and I understand her being stand-offish to everyone because she's been traumatized, basically. But after a while, when she's with her friends, wouldn't she at least warm up a little and not be soooo.... Unhappy? I don't know, I haven't gone through anything traumatic in a while.

But like, when you have Horatio in a building, the guy who would kick a criminal through a brick wall if no one was watching (He would, no denying!), wouldn't you feel safe, or at least spend more time with him, to keep reassuring your that you are always going to be protected?

And, what better place to feel safer with H is in his house? .....*slapp'D*

8. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Casp making more titles? thats my love. *snuggles*

*slaps you* Palm, we all know what you want, oh wait, I want the same thing, Don't I? *nods* But your still keeping that slap.

I'd feel alot safer at H's house, I dunno about Cal's, but I know I'd be there, Get him all... yeah meter and all lurking, anyways, I say she stay at H's. *nods*

9. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Lol! Look at this lively thread! Haha...I'm really happy just to be posting today. Yesterday I had some connection problem. But the wait was worth it :D. Welcome to any newcomers to the thread!

As for H and Calleigh returning to their 'old' self again. I find that possible. Okay let's face it, Marisol's passing did affected H in a way but I am almost certain that the scar that was left is not that deep. One reason why I think he married her was out of pity(no offence). When she died, I bet he felt responsible. So then he decided to drown himself in sorrow and be one unhappy bunny...sulking and moping around the lab.

As for Calleigh. I second palm. Getting a gun pointed at your won head and having seen someone you know lying in his own brain matter in your bloody gun range. That would have freaked the hell out of anyone. Yes I believe it might have triggered a kind of trauma..causing her to start to mope and sulk like H. Can't you guys see? They're both SOOOoooOOoo much alike! :lol: :lol:

S4 has proved to be a pain but I can handle it. Just seeing Cal makes me happy actually. :p

Okay so we've known H for being someone who isn't so lucid on his feelings and emotions but I can't say that there haven't been a time when he did showed some kind of emotion. He's human for crying out loud! Not robot!

@ Emerald: That was an excellent scene wasn't it? Hahah!

Yesterday, I had a lot of time to think about DuCaine. Hehe..can't help it. My whole life seems to revolve around them sometimes. I've got a suggestion for a thread title:

H/Cal #3: "Sweetheart"&"Handsome" = DuCaine

Cheesy but hehe...I like it. And here here! Another cheesy song from good 'ol Casper! :lol:It's called 'Oh Carol' but I decided it better to call it 'Oh Calleigh!' :devil:

Neil Sedaka Lyrics

Oh, Calleigh! (Carol)
    (Neil Sedaka and Howard Greenfield)

Oh, Calleigh, I am but a fool
    Darling, I love you tho' you treat me cruel
    You hurt me and you made me cry
    But if you leave me I will surely die

Darling, there will never be another
    'Cause I love you so
    Don't ever leave me
    Say you'll never go
    I will always want you for my sweetheart
    No matter what you do
    Oh, Calleigh, I'm so in love with you

[Instrumental Interlude]

:D Yes, I hope you guys like it. Also, in light of some request and also just to keep this DuCaine light of ours shining, I've decided to write a FanFic too. I've already started yesterday and...I'm not gonng spoil it. Hehe..just wait..it's a one shot.

So..I'm really happy that many of you are coming in. Let's keep that DuCaine love alive and send in more suggestions for the new thread title :D.

-Casper

10. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

Wait. I have my own theory for H avoiding Cal. I think H realized that he's falling for Cal but he isn't sure if Cal will reciprocate coz she's good at hiding her feelings. H ain't sure and Cal wouldn't tell. So he must've thought Cal isn't ready or is simply not interested in him and thus, he tries to avoid her as much as he can. :lol:

*sigh* Right now, I don't think TPTB will put H/Cal together because Yelina's back and they're not gonna waste her off in the whole season as just his sis-in-law. And what's more, they put Cal with a...who? Jake? Or something like that? :mad:

What I can dream on is that H realizes Yelina's not for him after all and that Jake guy turns out to be a big no-no and they both walked away and bump into each other, eyes interlocking and........

and someone mentioned cookie? :p

Oh b4 I forget. I love that line "Everything is compromised. Everything but you." for our new title. Perfectly perfect.

11. Palm

Palm Coroner

...I think they might. TPTB seems to enjoy screwing with people, especially about emotions. And especially in Miami. The City that Sleeps on Sand.

But yeah. I mean, if they want to toy with emotions, how about they up the anti? Instead of Calleigh getting in a "Car Accident", why not take it to the next level? Kidnapping! Except instead of H just basically blowing her off when they find her, like he did for poor Alexx, he actually CONSOLES her. WHOA! Talk about a wrench in the system! Holycrap.

Or, he promotes her to a position of more power so she isn't just standing in the background 30 feet away from him and actually has to (OMGWTFBBQ) SPEAK with him sometimes. Le Gasp!

12. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Re: H/Cal #2 : "Hot flashes. But that's just them" - DuCaine

That was what I thought too..something like this..

H/Cal #3-"Everything is compromised. Everything but you"

It's pretty long but I've checked to see if it fits and it does :). So that is another suggestion. Keep 'em coming.

13. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

It does seem really perfect. :)

The TPTB love screwing with us, its what they do. When they don't screw with us, then maybe we should worry?

14. EmeraldEyes06

Hey guys!! T.G.I.F!!

Here are some images from "Big Brother":

Are you okay?

Hmm? *a beat* I am now...

*thinks* I'm so glad, Handsome...

Also, I saw "Wannabe", and Calleigh's fear of ants!! Wow, she was freaked when she heard that fried ants are a Colombian dish(thanks for the heads-up, Yelina!!) And when she went into the tank full of them!! OMG, she was freaked out. It's so rare that you see Cal bothered, and she was!! How come she didn't mind leeches... I suppose you have nothing to fear when Horatio is picking them off!! If Horatio was there with her, that would be even better!! Just like "Camp Fear", he could pick off the stragglers!! Wicked thoughts!! :devil:

TPTB have a strange sense of humour when it comes to DuCaine, don't they?? :eek: If they screw us for this season, there will be a revolution!! But I don't think that we'll be absolutely let down. There might be still hope. Of course there will be... THERE HAS TO BE!!

Casp, I LOVE the new thread title!! :D :) It's perfect for them right now, especially following that quote... ahh, it's love. Bring back the "Hello, Handsome!!"

Do any of you belive in fate and coincidences and that sort of thing?? Yesterday, I was watching T.V, and Cascada's "Everytime We Touch" was on. Wierd thing was, it was on all of the music channels nearly, and it came on 5 TIMES!! Is that a coincidence?? Or just a popular song?? Is it a sign for Season 5?? Or am I just mental?? :p

Speaking of that song, I love it so much that I altered the lyrics to sing about Horatio and Calleigh from my own POV, and the point of view of many fans, I'm sure!! :) Very cheesy, but I do that with my favourite tunes sometimes. Includes a little tribute to the fans of this ship. Horatio Caine, Calleigh Duqesene, this is for you!!

I still hear their voices,
    They're so clear to me.
    I still see them touch in my dreams.
    Forgive me my weakness,
    But I don't know why.
    Without them it's hard to survive.

Cause everytime they touch,
    I get this feeling.
    And if they ever kiss,
    I swear I will fly.
    Can't you feel my heart beat fast,
    I want this to last.
    I need them side by side.
    I feel this static.
    And if they ever kiss,
    I'll reach for the sky.
    Can't you hear my heart beat so.
    Calleigh, Horatio.
    I want you in my life

This thread is my castle,
    The fans are my sky.
    They wipe away tears that I cry.
    The good and the bad times,
    We've been through them all.
    From "Broken" to "After the Fall"

I get this feeling.
    And if they ever kiss,
    I swear I will fly.
    I want this to last.
    Standing side by side.
    I feel this static.
    And if they ever kiss,
    I'll reach for the sky.
    Can't you hear my heart beat so.
    Calleigh, Horatio.
    I want you in my life

I get this feeling.
    And if they ever kiss,
    I swear I will fly.
    I want this to last.
    I need you side by side.

It was inspired by their love!! :)

See ya!!

Lyrics used without permission, and are copyright of Cascada.

15. CSI_Grissom

CSI_Grissom Lab Technician

^^ i totally agree, but i forgot about the moment when frank gave her a boost when i was posting earlier, but now i remember it cause as it was happening all i could think was "WHY CANT THAT BE H GIVING HER A BOOST?!?!?!?!?!?!" i mean how awesome would that have been?!

:lol: i think TPTB didnt do that cause they knew we would go crazy and maybe do some weird random stuff, they probably didnt want to be liable for any damgae we caused... :devil:

i defintly loved the old cal being back, it was great to see some of her, what used to be normal, personality showing through

i also second the motion for more H/cal moments!

palm, i think the idea about H TPing cals car is perfect, that would be the funniest thing ever!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.