H/Cal #2: "Hot flashes. But that's just them" - DuCaine

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by zippy, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

OK guys, it's time to get back ON TOPIC.

I've probably posted these before on here but PLEASE READ THEM AGAIN:

- Posts within Shipper Central must now contain a MINIMUM of 3 Lines of Good posting.

- Good posting is ON TOPIC, Discursive and not chatty.

- Good posting is NOT: Complimenting someone on their artwork, fanfiction, avatar/banner, discussing thread names, conversation about Real Life, etc.

- Remarks regarding artwork, fanfiction, discussion of thread names, etc, and brief allusions to Real Life MAY be included in posts, but ONLY in ADDITION of the 3-Line Minimum of Good Posting.

2. Palm

Palm Coroner

Well, tonight was heart-crushing. It was promising at the start when Horatio called Calleigh "Sweetheart" which enduced me screaming with happiness. But... short of it all, basically the only time he stood by her, as far as I seen.

Ah, but you know, that's typical for this show. Plus, Horatio basically only gives advice anymore and points his gun. I actually do believe he can do horrible things like kick a guy or go "Go to Hell!" But, you know, coming from Horatio, people might have a heart attack.

Heaven forbid he touch Calleigh. My God, think of the ratings! But this episode does open up a slight crack in their relationship. By that, I mean rabid fans like me writing up Fanficiton about the ... "aspects of their relationship".

3. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Hiya Zippy! Casp! EE! and CSI_G, Palm, and many more :D

I agree with Palm, the "sweetheart" part really made me think more into it. yeah, he totally stood by her which was really cute. I really hate Jake though.

I'm excited for next week though!

4. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Muahaha! Ohhh....welcome back to Zippy! Finally the creator of the thread is back :lol:.

Here here, what exciting news! But alas! I knew Ann would spoil it for us! Blast!

What happened to Cal? Is she okay? Is she incritical condition!? And H called her 'sweetheart'!? Muahaha! That is awesome! Someone should record that little scene where he did. And what happened after that? Ouh c'mon, c'mon! Tell me! :lol:

5. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

Hey. So the episode wasn't that good?? There's still hope I believe.

This episode I think has opened a door for DuCaine, it's a crack, tiny enough, but it's a start. It's only been 2 weeks since the beginning of S5, so let's keep our hopes up. They HAVE to have more interaction, and they MUST work more cases together, like in S1. I'm tempted to write a letter demanding more Horatio and Calleigh case pairings, but no address!! I aim to remain positive.

All that matters is that he was with her when she needed him. That's a real step forward for me. As of late, they haven't been around each other that much as of late(S4, how could we forget??), and any screentime at all is something, right?? I'm way too cheerful, I know!! Just like a certain Ms. Duqesne!! :)

It's good to see more people around. Must keep the thread alive. Is it ok to start thinking of a new thread-name at this time?? Any ideas??

6. Palm

Palm Coroner

Well, I think he could have been with her more. Seriously. Like, if his Hummer went down and he had to choose between the evidence and his life before surfacing in a wet (but highly attractive) state, I'm sure she'd be right there like she was when he was accused of murder. Her taking his hands into hers.... *dream*

Maybe it's because he's still pissed about Marisol. I don't know. But when she's sitting there wet and shaken and all he does is lean down, call her sweetheart, and part, makes me wonder. Is he really just being oblivious to the way she looked at him, or is he running off in a hurry to make sure suspicion about them isn't aroused?
    Hmmmm.

7. CathStokes

What is up with you and the trick questions Palm. Only H knows the answer to that, but I'm going with B. Because I think he just wants suspicion of them to die down, *nods*

All in all, it was a great ep for Cal.

8. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

Calleigh: Everything was compromised.
    Horatio: Everything but you.

I don't know what it was about those two lines of dialog, but I just fell in love. To me, it just seemed that Horatio was majorly downplaying how relieved he was that Calleigh was okay. He still managed to get across that he was affected, though, and that he cared. Somehow H can do that.

9. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

Oh wow! I love these lines!!! Someone mind telling me when and why he said that?
    And he called her sweetheart??? It's brief but it's only the beginning. I think maybe TPTB's beginning to realize how great those 2 are together. Mayb they're laying the foundation for their storyline, revealing more as the season goes.

I think S5 will be a good DuCaine season. Yayyyy!!! Regarding a new title for this thread, I lost count of the posts here. Is it almost time to move on to a new thread? And thanks for the welcome back EE and Casp. :D

10. CathStokes

Zippy, in the Going Under Ep, When Cal's hummer goes in teh lake, and their talking. He tells her that. :D Thats after he called her sweetheart.

Zippy want a cookie?

11. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

Oh...after all this time I found this thread *squeels in joy*. I read some of these posts and find I need to read more. But alas the thread is closing? I hope I don't get lost cuz I wanna stay.

Horatio and Calleigh are my two faveret charactors of the show. I do happen to like Frank Tripp too. He is just too funny. How about this for the name of the new thread

Everything was compromised. Everything but you.

I loved that line in the last eppy. I hope they continue to be as good for future eppy's. Anyone in here write fanfic for Horatio/Calleigh? I would love to read it.

Rebecca

12. CSI_Grissom

CSI_Grissom Lab Technician

^^ welcome to the thread rebecca_V, great to have you here, also a welcome to EE(i like this shortened version of your name the best :)) and to webby!

sry i havent been around much, but i had to pop in and talk about the latest ep

it was so amazing, i loved it, the whole "sweetheart", had me jumping aound like crazy and squeeling, it was crazy

and then her had to go in and throw the whole "everything but you" line, i was just about mush when he said this, afterwards i think i really became jello :lol:

i loved it so much

1. its nice to finally get some interaction from them
    2. gave us something to talk about for a while cause i think the writers arent going to be too generous with us, so at least we got something

palm and casp, both of you better get some fanfiction going for this ep... ;)

well next week is the 100th ep, which makes me excited, so maybe we will get some more, maybe a little after affects of the accident, or some jake crap, i really dont like that guy, but hey, i dont think he will be around long, at least i really hope he isnt, thats all we need, another hagen, i would seriously go down a kick some booty if that happened :lol: so ill see you guys later!

hehe, i heard there was going to be a croc, i could be wrong, but i thought id just let you guys know, maybe it could attack cal, that would be awesome if H saved her from a croc, i would probably melt, this storyline remeinds me off a fic over on ff.net where cal gets attacked by a shark and H saves her, its super cute, maybe ill link it soon, bye!

13. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

And that's what I like about you Emerald :D.

Excellent timing! Yes it is indeed time to think of a new name.

I hate Robot H! :mad: But then again, what wonderful theories you've got Palm. I'll take B along with iheartnickcath :lol:. I mean c'mon, arousing suspicions ain't good for relationships! :lol:

Ouhh! Thank you for that dialougue screamingpost. Now..most of you would know by now that I LooooVVee reading between the lines and well, I see MANY MANY things in between those lines I tell ya! :lol: :lol: :devil:

Ya know, it's amazing how we live off even on the tiniest modicum of DuCaine.. When they touch.. when they speak to each other.. when they're on the phone with each other.. when they're on a case together..

And it brings me to the next thread names that I have in mind..

H/Cal #3: The tiniest touch means so much
    H/Cal #3: LOVE is not arousing suspicion.
    H/Cal #3: He cares for her......secretly.
    H/Cal #3: Everything was compromised but You.
    H/Cal #3: He smiles, she smiles.

That's all I have for now. I'm not feeling too creative and this is the first time I'm offering suggestions that ain't too crappy :lol:. We need more suggestions. Any inspiration from this recent beacon of hope for DuCaine!?

14. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Oh we have waited long enough for some interaction between our favourite pair, am very much looking forward to seeing this interaction however small, it's about time, as a long suffering DuCainer I am good at picking up scraps and letting my imagination run wild, so sounds like this fits the bill nicely!

But am still wading through season 4 in the UK, so a ridiculous wait for this small moment, I will hang on!!

That's just me for a little while, will be back soon I promise ;)

15. webbyshadow

webbyshadow Dead on Arrival

Oh my lord!! those lines : everything was compromised. everything but you.!!! i was like HOLY **** !!!!!!! could any tell me how the bit where he called her sweetheart goes? i rly wanna no!!

i think they should maybe do a couple of scenes where calleighs scared to go back and drive in the hummer... then she could go get H and they would ' do it together'!!!

ahh..... if only the world could be like that....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.