Josh Groban ~Grobanites Unite!~

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by HoratioAndMe, Aug 11, 2005.

?

Grade 'Rest in Pieces'

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. A

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. B+

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. B

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. C+

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. D

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fanatic6

Fanatic6 Police Officer

Alright, all incidents aside, we Grobanites have a lot to look forward to.

The new album is coming out in just under two months and hopefully a tour after that.

Is anyone planning on going, or has anyone seen him in concert? I haven't seen him yet, but I'll be the first one in line when he comes here.

You can also hear his new (amazing) single "You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)" on the official Josh Groban website here.

*warm fuzzies to you all*

2. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

iammandy1979 I do apoligize for any mistake in the link there may've been. Yet, I have drawn a 'Simpson Groban' and did indeed do it in 2002. Now, if I did indeed post the wrong link or somehow the URL messed up, I apologize. As Tink put it, stealing isn't cool and I would never have done that knowingly.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you for the apology, HoratioAndMe. Flaming is definitely not my style, but when it comes to my artwork, it's another story, and the fact that it was titled the same as my drawing "Piano Josh" (I don't know, maybe that's how links work over here, on others you have to choose the name), coming straight from my photobucket account, you have to understand what that would lead me to think. I've drawn a number of "Josh Simpson" drawings, and try my best to keep an eye on where they pop up, how they are credited etc. This has thrown me a bit, so understandably, I will be keeping a closer watch on them.

Keep on enjoying Josh's music. Album out due Nov 7, and tour (so far) in early 2007.
    ~mandy

4. Fanatic6

Fanatic6 Police Officer

Hey all!

I'm not sure how many of you check the Josh Groban website, but I just wanted to give a quick update on what's new.

Josh posteda video message to fans a little while ago, it's pretty short and doesn't really contain any new information, but Josh is just so adorable he makes me giggle.

Also, the new single, "You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)" is available on digital music retailers, including iTunes.

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

5. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Thanks for the heads up. :)

I've heard the song, "You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)", and it really is beautiful. I've heard it on the radio a lot and everyone is just crazy about it here.
    For those of you who haven't heard it, perhaps a posting of the lyrics will inspire you to take a listen :).

You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)

Don't give up
    It's just the weight of the world
    When you're heart's heavy
    I, I will lift it for you
    Don't give up
    Cuz you want to be heard
    If silence keeps you
    I, I will break it for you
    Everybody wants to be understood
    Well I can hear you
    Everybody wants to be loved
    Don't give up
    Because you are loved
    Don't give up
    It's just the hurt that you hide
    When you're lost inside
    I, I'll be there to find you
    Don't give up
    Because you want to burn bright
    If darkness blinds you
    I, I will shine to guide you
    Everybody wants to be understood
    Well I can hear you
    Everybody wants to be loved
    Don't give up
    Because you are loved
    You are loved
    Aaaah
    Don't give up
    It's just the weight of the world
    Don't give up
    Everyone needs to be heard
    You are loved

6. Fanatic6

Fanatic6 Police Officer

Just another heads up from the official site... we have a title!

"Awake" is released on September 7th, which we knew already. I love the title. I think it's a fitting description for what Josh has been saying all along about how his world view has been expanded.

Also new to the site is an opening page with a countdown which I think might be a little sneak peek at what the album art is going to look like. It seems to have been taken in the same general area as the cover of the "You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)" single.

*runs off to squee her lungs out*

7. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Awesome, a title! I agree that it does suit what he's been talking about and I hope it does mirror a lot of the experiences he's had over the last couple years (since his last album & tour).

And Fanatic I think you mean that it's going to be released November 7th.

Here's a fun article regarding the release and tour: Legion of Josh Groban fans will slumber no more

8. Fanatic6

Fanatic6 Police Officer

You're right, I did mean November... my mistake.

I was reading the article, and "February Song" looks like it's going to be AMAZING. I love anything Josh writes, and this sounds particularly good.

44 days and counting!

9. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

'February Song' does look to be an amazing song. It's great to know that the majority of the songs on 'Awake' will be written by or co-written by him.

One song, that I hear is going to be on it, is 'Lullaby' co-written by Dave Matthews. I admit, I'm a big fan of Dave's as well. And the interesting thing about this song is that it's going to be sung a capella (that is, with no musical accompaniment). I don't know the lyrics to it yet, but some reviwers are quoting it as being 'haunting.' :D

10. Fanatic6

Fanatic6 Police Officer

Haunting... with Josh's voice I could see how that's possible. Very different, but it looks really exciting.

Any news yet on if there's going to be an internet-only edition like there was with 'Closer'?

11. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

This thread deserves a post this month. :)

I haven't heard of any internet editon of the song but I'll certainly keep an eye out for any news on it.

I did find this interesting bit of news concerning Josh being on Good Morning America and being featured in their fall concert series. Looks like we won't have to wait very long after the albums release to get a live performance. The Fall Concert scedule is on the right side of the page:

GMA Fall Concert Series

12. Fanatic6

Fanatic6 Police Officer

YAY!

I'm really excited about the Italian song that they put the thirty second clip of on his website. If my translation skills are as good as I like to think they are, he's saying "only for you" which sounds super romantic and just fantastic. I have a huge goofy grin on my face and it was only thirty seconds. I think the full song may cause me to break my face.

13. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I heard it too and it really is a lovely song. I'm hoping we'll get some more bits before the album comes out, to feed our starving Grobanite appetite, but that bit really was lovely.

14. Fanatic6

Fanatic6 Police Officer

WOOHOO!

Great news everyone, the new album is NOW AVAILABLE for pre-order on Amazon.com. There's a Link on the Groban website, so check it out! There's a special-edition two disk and a regular version.

*happy dance*

15. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

That really is great news. Pre-ordering is my middle name ;) well, one of them. I really am hyped about this CD.

I've got some Joshy related stuff to show you guys:

Parade Magazine

And this is said to be the pic used in the album cover for 'Awake'.

Love the long jacket