Grade 'People With Money'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 20, 2006.

1. messinwithmesser

messinwithmesser Lab Technician

I have to say that I was quite disappointed in the season premiere episode…. :( , so I didn’t give it a good grade….sorry!

Strike 1
    When I saw the new detective I thought it was Aiden’s ghost! She resembles Aiden a lot, the long dark hair, tough NY attitude… Did they intentionally want to have someone who looked like her?! I thought it was a lame attempt to introduce a new detective.

Strike 2 (ok, a baby strike 2…)
    What’s up with Stella’s makeup?? Does she have Tammy Faye as her new makeup artist? Lay off that freakin’ mascara!! You’re a detective, do you really need all that makeup?? :confused:

Strike 3
    Mac and Peyton. I’m not so sure about them yet. Seeing how Mac is and how he is very dedicated to his job, I did find it out of character of him to pursue a relationship with someone he works with. He seemed to keep his personal life very private and only disclose things when he wanted to.
    In the end when they were leaving and she asked him about their relationship outside work, I was thinking he might have wanted to end it or take things slower….but when he grabbed her hand, I was yelling, “MAC! Don’t do it!! Don’t do it!!” He did it…kissed her. Dammit!!! I would have preferred Jane…you know she and MAC had that flirting going on….. it’s like she knew he was attracted to her and vice versa.

Don’t get me wrong, there are things I did like about the episode….

Flack’s line to Lindsay about getting the digits! Loved it. Nice to see Flack is back and ready to work! :lol:

Of course, Hawkes and Messer working together…. I could never get enough of that….so keep’em coming… :D

And as everyone else has mentioned, the Hawkes line to Hammerback going to that creepy place….Classic! :lol:

2. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

New detective looks exactly like Aiden. No joke. Even my sister thought Aiden came back from the dead. But I like her.

Mac and Peyton doesn't bother me so much as it should. Don't really mind it.

Case was extremely boring and stupid. Yawn. Please NY, you can do better.

This was a B- for me. Then again, I didn't put the bar too high.

Oh, my mother called to say how adorable she thought Flack was. Made me giggle. :p

3. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

I graded the premier episode an A+!

i loved watching every minute of it..one thing i do not agree on is peytons accent lol you can so tell that she is putting it on lol but it is nice to see that mac looks happier when he is with peyton, even if they dont last that long lol

only down side for me was there was no DL goin on! lol
    roll on episode 2!!!! :D :D

4. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

I received numerous complaints regarding this post. It's flaming and you know it. Please be nice.

I gave this episode an "A". Unless Danny is naked in the shower, nothing gets an "A+" from me.

Overall, I really enjoyed it.
    * Lots of witty dialogue. If Sid weren't so damn old, I just might develop a crush on him. :lol:
    * Danny and Hawkes are terrific together. I'd love to see more of that.
    * Loved seeing Mac loosen up and get a life outside of work. Claire Forlani is fantastic and the pairing isn't as distainful as I initially thought. The age difference really doesn't seem like a big deal. That accent is going to seriously annoy me though.
    * Detective Angell is hot and sassy. I'd love to see Danny get a piece of that, instead of Lindsey. Angell is very reminiscent of Aiden, but I guess I loved Aiden enough that it doesn't really bother me if they want to essentially copy that character.
    * Stella looked great. The tan was gorgoeus, but as has been stated by others -- 1) too much boob and 2) too much make-up. Melina is beautiful. We don't need to see her cleavage or have her painted like a hooker to appreciate that.

5. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

alas... wouldnt we all love to see Danny in the shower.. wow that would be good.... hehe :lol: if only we were able to jump through our tv screens huh! ;)
    i dont think i would want danny to get with Det angell... i dont know if its because i jus associated him wit lindsey now, and thats it or what...
    i hope they dont get together though, i think she looks the type who loves them n leaves them lol but mind you.. if danny does get a bit flirty with det. angell, and lindsey sees it, maybe this is how come it all gets a bit much near episode 4!!!! hehe i cant wait
    But i think its safe to say.. i dont like her hehe
    :D

6. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

Okay, I guess I'll put in MORE of my two cents.

I didn't really like Peyton. I guess I would like her better if she wasn't with Mac, or the fact that the writers want us to beilieve that she has such a close relationship with all the other CSI's.

I thought Angell was okay as well. I don't SEE that point in her. ALl I see is the writers trying to make another Aiden, she just didn't do anything likeable. I didn't see her do anything that an extra detective could do from earlier seasons. I'm just glad she is only on for two episodes so far.
    And she takes away from the little Flack time we already get! :p
    I LIKED the fact that Linday made a mistake in thinking it was Erica. It was good to see her go up against Mac and Stella, even if she was wrong. Then she admitted her mistake. How is that TOO sweet?
    Hammerback rocks and I WANT tose glasses! :lol:

7. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

you shall have to fight my mum for those glasses Alyssa!!! :lol:

8. FLACK_ATTACK

FLACK_ATTACK Prime Suspect

What can I say about the series premiere? I liked that Flack seen back on duty. The show added some new faces to the show. I really hope that D/L get together during the season. I will say this right now, I DON'T LIKE PAYTON. Her accent will get to me after a while. So I hope she is not in the show very long. The other Det doesn't bug me as much though.

9. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I gave the episode a 'B'.

Positives:
    1. Flack and his "groupies." Have to give love to a cop injured in the line of duty.
    2. CSI's teamwork. Could really feel the team gelling. Danny/Hawkes/Adam/Angell...Mac/Stella/Lindsay/Flack
    3. Beautiful New York City...doesn't get much better!
    4. Witty dialogue and rapport.

Negatives:
    1. Payton/Mac: Distracting.
    2. Convoluted storylines that are somewhat predictable.
    3. Lacked the "punch" of a premiere...was a salad instead of a steak and I was left wanting more.

10. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

Was it just me or was Danny extra bitchy last night? I'm surprised none of you mentioned that yet, because he really kind of was. I ended up missing half the episode because my sister barged in and proceeded to tell me the contents of her day directly in the middle of the episode. The things I did catch though, was that Det. Angell is Aiden and Maka all rolled up into one. I think she came across a little harsh at first, especially for being a new character. I have to warm up to the bitches and they can't come on so strong at first. :lol: Not sure how I feel about Peyton yet. She doesn't irritate me, but I don't love her either. I, too, was like, "NO NO! Mac don't do it!" when they kissed but Mac is kind of a neutral character for me, so the things that happen to him are almost always an 'eh' feeling. Things I loved: "I think she means vitamins." :lol:, Lindsay: "Allow me to demonstrate." Stella: "I love it when she does this." YAY! for contunity! annnnd, that shot of when Danny and Hawkes had the money all laid out and the money reflecting off Danny's glasses. I don't know why, but I just looooved the way it looked!

I'll get back to you guys when I can sit down and actually comment on the cases after I watch my tape later. Work is dumb.

11. fly_casual

fly_casual Witness

Da good:
    flack :D :D :D 'nough said
    hammerback&hawkes:very funny...
    det. angell: haven't seen that much of her, but i like her so far
    storyline: interesting. kinda disgusting in some parts, but, interesting.
    da bad:
    danny's haircut: ick. i seriously said it out loud. i say it again. ick
    stella: she looked... weird. i liked the way she looked last season. and her shirt was just a LITTLE bit too low to look professional
    lindsay: she was annoying. she's always annoying to me, but even more so this time.
    da ugly: :mad:
    payton or peyton or whoever: :mad: i hate her. :mad: nothing to do with the actress or anything, i just don't like the character. i can say it in german, too. ICH HASSE PAYTON!!!!!!!!!

basically, i give it an A. flack cancells out all the bad stuff. : ;)

wow. i just read this over and i'm pretty harsh. but seriously... flack just made my day.

ps: i wish they would have changed the theme song or whatever it's called. it's getting old.

12. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Was just thinking....you know how the dead guy was found on the base of the bridge, well if the bungee jumpers put their clothes in his blood, how did they not see him? Also, how would they have seen him in mid-bungee? :confused:

13. demor215

demor215 Prime Suspect

OK, everybody yelling at their t.v.s for Mac NOT to kiss her is cracking me up. I did the same thing. I'm a MAJOR Gary fan and I think Peyton sucks. Big time. Hate the accent, hate her prissy attitude. Zuiker did an interview that is on this site someplace about that first scene with Mac and Peyton and said something to the effect that it was a "very sexually interesting situation" and that Gary had "reservations" about dong the scene and he told him he had to, he was the star of the show, and was a stud and he was going to have sex with this woman. So, needless to say I didn't know what to expect from this development. I watched and just went "what was the big deal?" It was tame and almost "old married people" with the t.v. on, etc. All that buildup for nothing. Do we really need tricks like this to get us to watch?

I would think with Mac's tragic past if we are going to have to have him romantically linked to someone it would be someone special, he would have weird feelings about being with someone besides his wife, etc. etc. etc. This looked more like a one night stand to me and it felt strained and cheap. I didn't like it one bit.

Now, for the rest. I thought everyone looked good (well maybe not Lindsey). The cases to me were just same shit, different season. They really didn't interest me. And the pregnant stripper? Gross!!

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Carmine and/or TPTB are evolving Danny as a character. They seem to be taking him further away from the (albeit casual) suit-wearing youngster he was in S1 into a much tougher, more hard-edged, modern guy. He's more awake...remember how sometimes last season he'd slur his words and look at people with his eyes half closed when he talked to them? I'm not seeing that now, at least not in this ep. He seems a lot sharper. More cynical? Is that the word? I don't think that's the right word, but he seems to have less patience, or something. Maybe Flack is rubbing off on him. He seems to be more tense. Hmm. Interesting.

15. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

hmm.. i can see what you are getting at Lyne.. Maybe its the whole flack getting blown up n stuff that has opened his eyes to much more of what goes on around him... either that or he jus loves doin his job more this time round lol