HC/DC's Thread #10 - Will The Real Horatio Please Stand Up?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Re: Horatio's Thread #5 - Will The Real Horatio Please Stand

Yes I know what you mean, my co-workers for some reason love CSI Las Vegas but cannot stand CSI Miami. Some say that they hate that guy on there meaning Horatio. Funny thing is that they have never actually sat down and watched more than a few episodes. So how they know they hate it is beyond me but most of the people I work with don't watch all that much tv. At least I have you guys to talk to about our great H. ;)

2. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

I get the "I have that lead red headed guy in that show" stuff too. When I attempt to explain Horatio's uniqueness and his quirks and why I like him their eyes cross and they look at me funny. Like what I describe is untrue or something. Oh well, they don't know what they are missing.

Rebecca

3. sweetheart

sweetheart Witness

oh yes, i know those people! they really don't know what they're missing!most of my friends totally hate the show and especially H! they just think he's old, boring and ugly! i can't understand them!

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

All of my friends are the same way. They think Horatio is pompous, annoying, self-righteous, over-heroic (whatever that means) and a glorified perfect character, which they believe is unrealistic.

They have no idea what they're talking about. Horatio doesn't come off that way at any time. In reality, his character is humble, and yes, heroic at times. (going from a season two perspective) However, I felt the same as my friends when I first saw Miami. I didn't take the time to see the character at all. - At first glance, he may seem to be too perfect, and glorified, and all that but really it takes a few episodes for him to grow on someone.

I think Horatio is one of those ideal characters. - Kind of everyone's protecter, and almost seemingly God-like. (depending on what you believe in) Of course, I'm not saying he's God, but he's got an almost "I'll protect you, and you'll be safe" kind of quality about him.

*shrugs* I'm losing my mind, but that's my opinion.

5. horatio_love

horatio_love Police Officer

They need to watch a whole Miami season and they will change their minds! Any season will change their IDEA about H!! ;) it worked with my mother .. she thinks he overeacts , but that's not true !! and she Likes Season 4 right now after she watched the whole season 2 with me lol :lol:

6. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

Okay..this might be bad...but what I have done to get people to watch CSI:M with me is under the guise of "Lets play the Horatio Caine drinking game". This gets interest and I can ususally get them to watch 4 maybe 5 eppies. I changed the rules a bit so we don't get so hammered but a nice light buz going. I also pick my faveret eppy's that show Horatio at his best. This usually gets them thinking even if they are buzzed.

Pick 4 to 5 eppy's that show Horatio at his best. Up to season 5 please. I would love to know what you think and would like to update my list. Thanks.

Rebecca

7. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

Hi Lucy, Wibs, Ducky and all...funny that after some time I'm not so crazy about Horatio anymore but I still like him lots. We're having S4 here in Malaysia...really slow and coz I read all those spoilers I knew what's gonna happen. I'm still watching though.

And well...still kinda amazed that I'm back...and we still have the same title. :eek:

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

9. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Great to see you again zippy. :D After watching the woeful Season 4, I'm not so keen on Horatio at the moment either. As you can see, I'm still looking for the 'Real' one! ;)

Nice pic Ducky. I was wondering where the ants had gone!

10. LtKitty

LtKitty Pathologist

Wow! look who is back! Zippy! Aloohaa! :D
    great to see you...i mean great to hear you...or..well you get the point! :lol:

piccy for ya...'everyone loves my back'

11. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Nice pic Ducky & LtKitty

12. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

LtKitty. Yea back shot. Thanks.. and yes he has a good back. I like when he is reaching making the suitcoat streach accross his back and it shows the muscle outlines. Nice indeed. I also like his ears. He has good ears.

Rebecca

13. mango

mango Victim

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Wonderful picture LtKitty. :D You sure know how to pick 'em. ;)

I have to say, I was very pleased with the second episode of Miami this season. Horatio seemed....Himself. And they added some good ol' continuity. (Raymond's death)

I was about to do a happy dance when Horatio and Stetler were talking to each other. *sigh* And it looks like they have a little atrium back, so I was happy with that. But more importantly, I saw some of the real Horatio! Looks like he's almost come out of hiding. :D

15. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

I was thinking that too. Nice to see some of the 'ole' Horatio back. I liked his interaction with Calleigh after he got to the scene of the accident. I am still a little bit bothered by his more than usual gravely voice. To me it does not sound as smooth as it use to. I will admit it was not as bad as it was in Rio. I think Rio tramatized me for many reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.