"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 18, 2005.

1. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoi

Yes, I think when they opened the lid, Nick said "Please. Out." or something along those lines. Hard to tell through his sobs. I think he called Grissom "Daddy" right after Grissom told him to put his hand on his. He just mouthed it.

2. lookyhere_kayla

lookyhere_kayla Lab Technician

Yeah...the ultimate in heart wrenching cuteness! Damn, that man is hot!

3. wilsonwonders

wilsonwonders Rookie

I think maybe it could have been because Gil had said Poncho and only Nick's Dad ever called him that, or it could have been the fact that Nick see's Gil as a father figure

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

He called him 'Daddy'..

I thought heard him say 'Oh shi.XX OH shi'..that's my sick mind working..

I also thought I heard him say, 'Get me out please..'

Great acting on GD,GE, and WP's part..very touching scenes

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You know not to play on the parent scene too much, but I remember when I was talking at work with some younger co-workers and one them complaining about Nick's dad saying,'Oh Ponch..what have you got yourself into.' I thought it was a strange reaction. But thinking about it, fear sometimes comes out as anger. Like you warn your kids not to do something and they do it anyways and the consquences are dire, you can't help but be angry at them.

I wish there had been more scenes with his parents, but the two actors who portrayed them were wonderful with their gut-wrenching reactions to seeing Nick buried alive. And the piano music was also heart-wrenching and that was the first time I started crying. The final scene with WP..was the big tear-jerker for me.

6. Yeti

Yeti Witness

I kept it together most of the way through but the tears really came when he went to see Kelly in jail. He just looked so ..... beaten down. Here he was trying to help someone else when it was so obvious that he still needed so much help himself. He played that scene BRILLIANTLY!!!

7. ford_prefect

I think they tried to sneak some "bad" words into this episode. Right before Warrick asks for the fire extinguisher it sounds like Nick says "Oh s***." And, when they find the dog, Catherine says "It's a dog. It's a dog," but I swear what I hear is "It's a dog. It's a g**d**n dog," Maybe that's just me.

8. Moppig

Moppig Rookie

I thought I heard Catherine swear too. With the emotion of the moment it could have been me filling in what I would say.

I though Nick was saying "ok, ok" over and over to calm himself. Unless you're referring to another scene

9. ford_prefect

I was referring to a different scene. Warrick uncovers the top of the coffin and sees the ants, then they show Nick, it sounds to me like he says "Oh s***," then Warrick says "Get me the fire extinguisher!"

10. Yeti

Yeti Witness

This has nothing to do with Grave Danger but more to do with GE swearing. I was watching the episode of ER he was on which is currently repeating on Foxtel down here and he says, "Don't you f**king die on me!"

I almost fell of my chair. Obviously it would have been beeped or blanked when it aired on normal TV but still...

11. soapsfan123

soapsfan123 Hit and Run

When they opened the lid - I thought it sounded more like Nick saying "Get Me Out". I agree with previous posts - they probably weren't even thinking about the danger to themselves regarding the ants - I mean Warrick didn't even care if there were explosives - same with Grissom - he got right back on the top to calm Nick down.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh I REMEMBER THAT..I think it was muffled out or something..now I remember the ER episode he was in..cool.I'll have to rent it

13. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Yeah, I saw that ER too. I think they changed it to "freaking" instead, but I was like, whoa. (Did you happen to notice that his character's mom committed suicide when he was 9. What a traumatic age!)

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Now that episode has come back to me, and I remember thinking, boy that guy is really cute..I think he was the only paramedic I liked.

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

*scoots folks back on topic* :D ;) Thank-you.