Concerts.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by kazzy, Aug 2, 2005.

1. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Concerts. They're a pretty cool place to go aren't they?

Well, I wouldn't know cos I've never been to a concert before. Yes, I'm a concert virgin. :(

It would be cool to hear about other people's experiences of concerts. And what exactly do you do at concerts too. :D

2. VerityKindle

VerityKindle Police Officer

My first concert ever was Huey Lewis and the News way back in the 80s when I was in college.

I don't really care for concerts. They're too loud. And I find it depressing to see all these little teenagers getting drunk and passing out and having to be carted out before the concert even starts. That's a pretty expensive alcohol binge...

Stevie Nicks puts on a pretty good show, though.

3. Catherine_Willows

Catherine_Willows Coroner

I've never been to one either. I came close to going to a Good Charlotte one once though.

I really wanted to go to Warped Tour this year, but alas, it's come and gone already. :(

4. SkeletonJack

SkeletonJack CSI Level One

I've been to a handful of 'em. Evanescence, Hoobastank, Good Charlotte, Story of the Year, Trapt with Finger Eleven and Smile Empty Soul, Chevelle (2x) and the Warped Tour.
    There's nothing like the energy of a live show, even though it's loud, but it's so worth the headache and busted hearing the next day.

5. stripforensics

stripforensics Judge

I went to dc Talk's farewell concert. It was awesomeee.

And on Saturday, November 5th at 8 PM at the Patriot Center in Fairfax...I have 3 tickets to GWEN STEFANI AND THE BLACK EYED PEAS!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!! *dances around the room*

6. Catherine_Willows

*cries* I WANTED TO SEE ALL THOSE!!!!

I hope you had fun. Chevelle and SOTY would've been fun. :p

7. SkeletonJack

SkeletonJack CSI Level One

They were awesome. At SOTY the whole band did a huge back flip off a speaker or something. And Chevelle was so loud, and had the best light show ever. At Trapt, Chris Brown tried to go into the audience, but security stopped him and held him above the crowd behind a little gate thing.

8. Catherine_Willows

Sounded awesome!

Hehe, security is mean. Pete from Fall Out Boy always tries to pick a fight with them. :D

I wanna try and either go to Ninetendo Fusion tour or The Academy Is concert.

9. KatieHeartsCSI

KatieHeartsCSI Pathologist

You've been to every single band I love. I've never been to a concert. :(

10. skiJeRZe

skiJeRZe Rookie

I'm the type of person that doesn't like watching live concert. My first concert was last year. It was American Idol Tour. I went with an online friend. I had fun, but the arena was filled with bunch of kids.

11. kazzy

Mmmhm. It's just I'm going to a concert in London to see Nightwish!!!! The bestest band like ever. I wouldn't be doing this if I knew it was going to be full of kids. It might be full of emo or goth kids. :eek:

12. Dance2nite926

Dance2nite926 CSI Level One

Im going to The Killers concert this month!

13. stripforensics

stripforensics Judge

You suck. They were here with Sonata Arctica in like May...and they were only like 15 miles away...and I didn't know about it...

The Killers concert. Awesome!

14. kazzy

:eek: OMG. How can you not know about the two best-est bands! You're the one that suck. They're coming down here too but I think it clashes with the concert I don't want to go to: Rooster. THEY SUCK! :eek: :mad:

15. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Well, my first "big" concert was in 1968, so that gives me a pretty big running start on how many concerts I've been to...don't worry, I won't list them all. Just...

First - Steppenwolf, Three Dog Night and the Grassroots, September 1968, Forum, L.A.

Most recent - King's X, June (?) 2004, House of Blues, L.A.

Biggest - Cal Jam I (Emerson Lake & Palmer, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Black Oak Arkansas, Seals & Crofts, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire and Rare Earth), April (?) 1974, Ontario Motor Speedway, Ontario, CA

Biggest band in smallest venue - Foo Fighters and Atomic Punks, July 2001, Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA

Biggest band in biggest venue - Rolling Stones, Guns & Roses and Living Colour, summer 1989, Coliseum, L.A. Honorable mention - U2, same venue, late summer of 1987.

Next concert I hope to go to - Foo Fighters and Weezer, Staples Center, L.A., sometime this fall. Although I miss those smaller venues!!

--Robin