Greatest Series Finales

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Exit 8A, Sep 15, 2006.

1. CAINEonFIRE

CAINEonFIRE Witness

2. CSIgrad

CSIgrad Lab Technician

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - throughout the final season, or even the season before that, i thought it was very inconsistent, most likely due to the fact that Joss Whedon got busy with Firefly and Angel, and he sorta left other people in charge of Buffy...anyway, i think the series finale wasn't the greatest episode, however i do think Joss Whedon did the best with the mess that the others have left him

Angel - i thought the ending was great, it was sudden and i really dont see it coming

3. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

I definitely agree that Three's Company's ending was horrible. They ended it way too fast just so they could start Three's a Crowd, which kinda ... was bad!! They should've had Jack & Janet get married at the end :D

And a finale I did like was Conviction. Even though I didn't know at the time that it was going to be the end of the show, it was just amazing :cool: :)

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

The Nanny was good ending.
    I like the show called Tour of Duty, the ending was okay.

Only the show I don't like is the ending of the series, is 7th Heaven, that was a stupid ending, that why they brought it back to do better ending.

I like the ending of Buffy, the vampire slayer, that was good ending, my favorite character are Spike, Willow, Xzander and Cordelia.

I use to watch Angel but I got bored with it, so I can't say anything about the ending.

5. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

Didn't Little House on the Prairie have a series finale where they destroyed the entire town?

Oh, and I loved what they did for The Bob Newhart Show Reunion. Rather than have the actors be themselves and reminisce about the old times, they turned it into an episode of The Bob Newhart Show with all the actors getting into character; and the show being based around Dr. Robert Hartley still being perturbed by a dream he had the night before, the dream being the entire series Newhart. They had a great joke where Howard Borden (Bill Daily) hears about Hartley's dream, and tells him he had a dream similar to his, where he was an astronaut in Florida for 5 years (Daily played astronaut Roger Healey in I Dream Of Jeannie)

6. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

I actually liked the "Quantum Leap" finale. It was sad, but fitting for the complexities of the show.
    "JAG" wrapped things up nicely after its ten-year run.
    There was a show called "I Married Dora" that ran for about eight weeks during the late 1980s. It ended with the "Dad" character going to catch a plane while Dora (who was his new wife) and the kids watched from the airport window. Dad came back in and said "It's been cancelled." Dora asked "Your flight?" He replied "No. The show." Then they all joined hands and took a bow. It was a cute, classy ending to a show that should have been given more of a chance to find an audience.