Danny/Lindsay #11 ~ "Don't Bet Against the Country Girl!"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by audacity, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadeeBear

LadeeBear Witness

Re: Danny/Lindsay #11- "Don't Bet Against the Country Girl!"

Lalala. *pops in on a break from her AP Lit poetry analysis*

So, the angst makes me a little apprehensive, but not too much. I mean, you all brought up very valid points. I think that if Danny & Lindsay got together THIS early in the season, they'd fizzle out by the end of s3, and we do not want that to happen. I really believe that there is so much more to Lindsay than meets the eye. She may be very insecure because she's been abused or used in the past. Or, she may feel like she's not good enough for Danny because he HAS all these girls after him. She might think that he's settling for her, and that he'll find someone else next week (although we know better). But see, it's all how the writers choose to create her character. So, relax guys & think happy shipping thoughts!

2 days.
    *squees*
    Alright, it's dinner time, so I am out!
    :D

Jenn

2. Girlygirl

Girlygirl Rookie

Hey guys,

I'm dropping in to let you all know that I updated my fic over at Fanfiction.net heres the link:

Standing By Ch. 7

Anyway I've decided to bribe you all into reviewing- I refuse to update the last part unless you all review so make sure you review. :)

Only 2 more days till D/L!!!!!

-Girlygirl

3. vexus

vexus Pathologist

Girlygirl, I reviewed your fic, I love it! I love where it's heading.

Read the spoiler, deep breath! deep breath!

Episode 3 and now the angst begins! I wonder what makes Lindsay stand up Danny? How can anybody stand up Danny? The only thing that I can think of to make Lindsay do that is to see all the girls flirting with him. It seems like this year, we will se a lot of that and maybe it gets to Lindsay. Maybe to Lindsay, he has to really earn her trust in him. I believe that the ship will sail , I believe it!

4. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Jenn! GirlyGirl! Vex! Lol, Hiya y'all! :D **waves happily!**

GirlyGirl I don't think I've seen your fic yet...how sad is that! That said I intend to fix that as soon as I post this, and then of course I'll review! ;)

Lol, yeah Vex I think there might be quite a few of us trying not to hyperventilate over that spoiler! I'm glad it's not just us fluffies too...makes me feel better! :D That said, I have decided to listen to my wise Fluffy Twin **high fives Aud for her optimism!** and be positive!
    I know she keeps turning him down, and I think what you all have said about her feeling a bit insecure about all the girls Danny has flirt with him could be quite correct...I think this gives him a really great opportunity to prove he is sincere in his feelings toward her and that he really does care more for her than anyone else...not that I want him to have to go overboard to erase her every insecurity (I think Linds needs to work on getting over her insecurities too...) but Danny has been a bit of player in the past, so him showing her he's now a one woman man will be good for both of them! And then Linds can work on trusting him, that he won't hurt her...it's gonna be a growing season for both our favorite CSI's y'all!

50 hours and 48 minutes!! And I'm checking on our poll...I'll get back to ya! ;)

Lynn, Smi... where you at?

5. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

you guys might be trying to not hypervenalate... ha. I already have, am, and probably will continue to hypervenalate until that episode is shown and an explanation has been givin... man spoilers are a lot of stress!

6. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Don't be talking about my angst, dangit. Sorry Mo watching Miami. Nice season. Hope ours rocks like it does :D

haha I saw the bungee scene hahaha

The End.

7. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Lol, Rad you rock, hon! :D Hey if you're gonna do something, you may as well do it all the way, right! :lol: Heehee! I'm still gonna go with optimism, call it denial, or whatever...but I like my bubble! **Moriel pets her lovely D/L bubble and giggles happily...**

Lol, Lynn you're angst is fine...in fact for the moment it's got the upper hand! Not that that will last mind you, so enjoy it now! ;) Cuz the fluff is coming, not quite sure when but I'm firmly holding onto the hope! :D
    **hugs to my angsty pal!**
    Let's see y'all...anyone got a good D/L question for us tonight? Oh hey here's one...apparently I'm on a holidays kick, lol! :lol: But anyway...
    What do you think Danny and Lindsay will do for New Years?

And since we've got time and apparently I'm in the mood for polls...and you all have been so fabulous about voting...here's our thread title choices narrowed by one...since there was a tie for 3rd place....this should be the second to last one, so please don't get sick of them quite yet! :lol: So yeah vote again...and...yay you all are just fabulous...I love our ship and all you awesome shippers! :D Okay so after all that...here ya go:

8. SecretSophie

SecretSophie Hit and Run

You do realise it says

Danny, Lindsay and date in the same sentence? As in, he probably asked her out in order for this dinner date to happen?

Also, Love runs hot should be the next thread title.

9. Misery

Misery Pathologist

I just have to say something that I know most of you won't like, but hear me out:

I certainly hope that Lindsay standing up Danny doesn't have anything to do with her thinking that he's just a player and she feels inscure. I mean, they are adults; he asked her out (probably) and he's not a Nostradamus. He can't promise her anything, like no other person can't. Any other way would be lying. It's not really fair that he needs to "prove" something, because Lindsay already has one thing that all the other women don't-she is his friend. In my book that changes everything. You can't fool with a person you respect and care about.

Now, don't get me wrong: I love Linds, I just hope that this will turn out differently.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Only one word comes to mind when reading the spoiler: WOW!!!

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm optimistic about the TV Guide spoiler. I think the fact that something like that happens means that the CSINY guys are taking us --- the crazy, homicidal (haha) Danny-Lindsay fans --- seriously. Only good can come out of it.

As long as both Carmine and Anna are on the screen and they're not shooting each other, there is hope...

12. audacity

audacity Pathologist

Good response. That's true he can't promise things will work out or that he won't find someone else...just like she can't promise that she will feel the same way either...but even adults have dating issues. Those things happen with all generations of people. I think Lindsay's insecurities lie somewhere else---not just Danny. I'd rather her work things out within herself first then drag that baggage into a relationship with Danny. Neither of them deserve that. Also I guess I'm a little suprised at people around here because most people didn't want them to start the season off together---that's probably what they are doing by throwing us a curve ball. Just remember---midseason they said 'something happens.' I guarantee you it wouldn't be mentioned if it was going to piss off shippers/fans. Also we haven't seen the episode yet---so we don't know what will play out or Lindsay's reason for not showing up. For all we know they might just drop the thing---they've done things like this before....Am I the only one that's excited that they scheduled a date? Strong feelings must be there on both of their parts. I mean I wouldn't agree to a date with co-worker, especially a fellow CSI, unless I had feelings for them. Cheer up people and enjoy the season! I am concerned somewhat, but we are used to this ship having fun a lot----stuff like this will test it, perhaps make it stronger. :)

13. Guest

Guest Guest

COMPLETELY BUMMED when i checked out www.cbs.com/innertube

"The content you are trying to access is not available outside the United States"

What the....^&@#%$&*(!

Well, I guess you guys will look out for us. Sigh. Blow by blow accounts please! Tomorrow's the big day!

14. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Exactly! :) If she accepts the date, then it would be just wrong to not show up, because of her "insecurities" (if she does see danny flirt with someone or he gets flirted with) That just sounds immature to me. That's why I hope that whatever comes is something work related, or family-related. And it can be a good thing, really.We get to see that Danny really cares about her, and he will let her know that.

15. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Good morning my lovely shippy pals! **dances in passing out hot cocoa and warm muffins!!** "Tomorrow, Tomorrow, We'll see it tomorrow!" **sung to the tune of Annie's "Tomorrow"! :lol:** Yay I'm a little excited...wohoo for premiere day finally being tomorrow! :D

Aud Hi my lovely Fluffy Twin! **hugs!** Mis yay you dropped by, hi hon! :D How ya doin? S.S., L.M., Niki howdy, howdy! And no worries L.M. we're good on details...we'll keep ya updated, no worries! :lol:
    I agree Aud, I think Linds' insecurities lie somewhere else other than with Danny, but I think in some ways she is transferring them to Danny on some level. That said I agree with you Mis, I don't think it's fair of Linds to stand him up because of those insecurities. :p And yeah I think she needs to work thru her issues before starting in on a relationship, or at least try to, cuz no one goes into a relationship without ANY baggage, ya know. ;) As far as why she stands him up, yeah I don't think she'd just decide not to show up for no reason, and even if she did see him flirting with some one else...at that point (since she'd agreed to a date with him) I think she'd be more likely to go up and confront the girl doing the flirting and tell her to back off her man :D...instead of just getting insecure and walking away. I'm thinking it'll be family or past issues that keep her away from the date and maybe that can be the segueway into Danny finding out what's up with her past ya know...he shows up at her apartment and says "Montana, I'm not leaving until you tell me why you didn't show up tonight!" And Aud no you're not the only one excited that they actually scheduled a date! :lol: I think that's fabulous...YAY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.