The Poll Thread - #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 17, 2006.

1. wibble

wibble Corpse

I got a pair of glasses about a month ago after I had my eyes tested (because I couldn't read things a certain distance away). I don't mind wearing them, though I only really need them for when I learn to drive and when I need to read things at a distance, like during lectures at Uni.

Personally, I think my glasses just make me look more of a geek, although my Mum insists that they "transform" me and I'm not recognisable in them (good grief! :rolleyes:). Reminds me of Clarke Kent/Superman :lol:

ETA: Btw, out of interest (those who wear glasses) did anyone pay out for an expensive pair of designer ones, or go for cheaper ones? I'm wondering if cheaper ones are just as good as the French Connection pair I have. I'm clueless about whether I'm just being ripped off or not :lol:

2. LtKitty

LtKitty Pathologist

noup..but i think i need them.. :( wich is not good.. :rolleyes:

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I bought a 200 dollar pair of glasses. They're just regular frames. :) - I'm assuming they're just as good as designer ones. I've never really been into buying big expensive frames. My policy is, it's the lense that counts. ;)

But if people are buying them to be fashionable, I don't have any qualms with it. I guess it depends on the person, and how much money they have. :lol: :p

And I'm sure you're not being ripped off wibble, sometimes a designer frame can be really worth it. - They might last longer than the normal everyday plastic frames. Designer frames are usually built to last, which is why they're so expensive. (And since they're so expensive, the manufactuer would want them to last)

4. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Well I wear contacts, but when im too lazy to put them in I wear glasses, so I put both :D

5. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

hey I'm new to this thread.

Concerning the poll I wear either glasses or contacs. Like sandersidle already said if I'm to lazy to wear the contacs I'll wear my glasses.
    But honestly I hate glasses (at least myself with glasses) :( (even though I have one expensive pair of glasses by GUCCI).

Usually I wear my glasses when I'm in school and I wear the contacs when I go out in the evening etc. :)

6. Fool4love

Fool4love Police Officer

I have both. I wear contacts during the day and then my glasses in the evening. Unless i'm going out in the evening, in which case i'll wear my glasses in the day. One time i tried wearing one pair on contacts at school and then putting in a new pair in the evening because i was going out. It was fine at the time, but my eyes were really sore the next day. Not something i would try again.

7. sazb

sazb Victim

I wear glasses but only when my eyes get tired like if i've been reading for a while. I never ever wear them in public though, for some reason i've found it impossible to find a pair that suit me its the same with sunglasses. I'm thinking of trying contacts but the thought of putting something in my eye makes me feel a bit icky!

8. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

I don't wear glasses, however being reasonably young and looking at my mother I'm sure that will all change soon. :lol:

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

This poll got me thinking...

Do you think they'd ever sell contact lenses to mimic the purpose of perscription sunglasses? (Especially the ones that get darker once you get into the sun, and then lighten up afterwards)

I think that would be neat product.

10. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

i guess i wear both of them or not one of them just like my mood is and i cant without them but i hate it, especialy my glasses but cant where my contacts more than 4 hours because my body rejact them.. AAARRRGGG

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I have that problem sometimes. When I turned 18, I was in the bar and first time they ask my ID when I buy a drink... guy looks at me, looks at my driving license (it has horrible pic in it!) and looks at me and looks at license. I sigh and took my glasses off. He looks at me and the license but after all gives me the drink :p 2nd time that night, I walk there and new bartender... He takes my license looks at me and looks at the license... I just take my glasses off and there we go! 3rd time when I walk towards the bartender, I notice it's a woman this time and take the glasses off already.

Well, I need titanium ones (no nickel, me allergic and I like light glasses). Frames are Luigi Benini and glasses don't reflect so I paid 380€ (frames+glasses). I wanted frameless ones but they didn't have those as titanium version :p

12. allmaple

allmaple Judge

thats a common misconception, glasses dont make your eyes worse. with the glasses your eye muscles dont have to work as hard to focus so they can relax, releasing the tension in your eyes. so when you take them off you see how you really would see if your eyes didnt have to work so hard to focus, and it makes your vision look worse than you thought.
    as for expensive glasses my dad wont let me have them :lol: ive gone through too many sunglasses too quickly he doesnt trust me. i just went to his office and picked out the frames i liked and he told me whether or not i could have them :D
    as for contacts ive worn colours before (which are supposed to be less comfortable than plain contacts) and was fine. for a project on polymers i tried on the night/day contacts and other than the fact that i couldnt see anymore i couldnt tell this thing was on my eye!

13. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

Just jumping in randomly, hope you guys don't mind...

I used to wear glasses all the time since sixth grade, but I just got contacts and wear them during the day at school(I'm a freshman now) and wear the glasses at night. I usually just take my contacts out after dinner and let my eyes breathe for the night, if that makes any sense at all...

It was weird at first and when I was trying to do it at my first appointment to learn how to put them in and take them out it took ten minutes short of an hour for me to put one contact in (the optomologist put the first one in), take both out, and put them back in again. Now I've been wearing them about a month and it only takes five minutes max to to either or for both eyes. I can sometimes tell when I don't dry them enough and they pinch in a spot and it irritates my eye or it gets stuck on the underside of my eyelid and I have to peel it off in the bathroom, but besides, it's usually good.

14. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Transform? Oh yeah! Glasses makes me look more Chinese! :lol: I swear, I won't be wearing my glasses outdoors 'cos those lost people would come up and ask for directions in chinese. Pfft.

15. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

I wear both, but I mostly wear contacts. My degree is not that high so even if I don't wear them it's okay, I can still see. But if my lecturer writes something on the board and I don't have anything on then I'll have to squint like mad or copy off my friend's notes. :p Like some of you I too wear glasses to school when I want to look smart. :lol: As long as I look smart it doesn't matter if I'm dozing off in class. The lecturers think I'm closing my eyes and thinking deeply. :p