H/Cal #2: "Hot flashes. But that's just them" - DuCaine

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by zippy, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RIPTimSpeedle

RIPTimSpeedle Witness

Thanks for the idea CSIsMANIC.

2. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

Hi again!! Just a short post, 'cos I'm loaded with homework!! T.G.I.F is all I'll say, but here in Ireland and the UK, LivingTv(British TV Channel) is showing CSI: Miami every Friday, calling it "CSI Friday." So I guess I'll say, "T.G.I.F.C.S.I.F!!" A lot to type, but you know what I mean. It's kinda my new thing of a Friday.
    At the moment, we're in the middle of Season 3,(with hardly any or no Horatio/Calleigh case pairings!!), and I'm waiting for Season 5 with bated breath!! GRRR, if they don't deliver!! Rio looks great, but where's Calleigh?? OMG. I WANT DUCAINE AND I WANT IT NOW!!!
    Now on a happy note :), hopefully tomorrow I'll have something to pump us up, cheer us up and make you smile!! It's a surprise!! Nothing too SPECTACULAR, but I like it. Been working on it for a while now. See you tomorrow all!!

3. EmeraldEyes06

Hi, I'm back. It's time for the surprise I promised. It's a collection of images from this thread and the old thread put to music. Each image has a lyric that best describes it, and when you view them all together in time to the music, it's like a slideshow, or a very low-tech video!! Hope this'll encourage more people to come in and post, 'cos it's getting a bit tumbleweedy here!! DON'T LET THE THREAD STOP!! Here we go... enjoy!! This has taken a lot of blood, sweat and tears, and I am very happy with this. This song descrinbes their current situation so well, and since it's a duet, you can imagine... hope you like it!!

Somewhere Out There

Somwhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight,
    Someone's thinking of me,
    And loving me tonight.
    Somwhere out there, someone's saying a prayer,
    That we'll find one another,
    In that big somewhere out there.

And even though I know how very far apart we are,
    It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star.
    And when the nightwinds starts to sing a lonesome lullabye,
    It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky.

Somewhere out there, if love can see us through,
    Then we'll be together, somewhere out there,
    Out where dreams come true.

(Instrumental)

And even though I know how very far apart we are, it helps to think we might be wishing
    On the same bright star, and when the nightwind starts to sing a lonesome lullabye,
    It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky.

Somewhere out there, if love can see us through,
    Then we'll be together, Somewhere out there, out where
    Dreams come true...
    (sigh)

Dedicated to Horatio Caine and Calleigh Duqesne,
    Whose love will live forever,
    Through all the joy and all the pain,
    And to all the Ducaine fans
    Who constantly strive
    To keep the legacy of DuCaine
    Alive...
    :)

4. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Hey y'all! Haha...sorry for not posting yesterday. Got caught up in exams :mad:. Yeah..those things take upi most of my time lately.

But anyways, back to our lovely DuCaine..and..

[​IMG]

*sniffles* That was so wonderful Emerald :(. The caps were mostly from the first two seasons and they really bring back memories.

Here's a scene from Under Suspicion, S4:

H: .....
    Cal:Ten years in Miami, you were never injured. But you were injured in New York weren't you?
    H:Ten years ago in NY, I was stabbed badly while working on a case...
    Cal:Someone's been saving your blood, trying to frame you...

It amazes me that Cal knew that much about Horatio. That he has never really bled out in Miami. It's as though she's gotten that information stored somewhere. I was surprised that H didn't seem the least bit surprised at the revelation. I mean...she has known him over the time that she's been there which would be about 4 years. Hmm.....maybe she has been doing some deeper research on this Lieutenant Caine eh? :devil: :D

Oh and I've gotten another song. :lol: Hehe...this one is a classic..

Richard Marx

"Now And Forever"

Whenever I'm weary
    From the battles that raged in my head
    You made sense of madness
    When my sanity hangs by a thread
    I lose my way, but still you
    Seem to understand
    Now & Forever,
    I will be your man

Sometimes I just hold you
    Too caught up in me to see
    I'm holding a fortune
    That Heaven has given to me
    I'll try to show you
    Each and every way I can
    Now & Forever,
    I will be your man

Now I can rest my worries
    And always be sure
    That I won't be alone, anymore
    If I'd only known you were there
    All the time,
    All this time.

Until the day the ocean
    Doesn't touch the sand
    Now & Forever
    I will be your man

Now & Forever,
    I will be your man

Short and sweet but speaks great volumes. Fascinating this little verse:

If I'd only known you were there
    All the time,
    All this time.

Dosen't that seems appropriate for the way Horatio have been treating Cal? It's as though he's been shunning her out of his life and never really "sees" her. Never known that she's there all along. :( Hmm...

Editted to add:

BTW people, Zippy has sent her regards to us DuCainers. She says that hopefully, she'll be able to pop on here once in a while and just see how everything's doing. :D Ain't that great news? Well..hehe..hope your weekend was alright!

*poofs*

5. EmeraldEyes06

Thank you very much, Casper !! :) It means a lot coming from a fellow DuCaine fan. That was kind of my creative salute to Horatio and Calleigh, since I don't have the resources to make beautiful wallpaper or great videos, but I'm glad you enjoyed it!! :D Play it along sometime to the song, it's even better!!

"Under Suspicion" has to be the highlight of S4, I vaguely remember the actual episode, but thanks to that dialogue, it's all coming back to me. A real DuCaine moment... one of the only ones!!!

Great song Casper, really reminds me of them in S4, but I like to think he knows she's there, but with Marisol(R.I.P) being sick and the whole lot, he's just been swamped. That's what I believe, or it's just a sick joke on all of us!! WAAAHH!! :(

I do hope zippy pops in again, 'cos it's been really quiet lately. Come on people!! Feel the H/C love!! Let me know what you all think of my "Somewhere Out There" tribute, pretty please??!! Had a good weekend, and see you again.

Toodles!! :D

6. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

You're most welcome Emerald :D. And yeah, those scenes in "Under Suspicion" is like the little light shining from the tiny crack at the bottom of the door. It's a tiny little hope but it feels humungous dosen't it! :lol:

Yeah..Marisol(R.I.P) has now turned into a thing of the past. According to CSI_G's posts on Spoilers anyway. Heh, I'm not saying anything more for those who wants to stay spoiler-free. Hmm...but Horatio always seem to be keeping everyone at an arm's length. It's in his nature to be so...alone I guess. He dosen't really realize that some just want to know him better :p.

I used to have so much time to do picture manipulating. Hmm..well after the exam tomorrow, I'm going to come in here more often :D. And I'll make some picture manipulations if I can. I can feel my DuCaine Mojo boiling up again :D :lol:.

See ya too Emerald!

7. CalleighWolfe

CalleighWolfe Pathologist

EmeraldEyes06 where is your third pic from??? the one with Calleigh sleeping???is it from an episode??? I mean I don't remember seeing Cal sleeping in any episode :confused: Thanks a lot!!!

8. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

:D Lemme help Emma with that question yes? The picture of Calleigh sleeping is actually taken from a screencap of one of Emily's movies. So Leela(The one who created that picture) put it together and VOILA, one awesome DuCaine picture! :D

I happen to think that's very smart of Leela :D. And glad you like the picture ;).

9. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

We like when Leela does those things.

Casp, :lol: Palm does! We're so mean to Palm.

Where is Zippy and Palm?

10. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Zippy has been away for a long time and she has just recently returned. She says that she'll one day pop in here but didn't eally specify when. As for Palm, oh dear I think she really went to find Ann D! :lol:

But I'm about done with exams and I'm thinking of doing mroe manipulating pictures. Anyone want to see what Ann D won't show? Hehehe...

Ouh guess what, I've written an FF. A follow up of "Under Suspicion". Not shippy but there is a little DuCaine part in there. Just for anyone interested: Click!

11. EmeraldEyes06

Hello!! Casper, PLEASE manipulate some pics, I need them!! Screencaps aren't enough anymore, I feel like an addict, but I AM!! In your own time, don't feel under pressure, k? :rolleyes:

The image of Emily sleeping has caused confusion before, but let's all pretend that it is Calleigh sleeping... it's way more romantic that way!! Let's not spoil it, ok? Beautiful wallpaper, can't stop complimenting Leela on her work. Come back real soon!!

Good luck to Palm in persuading Ann D to write more DuCaine stories, here's hoping!! And hi to zippy if she's viewing the thread... come back real soon, we need more people!!

See you Wednesday, school again!! :mad: Heaven help me, and...

R.I.P to all those who died on 9/11 5 years ago...

Lest we forget

Bye for now.

12. CalleighWolfe

CalleighWolfe Pathologist

OK, thanks. So the girl is Emily but not Calleigh right? I still wanna know: where is the pic from??? :p you can PM me EmeraldEyes06 don't worry spoil it for me :p Thanks!!!

13. CSI_Grissom

CSI_Grissom Lab Technician

^^ hey thats me! :D

:lol: sorry i havent been around much, i just popped in to catch up and noticed the cap from "lost son" with the hug and it got me thinking so i figured id post a little something to give you guys something to talk about :)

to me anyways, the hug is a little weird looking, but in a good way, i mean how many of you hug a friend like that, she is rather short compared to him so you would think that she would go under his arms and he would wrap his arms around her neck

so the only thing that i could figure out, and hey it just happens to work in to our ship...hehe :p, she was really holding on to him for dear life and he was literally holding her up because she was so devestated, the other reason i came up with was that she knew she wouldnt get to hug H often, so she went for a big one cuase she has wanted to since she meant him, ok maybe a bit streched, but it made me happy and giddy and all those good emotions we used to feel when we got a lot of DuCaine interaction

well, im off, not sure when ill be back, im kinda busy with Ann here, she wont shut up and i am having a hard time subdueing her, she keeps complaing about how kidnapping is illegal or something, i dont know, but [bpalm[/b] brought her over to see i could reason with her, its not going to well, but i havent given up yet... :lol:

i guess i am the queen of spoilers, :lol: i dont have a lot, but i did see some previews, i dont know how many of you have seen them, but there was no cal, just a lot of action, but they got a lot in for one preview which makes me think they dont want H and eric in rio for too long, so i figure around 2 or 3 eps, i could be completely wrong, but thats my estimation, so i dont think we will have to wait to long to see him back in miami with cal, then we get all the car accidents, ex-boyfriends, and lab control power whatever it is, i think we should get some right off the bat, so hang in there guys, i think we might do alright this yer :D

14. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Hmm yeah...RIP to all those lives lost on Sept 11. :(

But hey, back to present mode. Yeah, I wanted to manipulate pictures. Hehe...it was always so much fun! Hmm...but it'll be pretty hard. Nyeh...I'll find some way to make the process easier. In the meantime, I found somethings from Under Suspicion:

He leans in...
    She leans in....

And let's just say that something happened when the curtains were closed. :lol: :devil:

Re the Hug:

Indeed, it was one helluva hug. I've always like to refer to it as a Bear Hug where Horatio would be the Bear but it turns out that maybe Calleigh was the one who gives the bear hug. Yeah well you can obviously tell that Calleigh is on her toes! :lol: Very endearing isn't she. What I tend to look at first is the fact that Horatio has got his chin buried deep in her shoulder. And then I'll look at their hair. Red and blonde. So striking. And then, after staring at that still, I'll remember Horatio's hands at her shoulders, wriggling. Such a tiny little gesture, seems to wrap it all up so nicely.

I've read from an interview once that Emily cried at Speedle's funeral eventhough the guy was right there among the people. So I figured that while she hugged David, she cried too. And even after the show ended, she was still holding onto him. I mean, it's possible ain't it? Okay..so that is no longer H and Cal but Emily and David! :lol: My bad...

15. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Alrighty so finally, I'm done with school and ready for the holidays. I can tell you this though, I can manage a manipulation or two. As soon as I get my hands back on my lost software.

Here was what I found today..a song that's always been there but...seems to make DuCaine comes to mind.

Bad English
    "When I See You Smile"

Sometimes I wonder
    If I'd ever make it through
    Through this world
    without having you
    I just wouldn't have a clue

Cause sometimes it seems
    Like this world's closing in on me
    And there's no way of breaking free
    And then I see you reach for me

Sometimes I wanna give up
    Wanna give in
    I wanna quit the fight
    And then I see you baby
    And everything's alright
    Everything's alright!

Chorus:
    When I see you smile
    I can face the world
    Oh..
    you know I can do anything
    When I see you smile
    I see a ray of light
    Oh..
    I see it shining
    right through the rain
    When I see you smile
    Baby when I see you smile at me
    Oh yeah

Baby there's nothing in this world that could ever do
    What the touch of your hand can do
    It's like nothing that I ever knew
    Hey..

And when the rain is falling
    I don't feel it
    Cause you're here with me now
    I wanna ask you baby
    It's all I'll ever need
    All I'll ever need!

Chorus:
    When I see you smile
    I can face the world
    Oh..
    you know I can do anything
    When I see you smile
    I see a ray of light
    Oh..
    I see it shining
    right through the rain
    When I see you smile baby
    Baby when I see you smile at me

I know I'm not the first to say that Calleigh's smile can be blinding in a good way. I mean c'mon, am I wrong to think so? :lol: But the reason for this song is mainly because of sulky, morbid, gloomy Calleigh. I want her to smile and the only time I saw that real, genuine smile in this new season was when she went to Alex to get expert opinion on some embalming substance. I want more of that and I doubt H will be around to actually be the reason to her smile :(.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.