Mac/Lindsay--All Dressed Up and Ready to Dance

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Top41, Jan 26, 2006.

1. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I love spoiler -- talk away! Personally, when it comes to Mac and Lindsay, I think that they go well together because she seems like the kind of woman who could make him see that it's okay to really (truly) love again. Plus, they just have excellent chemistry together, like in the scene with the bow&arrow and in "Stealing Home" -- the end of the episode where Mac came to comfort her in a way.

2. Adams_girl

Adams_girl Captain

that is my favorite M/L Scene. The look on his face is so cute.

[​IMG]

that sly smile on his lips. :D aww

Mac:"You already proved my point."
    Lindsay:"I know." :D

3. imbv

imbv Victim

I'm not sure about all these things we've been reading and how they'll turn out.

The rational part in me tells me that Mac, as serious about his job as he is, would not begin a relationship with one of his subordinates.
    But on the other hand, my emotional part, the one that picks on this kind of romantic stuff, tells me that there HAS been chemistry between him and Lindsay during the last season, which is basically why I became interested in this relationship and not, for example, DL; because I saw a possibility there. (As I wrote before, in my opinion, Lindsay does not pay much attention to Danny --other than co-worker/friend... at least for the moment and on HER part, not his.)

So, I've always wondered how this would take place, and something inside told me that, given that even Grissom has relationships from the very first episode (the woman at the lab), the writers would have to take him out of mourning sooner or later. (Yes, I remember the woman at the end of Season 1, but we never knew about her ever again.)
    And I also thought that, being the way that he is, he would keep it secret for as long as he could, especially if it could be a bit of a scandal, such as being involved with someone in his team.

However, I am convinced: There WAS something. And nobody else has been cast as regular. At least yet.
    There's still hope. *Sigh*

4. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

Adamsgirl such a good scene, one of my favorite MacRoe scenes ever. The do have good chemistry, and I like that about them. Even though he's the boss and she's the "student" so to speak, they have a great connection.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ah! I am so glad that i found this site! I thougt I was alone on my ML shipping. My favorite ML scene is in the one where shes new and they are stabing the pig, and when they're shooting the bow and arrow. So cute, so very cute.

6. bklynCSIfanatic

bklynCSIfanatic Prime Suspect

I ususally gather my thoughts and feelings on the subject of Mac and Lindsay, before I elaborate on them, but I'm basically here posting more than less. We need to jazz things up though so we can jump to a new thread.

Welcome to the thread, Whatsername.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

You know I was on FF.net looking for an ML fic but I only found a handfull, yet when I began writting I get more reviews than for a DL story i wrote. Kinda weird, but whatever. But I am an ML shipper now. Ahh...among the few there are.

8. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

There's a C2 for Mac and Lindsay over at ff.net. I wrote one fic for that pairing, "Had A Dream", and I was supposed to write another one for tylerhiltongroupie53, but I never got around to it. One of the reasons I love Mac/Lindsay is they have real chemistry. You have to look for it, I guess, but it's there.

9. the_lab_tech

the_lab_tech Victim

I don't think that you have to look for the chemistry between them, IMHO its more obvious than the DL chemisty as it seems to be friendly banter between Danny and Lindsey rather than chemistry. I am aslo looking forward to Lindsey's reaction to Peyton and the situation it creates.

10. bklynCSIfanatic

We got some of M/L last night. And I liked how Lindsay was persistent with Mac about the case, and finding the proof that Mac wanted. And how about Linsday's demonstration with Mac's tie and loosening his collar, that was sexy.
    Then at the end of the scene where Mac was talking to Stella his eyes was fixed on Lindsay. sighs....I so love these two and how they radiate together.

11. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

The tie scene was cute. Even Stella was like 'I love when she does these demonsrations' because they invole Lindsay getting personal with Mac and touching him. ;)

12. bklynCSIfanatic

I enjoyed the tie scene, and for shallow reasons I was glued to it. Mac and Lindsay physically contrast each other in a good way. Their chemistry is more of an elemental kind and not sibling.

13. imbv

imbv Victim

I totally agree with you, CSI_Watcher_8. I noticed something in Stella's look. But what I found significant was Lindsay's comment: "It was just a gesture of affection" (those are not the words, but you know them and I have the memory of a goldfish).

I'm not sure if we're supposed to talk about this, but giving the obvious (i.e. Mac involved with someone else), I'd like to share my views on Peyton.
    I know I should like her: she seems intelligent, honest, sensitive, and he is, well, involved with her. But there is something... maybe the name; Rebecca de Mornay's character in _The Hand that Rocks the Cradle_ keeps popping in my head, which is NOT good. No, seriously, she seems nice, but just nice.

So, basically, I feel kind of divided. There's some part in me which likes her, but I cannot forget that there's Lindsay, and her tie-scene with him, and all the looks and "gestures of affection" (and Stella seeing something). You nailed it, bklynCSIfanatic, it's not a kind of sibling chemistry.

Let's see what happens next. The preview seemed interesting: though it was Danny the one who called Lindsay, Mac seemed to do the physical job.
    And regarding Mac, what about his hesitation about having a relationship with a co-worker? It kind of kept me wondering too; it makes it more complicated for him to (eventually) get involved with Lindsay, but he obviously decided against it. And, again, Claire Forlani is only there for a few episodes...

14. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

According to the backstory on the two Mac has been going out with Peyton for a year. Which means 90% of that was them not working together. So I can see why he thought he couldn't start something with Lindsay. But now that his professional and personal lives cross. Maybe now he sees he could of had a relationship with Lindsay this whole time. ;)
    imbv I'm not sure I understand the last part of your spoiler.

15. imbv

imbv Victim

Apparently he is the one that jumps on the suspect to arrest him. At least I think that's what I saw. But maybe it was my own wish.

I thought I'd read that Mac and Peyton had been involved some time ago and that they had met again recently. But you all know how these things are; web pages do not always agree.

What I meant by Mac "deciding against it" was regarding his continuing with Peyton. But when you've broken your own rules once, it's more likely that you do it again in the future... hopefully for us.