'CSI' Cast Discusses The Show's Romantic Tangles

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 22, 2005.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

The Malaysian magazine Galaxie recently interviewed the cast of CSI in honor of the season finale "Grave Danger," which will air in the country next week.

In the interview, the cast had the opportunity to offer their interpretations regarding the different romantic entanglements on the show. For instance, there is the Warrick-Catherine relationship, which was nearly consumed in season five until the writers decided to postpone it for the time being.

To <font color=yellow>Marg Helgenberger</font> (Catherine Willows) it is obvious why the two might end up together. "The two characters, being who they are, I think they understand each other on a level that the others don't relate to, given our pasts – his addiction to gambling and my coming from a world of taking my clothes off in front of a group of men. We have gone through sort of the underbelly of life. We can communicate without saying a whole lot."

But while Warrick and Catherine have no trouble communicating, the opposite could be said of Grissom and Sara. <font color=yellow>Carol Mendelsohn</font> explained why. "We found out this season that she didn't have a father figure because her mother murdered her father. So it's very complicated, her relationship with Grissom. She's attracted to the unattainable man, whether she will act on that is an open issue."

Another issue for the couple is Grissom's emotional detachment from the world around him, which <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font> (Gil Grissom) explained, makes the character more interesting, but lonely. "I like that Grissom is an enigma. It's the real reason why he hasn't kissed Sara yet, because he has to keep something back. But I'd like to kiss her before the show ends."

But if Grissom doesn't act quickly, he might lose his chance. During season five, Sara spent a lot of time locking eyes with lab tech turned CSI Greg Sanders, who has had feelings for the older woman since the second season. "She really enjoyed that," <font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> (Sara Sidle) said. "Back then, she thought that he might be a little too young for her. But as time passes, people grow. And you are working long hours together."

But Mendelsohn admitted that regardless of the characters' romantic entanglements, the show will continue to focus primarily on the science. "It is not going to be a show about Catherine and Warrick taking a trip. It was just a desire to keep the show evolving and exciting for our actors, too."

Thanks to <font color=yellow>jsze</font> at Your Tax Dollars At Work for this!<center></center>

2. CSI_mania

CSI_mania Pathologist

I just love the end of the sentence.... :devil:

3. wibble

wibble Corpse

Me too :devil: there's still hope for GSR... :devil: :D

4. JaneD

JaneD Rookie

"She's attracted to the unattainable man, whether she will act on that is an open issue."

Whether she will act on that? Didn't she already asked him out? Like, 3 seasons ago? LOL.

Also, if Grissom really is a father figure for her, then the attraction is just creepy! :)

Jane

5. lovesCSI

lovesCSI Pathologist

very creepy!!!

but what about nick??? there's nothing of nick in that article...or am I blind...

6. lament

lament Captain

I guess Nick better head to a singles bar if he wants any action. :(

7. GrissLover4Ever

GrissLover4Ever Lab Technician

Can I say the f-word? Damn I'm so angry... It seems as if GSR was just confirmed as THE relationship by WP... I love WP, but how could he not even mention Grissom x Catherine. This is a sad day. Not really. lol I'm happy they mentioned Sara x Greg, but angry about Warrick x Cath. I'm so confused...

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I don't like Billy talking about the show ending..makes me feel creepy..as if next season will be the last..lord I hope not..there's still much to uncover about the guys and gals. They are all enigmas..I hope at some point, we get to know them better.

I know every show has its ending point like Cheers and Friends, but I'm not ready for them to say goodbye, six seasons isn't that long.

9. Synergy

Synergy Lab Technician

Double post, sorry.

10. Synergy

Synergy Lab Technician

I don't like Billy talking about GSR...I hate GSR. But it really reassures me somewhat that JF seems to support the Sandle relationship - I prefer Greg/Sara to Grissom/Sara anyday.

Oh, and I have this interview in my collection of CSI articles...my friend called me and said, "Rachel, you gotta get Galaxie - CSI's on it!" and I screamed into her ear! ;)

11. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Dead on Arrival

I would love to see Sara and Greg together. Greg has had a crush on her since Organ Grinder (Season Two). During the contamination shower in 4 X 4, I think the event or moment would be such an awkward for anybody, let alone they had to take a shower together. I think Greg was such a gentleman saying he did not see anything. I think in Sara's own way she was flirting back with him saying "Gee, I saw everything." I would love to ponder where this friendship/crush will grow into.

From what I remember, CSI will be on for two more seasons. I would like to see more "real cases." I guess cases that actually happened and not so much far-fetched, out there cases.

That is only my two cents.

12. lovesCSI

lovesCSI Pathologist

yeah..they signed for 7 seasons..
    I think they're not going to sign another contract..
    but I really want a lot of seasons more!!
    I don't like it when BIlly talks about the end of the show either..

13. chrissy0

chrissy0 Police Officer

I think Greg/Sara would be the coolest relationship to see happen on the show, because it has developed so damn realistically. Warrick/Cath has had a couple of moments but most of the time there's nothing. Same with GSR, although they have had a few more than Warrick/Cath. Sandle has developed slowly and very similar to real realtionships that stem from working together. I'm definitely rooting for this one to happen.

14. WarricksLady

WarricksLady Lab Technician

I disagree about the Warrick/Catherine thing. There have always been moments between these two but some just chose to ignore them. Also some probably missed it due to another ship being shoved down out throws left and right.

And if you don't believe me about Warrick/Cathering go back and watch the show from Season 1 believe me it's there!

If anything Sara/Greg is the one that came out of nowhere.

15. Leannethemouse

Leannethemouse CSI Level Three

I don't think so, yes there was Cath/ Warrick... but Sara and Greg have been there for a whil - Greg lked Sara and perhaps Sara admired Greg but nothing more, so people didn't pick up on it... but recently with all the flirting and her maybe going towards Greg more than she's going to grissom - it's being shown that there is something there