Flack/Monroe #2 - It's a Block Party Thing!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by CSI_Watcher_8, Jul 12, 2006.

1. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I agree with IHNC. Personally, when it comes to tv pairings, I love when they give you just a little tease here and there -- subtle looks, touches, and conversation to let you know that they're together. But when it goes overboard and you see people having sex first off and you're like, "wtf? when did this happen?" then it's a no-no.

I mean, if you watch "Without A Trace" then I think the thing Martin and Sam had going on -- the way the relationship was there on the show but they kept it to a minimum... I like that.

Exactly! I mean, that's why I love fic so much; with the scarcity of scenes between Flack and Lindsay during S2, we all had to pretty much imagine what was going on. And we did, and now the ship is all over the place. I love it.

2. iluvroadrunner

iluvroadrunner Pathologist

ooo! banter! i am all for the banter. makes me smile.

and i agree with the way martin/sam's relationship was on the show. that was good. i just didn't like the idea of martin/sam.

i love the little things that i can blow up to be what they're not because i can. it's a lot of fun for me, and i love to interpret relationships on the show without having them spell them out for me. that's more fun. especially when the relationship you don't want goes canon. when there's too much of it, it's like 'ok, we get it, let's move one please.' ya know?

3. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Randomness:

If you had to pick just one thing, person, situation for them to "get together"? Can be fluffy, angsty or both? Or pick one for each? ;)

4. screamingpoet

Personally, re: "Without A Trace" I like the idea of Danny/Sam. But that's just me. I think that they have a lot of chemistry and they work well together. Plus they look pretty.

I can think of so many ways for Flack and Lindsay to get together. But since you've asked... In the interview with Anthony Zuiker, he said that Lindsay has a problem with mothers and that during S3 she'll recuse herself from a case because she gets too close. I think that something like that -- when Lindsay gets too close to a case, and it bothers her excessively personally -- Flack would come to the rescue and want to be there for her. We all saw the way he was there for Stella in "All Access."

As for a person to get them together, I think it would be Danny. He'd do it inadvertently, though. I mean, on the show Lindsay's obviously hung up on him and I can totally see Danny doing something dumb to upset her. I remember in one of the episodes, Flack was disapproving of the way an intended victim treated women. I think since Danny's a supposed player, and Flack is Danny's best friend, Flack would disapprove of the way Danny treated women. He'd want to be there for Lindsay, especially if he had feeling for her beforehand.

For fic, generally I prefer angst. So much potential. I don't think I've ever written fluff; maybe once or twice. For Flack and Lindsay, I think angst. So much potential there.

5. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I completely agree with SP, The case with her being to close to something, could be a great way for Flack to be the one that saves her and helps her get through something.

And I agree, Danny could be the person that helps them get together. Who knows, Danny could even be the one that says, "Look, You two belong together" or it could be Stella, she'll see the way they are with each other and "lock them in the closet"

Fic. I think Angst is way better, but it can have its fluffy moments.

6. screamingpoet

I have a question, and some news.

First, the question:
    What do you like about FM Radio? I mean, what drew you to the pairing, and why do you think Flack and Lindsay would do well together as a couple?

Second, the news:
    I am finally putting up the FM Radio fanmix. Stat, pronto, tonight. (At least, if I can get the .zip file to work...) But fear not. I will do it. I promise, on all that is sacred. (But I have to watch Eureka. Expect a pause in my work from 9:00-10:00.)

edit:
    I am the first post on page 12! <3

7. iluvroadrunner

i honestly don't know what i like about FM radio.

DL was kind of really where i was leaning towards originally with lindsay, but one day, a long time ago, i noticed a thread saying flack/lindsay. and i clicked on it, because i've come to realize that i just ship flack with anything with boobs. anyway, i lurked for a while, then started getting involved with ff.net and reading stuff over there, and before i knew it i was hooked. it was bad. they became my major ship for a while there, and now i just have too many to count.

i guess they started my shipping obsession. maybe that's why i like them so much.

8. screamingpoet

I think Lindsay and Flack are well suited for each other. He's a fine, upstanding guy. Honest, nice, and he was raised (obiously) to treat women good. Lindsay's a country girl, not really used to the rough and tumble attitudes of the city men (like Danny, for instance). I think Flack would be just the right balance.

And, news! I have completed the fanmix and posted it from here to there and everywhere.
    the fanmix

However, if any of y'all don't have a LJ, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll kindly email the fanmix to you.

9. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I'm just so please that someone else has a question too. :lol:

What started my FM obsession? Hmmm, I don't know really. I first came to CSIfiles to talk about Snickers. But I started noticing other ships had following whether big or small. Then I was watching one night and thought what about Flack & Lindsay, which was a couple of episodes before 'Stealing Home' & 'Charge of Post' (which have the most FM scenes). Then I was surprised there wasn't a thread for them. And by that time I was looking for Fanfic to help once the season was over. I was so happy that at least one person saw it.

I think they would be great as a couple because when I went back and noticed their personalities are well suited for each other. And either one was prejudice about where the other one came from. (I just love how in 'cool hunter' Lindsay asks Flack about the water towers. Flack isn't dumb but he doesn't often have a CSI ask him a knowledge question which is a shame.) ;)

10. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Lets see.. This officially started for me in my Zombies RP. I blame Lauren mostly, and then hanging around the thread with Auda and Alyssa and of course CW8. I began to like it more, and now I adore it.

Couple wise, I think they would make a pretty good couple because of their chemistry (what we've seen anyways), and just how cute they are around each other, and personality wise, and Flack's a good guy, and she's a good girl.. So lets hook them up...

Somehow I know Em is laughing at me.

11. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Randomness:

Now that screamingpoet has put her fanmix for FM up. What song (doesn't have to be one from the mix) in your mind best fits them (in anyway, angst, fluff, love)?

let me know if any one wants to discuss the spoilers from the front page?

And we only have like 2 more wednesdays before season 3 starts.

12. iluvroadrunner

Lynn, my dear, how did you know? :lol:

song best fits FM Radio? it's a tie for me between "I Turned the Corner" from Thoroughly Modern Millie and "A Heart Full of Love" from Les Miserables. (can you tell i'm a broadway fan?)

"I Turned the Corner" because it's basically about realizing that what you always wanted was right in front of you all along, and erasing the past to just start over again. which, considering all the drama that i've heard being planned for s3 makes me think that may be the best idea for them.

"A Heart Full of Love" is basically for the Cosette/Marius reference i made for them before. and it's a pretty song.

13. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Sorry screamingpoet I forgot to thank you for putting your fanmix up and together. And to everyone that helped her.

I haven't had enough to time to give it a serious listen but a couple of them jumped out at me. (Imogen Heap "goodnight & go" & Regina Spektor "Samson")

Ok Because it's friday and I'm really feeling the randomness today.

If you could put them in other TV, film or book what story would it be? (pride & prejudice, the little mermaid :lol:) Go as crazy as you want!

14. screamingpoet

They would be Flack and Lindsay put into these roles in tv/film/book, right? I would so love to see Lindsay as Elizabeth Bennet, but for some reason I really can't see Flack as Mr. Darcy. I mean, Darcy's supposed to be proud, right? (Personally, I think he's just shy; remember what he told Elizabeth, how he doesn't possess the talent to converse easily with people he doesn't know?)

Okay. I have it. Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights. Only...Flack and Lindsay style. I really loved that movie, no matter how much my friends say they hated it. The music was great, the dancing was awesome and hot and amazing. Plus, Sela Ward was in it, and Diego Luna too! Although you really can't place Sela Ward and Diego Luna in the same class; Sela clearly goes above Diego. I have most of the music from that movie. Okay. See this pic here. And you'll know why they should dance like Javier and Katie.

15. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

ok So who is going to write the first labor day fic? Or the first fall season fic for our favorite couple that should have a fic for every season & every holiday? ;)

Because I know one of you wants to. You just needed me to say it.

FYI: have been reading some spoilers and at least looks like these will at least be working on some of the same cases. (I have been trying to stay away but even reading just stuff from the first page is spoiling me, I think)