Tennis

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI3Snickers, Apr 2, 2006.

1. CSIgrad

CSIgrad Lab Technician

saw the agassi match yesterday, it was really good...though i dont expect to go far in this tournament...

all these rain delay, the forecast said it's going to rain this weekend, i certainly hope not because i have tickets to the US OPEN this weekend

2. Joy22

Joy22 Pathologist

I hope you have a lot of fun this weekend! :D And I also hope that the weather will not be like it was yesterday, they didn't play at al, it was rain, rain and another round of rain. It's the US Open right? Not Wimbledon? :lol:

3. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

Yeah, I certainly hope for you there will be no rain! That happened to me last year, in Montreal: I was there for the quarterfinal, Agassi was playing, and the game was delayed until the next day because of the rain! And I didn't have a ticket for the next day... Let me tell you I was very, very disappointed! Good luck to you! :D

4. CSIgrad

CSIgrad Lab Technician

thanks guys...i just read the rain delay policy, they said something like if not one match is completed or less than 90 mins of tennis were played, then you can exchange your tickets for a later date or next year, considering if there are tickets available...otherwise it's considered a session and no exchange of any sort

cant wait for the agassi match tomorrow, it could really be his last tennis match of his career

5. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

I love Tennis!!

it is one of my 3 fave sports to watch :D

and I some times play, I'm terrible at it :lol: but I love it, it is fun :D

and I am so glad that Andre Agassi is just wining!! I love him, he is the best :D

6. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

I'm very bad at tennis, I couldn't hit a ball to save my life! :lol: But I love watching it, and hockey.

As for Agassi, I'm very glad he won yesterday (don't like Baghdatis much...). I've never seen Benjamin Becker play, so I don't know what kind of match we'll have. Anyone care to speculate?

7. Joy22

Joy22 Pathologist

I've never seen Benjamin play either so I wouldn't know what to expect. I guess I give Agassi the advantage because he knows what's it like to play on the big courts unlike the German but the guy did defeat Grosjean in straight sets so he must know how to play tennis. I think Agassi wins though, if his body holds up.
    I'm looking forward to Nalbandian-Safin tonight, I'm a bit torned about who should win. David is my favorite player but Marat really needs a good result, it's gonna be a difficult match for me. Although, in the end I always cheer for David, I can't stand to see him loose. It's a flaw I have :lol:

8. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

It reminds me of a match between Agassi and Philippoussis, who I liked a lot. I discovered the guy in Toronto, in 1996, and he was playing with Rafter... So much hottness in this team!!! I took pics and had one of them autographed by Mark the next year. Very nice guy! :) And he still looks so good...

OK, going back to the Agassi-Philippoussis match, my favourite has always been Agassi, but I couldn't decide which one I wanted to win... So, I understand you! :D

9. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

I can't believe I've nearly missed the whole US Open this year ! The first match I saw was the quarter final Nadal-Youznhy, and as a big fan of Rafa I was disappointed. But Youzhny did a great match, actually I've never seen him play this way (he has a splendid backhand...never noticed before). So there won't be a third grand slam final between Federer and Nadal. My guess is a final Fedex-Roddick, com' on Andy !

As for the women, I'll root for Amélie (of course !) against Sharapova, and Justine against Jankovic.

10. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

I nearly stopped watching after Agassi lost in the 3rd round, but if the final is between Federer & Roddick, I'm sorry, but I'll root for Roger...

As for the women, though, I'll root with you! It can be quite a match between Amélie and Justine!

11. Joy22

Joy22 Pathologist

I just wanted to spice this thread up by cheering for Argentina and Russia who made the Davis Cup final. YAY!!! Both my boys did very well. David for Argentina and Marat when he beat Roddick. Also, way to go Tursunov, a win like that is always special. I kinda have a soft spot for him since he started his blog over at atptennis.com but I'm guessing I'm not the only one.
    I can't wait for the final, Safin-Nalbandian is a real possibility but this time I want my David to win! Even though I love Marat.

12. rachaelm

rachaelm Witness

sorry about the previous thread. didn't realise this existed. well done roddick though almost winning on clay! great comeback

13. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

When you say 'almost winning on clay', you mean when he played the Davis Cup against Russia ? I can't believe he lost 15-17 in the fifth set !
    Anyway I'm not sure clay is his best surface (it's mine!).
    Nevertheless, Roddick is one of my fav' player on the tour.

14. rachaelm

rachaelm Witness

yeah i did mean in the davis cup. clay's his worst surface so :) yeah roddicks my favourite :lol: :D

15. Joy22

Joy22 Pathologist

I was bummed too that Roddick lost because I wanted the USA to win. Not because of Andy though, cute as he is. If the USA had won then Argentina would have played their final at home on gravel and that would have given my boys the adventage. :lol: I believe that Nalbandian can play on any surface but I'm not so sure about his back-up team. We'll see who wins the final though. I'm still hoping David pulls if off but against Russia his changes are not that great. Marat has always been one he fears.
    And in case you were wondering, yes Nalbandian is my favorite, crazy as it sounds. I think I'm his only fan on the planet. :lol: