'CSI' Night And Swing Shifts To Reunite During Season 6

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 21, 2005.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font color=yellow>Nina Tassler's</font> participation in the TCA Summer Press Tour came with big revelations pertaining to CSI's new season.

According to Tassler, fans will see a reunion of the night and swing shifts some time during season 6, after the two groups remained separated throughout the majority of season 5. The producers decided to split the team to add spice to the series, but the fans didn't take warmly to their decision.

Grissom was last in charge of the whole team in the episode "Mea Culpa," where a human error resulted in the famous split. Catherine now runs the swing shift, which includes Nick and Warrick, while Grissom runs the night shift, consisting of Sara, Greg, and Sofia. Grissom finally requested his team back after the gut-wrenching events of "Grave Danger."

Season six will also see a semi-new addition to the show. Actress <font color=yellow>Louise Lombard</font>, who played recurring character Sofia Curtis last season, will join the cast, Tassler announced.

Sofia Curtis was introduced in the season five episode "Formalities," where she was revealed to be Conrad Ecklie's right hand woman. The CSI was later demoted and placed in Grissom's team due to the events of "Mea Culpa." Displeased by her demotion, Sofia tendered her resignation in the episode "Unbearable," but a late-night dinner with Grissom made her change her mind.

The show's studios will also see a change in location. As was previously reported (news), the set of the popular series has been moved from the Santa Clarita Studios to Universal Studios in Hollywood this summer. This has caused a slight delay in the production of the new season. While Miami and New York have already begun shooting, the actors of CSI are not expected to return until August 1st. However, this does not mean the new season will start later than usual.

Poster <font color=yellow>SinceIMetYou</font>, from YTDAW, recently took the Universal Studios tour, where the reasoning for the delay was easily appreciated. "The place was a MESS... it looked like they just started building the sets and all. I took video, and after looking closely at it, you can see that hardly anything is set up yet... there were a bunch of wooden framed areas and it looked like they were doing construction."

Various actors of the CSI franchise also attended the CBS press party, where they took the opportunity to discuss their respective shows and in some cases their personal lives. Actor <font color=yellow>George Eads</font> talked briefly about his girlfriend <font color=yellow>Monika Casey</font>, who he's been living with for four months now. But the actor revealed he won't be walking down the aisle any time soon due to personal experiences. "Both of our parents divorced when we were 20," he said.

Head over to Mercury News to learn about CSI's changes. USA Today covered Eads's appearance at the press party.<center></center>

2. SaraSidles

SaraSidles Dead on Arrival

This CSI Files article has two misquotes.

1) Regarding Louise Lombard: She is not to join the show pemanently. Tassler said this in The Mercury News:
    2) Regarding George Eads: He has lived with Monica four months, not two. See the original source USA TODAY:

3. grissoms_candy

grissoms_candy Victim

i am soooooooo happy the team is getting back together! i hated them being apart. this is like a dream come true!!!!!

4. PonchoLives

PonchoLives Lab Technician

Whew! I like that better. That would have meant there'd be 7 regular CSIs. How do they expect to get any character development done that way? I'm still wondering if Nick's going to be regulated to lab duty for a while....

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Yay the team will get back together! thank god :D

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Sorry, I never took to her..I didn't like her the first season, was hoping she was off for good. We've got enough people..what are they going to get five lines each or something, or six lines.

And as for the producers trying to add spice by splitting the team, well that turned out to be a lead balloon.

So some good news and some bad news.

7. FoxRox

FoxRox CSI Level Two

Exactly.

-Reunion :D
    -Sofia returning. :(

8. megbing

megbing Police Officer

Yay! I'm so happy they are getting back together! I can't wait for the next season. I'm sooo excited! :D

9. lament

lament Captain

Yay about the team getting back together. But meh about Sofia. If they keep adding castmembers, the credits will be longer than the show.

10. CSI_mania

CSI_mania Pathologist

I'm really happy the team will get back together

but sofia :( :( :( :(

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't remember Sofia in the first season. You're not getting her mixed up with Terry are you? I've noticed a lot of people have because they do look similar.