TV Show Nominations

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: TV Show Emmy Nominations

During the actual show, the awards CSI was up for come under the *Creative Arts* they won one of three awards and that award is

Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Gum Drops

As to the regulars, The Emmys went to: Click Here

By the way I loved the tribute to Dick Clark, and the fact that he came out to speak, considering his stroke I would say he did an excellent job and he still looks so young for 76 yrs old (will be 77 in November).

2. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

Destiny, I loved the tribute to Dick Clark too. Thanks for the link.

Also liked Mr Peterson presenting. Great Job!

3. Destiny

You're welcome and now the tribute to Aaron Spelling is touching. Heather, Joan, Stephen, Jackie, Farrah & Kate, all did an excellent job.

I am surprised by several of the winners, and geez Mariska Hargitay looked great she gave birth in June, Christopher Meloni was funny in that skit for how to accept awards faster.

Congrads to Tony "Monk" Shalhoub "Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series" still going strong and still winning awards. -- I have to admit at first I thought Emmy's ugg, boring, but this isn't to bad, pretty funny from the writer who won and gave the "No thanks to you" speech" :) to the song and dance number by Conan.

4. CSI3Snickers

CSI3Snickers Pathologist

It's great that all (or most) of the shows/actors I wanted to win won.

Kiefer Sutherland, baby.

And 24 is VERY deserving. Kudos to the Academy for finally giving awards to deserving shows. Well for drama series. :lol:

And who else was surprised when Julia-Louis Dreyfus won for Lead Actress in a Coedy Series? I love her, but I didn't expect it. Her speech was funny.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm glad 24 is kicking Grey's Anatomy's aXX!!!

6. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

Me too. I'm in an evil mood today.
    My head hurts like hell and I can't sleep

7. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

I like Chris Meloni, I'm on the west coast and I didn't watch the Emmy's I have only now tuned in... so CSI won for Best Cinematography, cool! I loved 'Gum Drops' I'm glad it won!!

but too bad no one I liked was there, If I voted for the nominees and the winners it would look like this:

Best Drama: CSI:LV

Best comedy: Psych

Best Actor in a Drama Series: George Eads

Best Actress: Jorja Fox

Best Musical score: CSI::LV 'Who Are You'

Best effects: Smallville

and whatever else comes along later!

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Kiefer <3 :lol:

It would have been aired here at 3am on Showtime but erm... I think I watch some rerun during the DAY :lol:

bit amazed that House didn't win... ah well... not whining :D

9. ebuzz55

ebuzz55 Pathologist

Loved the piece Conan did at the beginning when he walked into House, also the tribute to Dick Clark and seeing Donald and Keifer in the same room. ;)

And Billy... rowrrr. To quote Christopher Walken, wowie wow wow. :p

10. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

That's a lot of testosterone. :lol:

11. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

That's a lot of testosterone. :lol:

[/QUOTE]
    I like that they associated Gil with testosterone in their introduction - cause he's so bookish...but with an abundance testosterone.

12. Destiny

Mariska Hargitay of SVU won for lead female actress in a drama, she was up against another fav Kyra Sedgwick of the closer.

On the red carpet Kyra was with her husband Kevin Bacon and it was mentioned that they have been married for almost 19yrs. (Sept 4, 1988) and have 2 kids.

My father who watches the closer says he has trouble at times understanding her southeren accent, but when she spoke on the red carpet he said, ahh see I can fully understand her now. :lol:

Again I can't say how much I admire Mariska having a baby in June, and looking that good. Alot of people I know who seen the show said, "I should be so lucky to look like that" cause they had given birth around or just before her. :)

I loved the strength that Dick Clark showed and his sense of humor it was so encouraging to see that, he deserved that standing ovation, and so much more, and to the critics that thought he shouldn't be in public till he is better :p shame on them. (course that part was shortly after his stroke and he did the new years eve show) but still I am sure they will say something negative about this to and hey what can you say about the jealousy of others.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Ho-Hum- boring- sorry- :( I can't stand Conan-he to me is not funny, and not interesting-and was way off kilter-- however-Ellen last year was so much superior in my opinion--- but the Bob Newhart segment was funny- his expressions- :lol: and the tribute to Dick Clark, made me cry- he look's good, but his slurred speech-so sad :(he'll never be the same)- and the tribute to Arron Spelling- good- the 3 '"Charlies Angles" Farah- not as pretty as she used to be and Kate- face-lift- :rolleyes: and Jaclyn still look's the same- ;) I was happy for Mariska, and she looked so good- like Destiny said- just had a baby and after all these years on "L&O" a award well deserved-- and Julia-Louis Dryfus-she's hiliarious-funny show-- but could have cared less about the rest- except WP- he's just a charming man- no doubt- so quick his appearance-I just don't watch any of those shows bascially- a few but most not- I was irritated by the fact that CSI is the #1 show and didn't get diddly-squat-- :mad:

[​IMG]

14. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

Anyone know what Helen Mirren won an award for. I've not seen it, i just saw a clip on the news.

15. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

For the mini series she was in. I can't remember the name. I watched the show tonight, just because nothing much else was. I wasn't very impressed with the winners, but then again I thought the nominations were rubbish. I think the SAG and People Choice are better, who the hell picks these thing anyway? Some kind of commity? Who are they to say what deserves recognition and what doesn't?

On a brighter note, Katherine Hiegl (Izzy from Grey's) looked absolutely gorgeous.