Speed Therapy #5: 'Understanding The Full Speed Effect'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:lol: We should start a drinking game. Everytime Speed wears a dress shirt, (Or says a Speedism) we take a swig....Only later would we realize he wears a dress shirt for almost an entire season and a half so we'd pass out before the next episode. :p

Yes, thong-term effects. And I almost wrote 'Speedo' this time instead of 'Speed'. :lol: Something is wrong with me today!

2. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Miami is the best CSI to play a drinking game to. Horatio puts on his glasses = drink! Horatio stands with hands on hips = drink! Eric gets wet = Drink! Speedism = drink! Calleigh in the firing range = drink!

We also have a drink everytime Speed ends up with a lousy task in the lab, Eric mentions a girlfriend...:lol:

Thank you for planting the idea of Rory in a speedo in my head. I need to go lie down now...

3. Finch

:lol: I'm sorry. Maybe when Speed comes back, he'll have to go swimming for some odd reason. :devil:

...You know, either that or the writers can try not to screw over the episode where he returns. :lol: :p ...It's a good thing I'm not writing it. All these (accidental) spelling errors. :rolleyes:

4. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

It's the Speed, it affects your brain. *nods*

And Speed in a wetsuit... I'll have some of that, please!

5. Finch

:lol: He could take over Eric's job, since Eric has become the resident stubbly wubbly dress shirt-wearing...Dude.

Okay no, Speed has to take that title back. :p

6. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Speed is the only one that can carry that title...Delko doesn't even come close.

[​IMG]

now who can argue with a body like that huh? *faints*

7. csimiami_happy

csimiami_happy Pathologist

I prefer Eric clean shaven, so I whole-heartedly endorse Speed as the reigning king of dress-shirt wearing stubbly wubbly. It just looks so right on Speedle.

I had a bad day at work today, but after work I was looking at the new magazines and one had an ad for CSI:Miami airing on A&E weekdays....and it has a cast shot with Speed!!!! I am considering buying that mag just for the promo. It's the lil things that amuse me :lol:

8. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

you're not wrong there he just looks so hot with that dress shirt thing and that stubble. :eek:

[​IMG]

9. Finch

Oh, when you get that magazine, perhaps you can share the pretty promo picture with us. :p

I'm excited for the new 'Five Nights a Week' thing that Miami has going on A&E. It's especially great because it's a marathon on Labour day - I think- and it's season one! And then there will be season two! And I won't even think about season three at the moment, but we get our Speedy back on A&E. Hee. :)

Excellent pictures calleighspeedle, I loved the one you posted from 'Bait'. Oh my stars it's a black dress shirt. :eek: ...I could stare at that picture for weeks.

10. Azza4Speed

Azza4Speed Police Officer

:lol: Miami Drinking game :lol: That reminds me of the 24 drinking game I read about today:

The Dude who plays Jack heard about a game uni-students play where they take a drink every time he says 'Damn it!' so he goes to the writers, and changes the script so he says it 14 times in one episode. :lol: good times.

Rory in a thong? Oooo... Wow, I dont know if Oz is ready for that... :lol: But here, we call 'em G-Strings. Makes for a lot of akward flip-flop buying when Aussies go to America/England. :D

11. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

haha yeah, here thongs are shoes (or flip-flops as Azza called them (haha, flip-flops sounds funny :lol:))
    And Azza, did you see, Miami isn't on next week...looks like they're bringing back Blockbuster Sunday. I swear, they had better not, and it had better only be next week or else EM is gonna get it *shakes fist*

Actually, I did have a Miami drinking game on my computer, but it was for new episodes, so it didn't hve anything to do with Speed in it...I actually tried it once with water, where I used a shot glass full of water as a drink, and I had finished a huge glass of water in the first 4 minutes :lol:

12. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Speed pic anyone? :D

[​IMG]

13. Finch

Excellent picture calleighspeedle, thank you for sharing. :)

I love how that's a dress shirt, but it's not a dress shirt. :p I don't know why I find that amusing, but my way of thinking is a little off so...Suffice it to say I'm weird.

And is it just me or are those pink shades so AWESOME? :D

14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Ooooooohhhh. I love that picture. And his shirt *is* awsome. The shades too.

15. Finch

The shades are the highlight of any picture Speed's in. Hee.

And when he comes back, he had better be wearing those shades. :p (Since this is, the therapy thread of course)

And since it's the therapy thread, I wanted to ask you lovely people a few questions to get this thread movin' and breathing again. ;) They may seem like dumb questions, but it might get this thread moving.

-If Speed ever came back, who would you want him to interact with first? (Horatio, Calleigh, Eric, Alexx, Tripp, Ryan)

My choice would be Calleigh. And not because of any shippery - That can be left in the appropriate forum - But because the one person I'd want to see Speed first would have to be someone with a soft heart. (It would make sense. Most people wouldn't believe their friend just came back from the proverbial dead.) And, all assuming Speed didn't die, but he was part of some bigger plan yada yada yada. So Calleigh would be the one I'd want him to interact with first. *shrugs* It might not make sense right now, but at least it gets the ball rolling.

-How would you bring Speed back? (Try not to make it too complicated here, and this really should have been the first question. - Even if it's been asked before, we might all have different ideas, and a variation on what we had previously thought since this question was asked a few threads go, if at all.)

Well, I'd have it part of the FBI's plan to catch terrorists hiding in the US. They hide in Miami because they're so close to the ports, and countries like Cuba where they can make exchanges of questionable legality. And in this particular episode, the FBI needs a CSI to process the scenes for them - to find the terrorists, and they need and informant who has ties to the streets. A.K.A, Speedle.

Now the death thing can be easily explained. I mean, look at the Miami producers and makeup team. They pulled it off and it wasn't real. The same goes for this. (Don't ask me to get specific. I only just thought of this now) And you see, Horatio's in on it which is why Speed talks to Calleigh first. He can't blow his cover, but he needs her help because these bad guys are too powerful for the FBI to take down, and of course the Miami super team can help. (As always)

And then TADA! Calleigh discovers he's alive, but can't tell anyone but then decides to tell Eric because they're close friends. So this will span over a few episodes, and then BAM! Sweeps rolls around and everyone knows Speed's alive. POOF! Episode created. The writers can fill in the rest. (Overactive imagination huh?) So that's my way of bringing him back if the occasion called for it. (Yeah I know I'm crazy)

So there's the questions, and hopefully it gets the ball rolling in here because this place is deader than barn with a gas-ee horse. Maybe it'll start up a discussion in here. And hey, if it doesn't I at least tried. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.