Danny/Lindsay poll

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by cSiNyFrEaK30, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

I think there is zero chemistry between Danny and Lindsay, and it would be in the show's best interest to fire close to all their writers and spend the saved money on a time machine to reverse the mistakes they made throughout the entire last season.

2. Celefinwe

Celefinwe Pathologist

I just saw All Access. Yeah, the interrogation scene was painful. And Danny trying to comfort Lindsay was totally unbelievable. I still have nightmares about Lindsay's outburst * shudders *

3. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

YES, that's what I voted. Danny and Lindsay totally have chemistry and I think that they fit each other.
    It's like he brings a quality to her which she hasn't got, and she brings a quality to him that he hasn't. Hard to explain. Anyway, I can't wait for next season.
    It seems like the dislikers are in the minority here...

4. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Oh yeah, ditto there. It would only get worse on the next episode. I watched Anna on her Law and Order SVU guesting as a victim and it was good. As an agressive interrogator... er -- not too much.

It kinda ruined the kinkapoodle humor + bad cop demeanor of Danny before her outburst.

Back to the topic -- I agree with Top. The producers made it a point to have a D/L scene in every friggin' episode. Carmine even said that there is supposed to be an 'initmate' moment between them. WTF was that about?

5. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

I voted YES!!! I don't see how people can say they have no chemistry. there's loads of chemistry: COTP, Cool Hunter, SOY, Zoo York, COD, Fair game, Manhattan Manhunt etc... They make an adorable couple and i think they should get together and judging by the spoilers i've read i think there's a distinct possibility that they will. If they don't i'd be happy if Mac and Stella got together of Flack and Stella.

Also, i don't mean to be nasty to the DNA and Flack/Aiden shippers. But, she's dead so there's no chance of that happening. I mean no offence, i'm just expressing an opinion. So sorry, if i offend anyone, totally unintentional.

Anywayz, peace out
    Soph x

6. audrina

audrina Police Officer

I could definitely see Flack and Stella. Their interaction was the only part of All Access I liked. Flack was so kind without being unprofessional, and they def had chemistry.

7. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

I used to be all for Mac/Stella, but I'd prefer if that relationship would be holded back a little bit. The characters function so good together that I don't want a relationship to spice things up between them. But I do hope that they'll end up together somehow in the future.
    I think that Danny/Lindsay is better to explore right now, since they don't have the past that Mac and Stella do.

About Anna Belknap's acting, there is nothing wrong with it compared to what we see on all CSI shows. I even find her better and more convincing than Emily Procter and Vanessa Ferlito. I know that this is not the place to discuss this, but some people have already.

8. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

Yeah, I saw her in Medical Investigations, and I liked her there. Which is why it's strange that I couldn't warm up to her here.

And to the person who said she's better than Emily Procter, I beg to differ. Emily is convincing as Calleigh, you can't look at her and see that she's acting.

9. afrikana

afrikana Pathologist

:mad: HELL NO! for the danny/lindsay pairing!!!

WHERE IS THE DANNY/FLACK OPTION?!?! :( *sulks*
    anyways i voted for hawkesOC coz lord knows that man needs some lovin'!

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I always find it interesting that different people view the same scenes in such different ways. Some see chemistry, some don't. *shrug* In any case, I might have been able to interpret chemistry between the characters if I felt that things had been done correctly, but the writing and constant in-your-face thing has soured the possibility for me. I'm not jealous of Lindsay's relationship with Danny, I'm not bitter that Lindsay replaced Aiden, etc.--I just don't like this relationship all on its own. I don't like what it can and will do to the show and the characters, and I don't like what it's done to the fans, if this site is any indication. NY is the first show I've ever shipped for, but it amazes me how shipping can divide fans so violently and pit people against each other who otherwise would have been friendly with one another.

I think the margin is closer now that it was last time I checked however many days ago. I'm still sort of surprised that so many people seem to like the ship when I don't get that impression from the board itself (you really only hear the opinions of the fans who are very pro-D/L and that's clearly not the whole story). But I think 60%-yes and 30%-no doesn't seem so great for the show, if that makes sense. 30% is still a big chunk of fans. And how much of that 60% would absolutely stop watching NY if the relationship didn't happen (or didn't happen the way people anticipate)? I've heard a number of people opposed to this relationship say they'd stop watching if the show became more romantic. And how many fans of the ship could be upset if the writers don't portray the relationship the way they want it? The poll only asks two questions and there are so many places between yes and no and so many reasons why that such a simple and straightforward question can't accurately measure how fans feel. It just seems like an unbalanced situation right now. You can't please everyone, I know that, but I just really don't think this romantic turn NY is taking is for the betterment of the show. *shrug* Having seen the mixture of positive and negative reactions for similar situations on other shows (including the other two CSIs), you'd think the writers would rather stabilize the cast and cement personalities and non-romantic relationships before trying to hook the characters up with one another.

But I also find it very interesting that so many people who voted yes for the first part didn't vote for D/L in the second question. That's interesting. I wish more people who voted had posted as well so we'd have a better idea of why they made the choices they did.

In the end, though, there have only been about 100 votes for the poll, which isn't even a large portion of the members of this message board, and I've been informed (countless times it seems) that this message board isn't necessarily a representative sample of the general viewing audience for NY. So I think we'll have to wait and see how the writers end up portraying this relationship (or not, as the case may or may not be) and how the show's inclusion of inter-office romance affects the number of viewers. Popularity doesn't always equal quality, but it does help us know what to expect in the future. Good or bad.

11. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Seconded on the Emily/Calleigh thing - she's my favourite CSI female by an absolute mile. She just oozes natural charm and chemistry, which is probably why she's been shipped with just about the entire cast, past and present.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

The one pairing that I'd like to see that wasn't listed was Flack and Stella. We can't have Danny/Flack and I did think there were some moments between Flack and Stella during All Access that could be expanded upon.

I think Danny and Lindsay could work, but Anna's acting bothers me. Not to say that I could do it better, but she just seems kind of stiff sometimes. I don't know if that's the way the writers want her or it's just that she's still finding the character but except for a few occasions like when she was so upset about Stella, her character feels just sort of flat to me. But I haven't seen her in anything else so it's hard to guage her performance as Lindsay. I get the feeling that Lindsay has something in her past similar to what Stella went through, like maybe she was raped or someone close to her was. Well, it will be interesting to see what TPTB come up with.

13. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Why can't we have Danny/Flack?? I see nothing wrong with it.

There is NO way that Anna is more convincing playing Lindsay than Emily is at playing Calleigh. I'd just love to see Calleigh be transferred to NY (they can send Lindsay wherever they want). I guarantee Calleigh would have chemistry with every single person on that show AND have Danny following her around like a little puppy.

IMO, I just do not see the chemistry between Danny and Lindsay. I never have and unless the writers make some drastic changes, probably never will.

Also, IMO, I think TPTB have hyped up this Danny/Lindsay pairing way more than what it will actually be. If Mac is getting a love interest in the first 3 or 4 eps then I don't see them doing the same thing with Danny and Lindsay. That's just overkill. This show is supposed to be about crime solving. I like getting bits and pieces of background info on the characters but I don't wanna see ANY of them hooked up with each other. Even my favorite Danny and Flack. If TPTB feel they have to put any of the characters in a relationship, then make it someone we only hear of and never see. On Miami, Speed had a "sometimes" girlfriend named Pam and there was mentions of her but we never saw her.

14. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Pam! *lol* We barely see Tina with Warrick either, or any of Eric's girlfriends. Yet we've seen Hank, and Catherine's various failed relationships, Hagen, and Frankie. Weird much?

15. Caramelchan

Caramelchan Police Officer

We don't see Eric's girlfriends because wed see a new one almost every week! hehe
    Anyway... the poll... I'm a die-hard Mac/Stella so I obviously chose them in question two. Question one, I voted as Indecicive because I do see some chemestry between Danny and Linsay but it doesn't interest me that much. I wouldn't stop watching if it happened and I think it would probably add something else to the show without ruining it.