CSI: Senses

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Aug 15, 2006.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

With several CSI-themed board and computer games already on the market, the latest offering, CSI: Senses, has several elements that distinguish it from its predecessors, the most notable being that the six cases it features are penned by CSI: Crime Scene Investigation creator <font color=yellow>Antony E. Zuiker</font>. The mini UV lights, bag of plastic bugs and game piece figurines of each of the CSIs also indicate this isn't your average tie-in game.

Though at first glance the components of the game, which also include five different decks of Challenge cards, six sets of Evidence cards and six solve cards might seem intimidating in number, once set up the game is accessible and moves along quickly. Perhaps the most promising initial sign of this is the size of the rule booklet, which is only four pages long. Once the board is set up with the cards in the proper slots and the bugs in their green bag (more on that later), the game gets going quickly.

The first step is to choose which of the eight CSIs you want to play as. The game is designed for two to four players, but players can team up if there are more than four people present. The next step is to choose one of the six cases to solve. Each case comes folded up, with a picture of the crime scene on the outside. All players will get sixty seconds to study the picture before opening the card to answer a question specific to the CSI they've chosen to play as. A correct answer puts you on the shorter path for the duration of the game, with only six squares between each department, while a wrong answer sends you down the longer square path. Don't despair if you end up on the longer path--true to Las Vegas, much of your luck will depend on the role of the die.

<HR ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="45%" COLOR="#007BB5">

To read the full reviews, please click here.<center></center>

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Maybe the link at Specialty Board Games is a little off. The game it took me too is just another edition of the first board game that came out - just with new crimes to solve I think. Maybe I'll check back after the 21st to see if the 'Senses' game is listed. (My 10-yr-old daughter and I just played last night. She only beat me 'cause she had a card to go to Grissom's office without having to roll!) :mad:

3. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

Well, according to the game description, it sounds like fun!

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I agree, it does sound like fun. It's a very interesting concept, much like 'Cranium'. I can't wait to buy it. :)

5. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Thanks for the link allieluv_csi :D

Now I know what to look for when I get to Walmart one of these days. :) -Of course I'd have to look when it actually comes out and knowing Canada... :rolleyes:

7. nix586141

nix586141 Hit and Run

IT COMES OUT TOMORROW!!! :) ummm for sure i'll be at target/wallmart/wherever i can find it....

~nix

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I was excited to get the game but there is one major flaw. When your done with the six case files that it. You can't play the game because you know all the final answers.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I believe booster packs are planned to combat just that problem! :)