Stargate

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, Mar 30, 2005.

1. lament

lament Captain

I actually like the beard! :lol: It's kind of hot. And I love Ben Browder's new character. I'm really excited for this season!

2. kasey1964

kasey1964 Prime Suspect

So am I. It's been a while since I've been excited about Stargate. Daniel still looks fab. I just hate facial hair. But then I considered it a sad day when Daniel cut his hair. Oh well. Can't wait for the next episode. I love Daniel's reactions to Vala. :D

Kasey

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Oo... I was wondering when they start the new season. Grr, I'm still stuck in season 7, episode 14 or something. I'd really like to see seasons in order.

4. kasey1964

kasey1964 Prime Suspect

Where are you from? I know new Stargates start in July in the USA and Canada. I think in England, new episodes start in September and the whole season plays completely. In the US Stargate breaks off in October at the midpoint and continues in January. Because of that, England sees the second half of the season before we do, which is so frustrating. From yesterday's episode, it looks like Stargate is going to be a nice surprise. Hope I didn't confuse you. I tend to ramble.

Kasey :)

5. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

You know what makes me angry? That Stargate Atlantis is at 8pm here. I missed it last night! :( I was thinking it was at 9pm. :( At least it's on next week. :D

6. Ducky

I live in Finland and channel that showed Stargåte decided after season 5 that they quit it. BASTARDS! I actually realised that I was on season 6 :lol: My friend has those DVDs so I always borrow those. They treated Stargåte badly before they decided to quit. They could show three episodes and then show something else for 2-3 months, then a few episodes again. Can you believe, we saw season 5 LAST FALL!?

7. IvoryRaven

IvoryRaven Police Officer

:eek: I thought I was the only one that preferred Daniel with the long[er] hair! For some reason I think his face looks too big with the short hair. :p

I'm trying to prevent myself from watching the new episodes because I've only really started watching season 4 (I tape the reruns every weekday) and I have a feeling that I'd be pretty much clueless. The whole Ascension thing.. I think I understand it now after reading tons on the internet, but it might be kind of confusing seeing/hearing references to it.. or anything that happened beyong season 4, actually. Plus, Jack's gone. :( But at least Danny's still there! :D

8. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

I feel the same. I really liked him with long hair, he looked adorable!

9. Mougie

Mougie Prime Suspect

It was a good episode. I thought the Farscape references were hilarious!!! When Daniel and Cameron were standing side by side and Vala said something to the effect that earth seemed to have a limited gene pool,I just shook my head. I'm sorry,but I don't see where Michael Shanks and Ben Browder look alike.

10. kasey1964

kasey1964 Prime Suspect

Sci Fi is starting to rerun Season 1 episodes. I like them because we see Daniel the way I loved him. Long haired, slender in baggy clothes,enthusiastic,passionate ,a bit naive and innocent.(CSI's Nick reminds me so much of Daniel.) Season 9 seems to be good for Daniel because he's getting some of that enthusiasm and curiosity back.

The Sci-Fi Monday Marathon starts off with the sad note of the wrenching Meridian. The rest is a non Daniel season 5 episody and then the Season 6 which I hate.

Kasey

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Favorite episode: 1969
    Favorite character: Sam

12. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

My favorite character has also always been Sam, Daniel second. I like the humor we get from Jack but he uses it a little too much and he knows too little to be the rank he is.

13. Ducky

Jack and Daniel of course :D

14. IvoryRaven

IvoryRaven Police Officer

Together, or apart? :devil:

Ahem, anyways, for me it's Daniel. Always has been, and always will be, although I loved him best in the movie and first season. And, of course, Whumped!Daniel is my absolute fave. :p

15. Ducky

:lol: Apart
    I've just loved RDA ever since MacGyver *loves*

I have to say...I watched "Stargåte" movie again but for some reason I skip all parts where is no Daniel. James Spader is so..damn hot. Of course Michael Shanks ain't bad either :D