Who do you think SARA should be with??

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Sidle_my_Idol, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

Lol.....risky investment..you can't put all eggs in one basket, right? :devil: :devil:

2. TTHipFreak

TTHipFreak Coroner

I'll risk it! :D

3. greglover14

greglover14 Pathologist

I don't even like eggs. Food for thought. :D

4. SLynn

SLynn Lab Technician

Hey, this sounds like a workable arrangement....because you know, Greg gets Thursday which is CSI night. All Sandle episodes, all the time! :p

5. TTHipFreak

TTHipFreak Coroner

It must have been a typo, SLynn. :D

6. Leannethemouse

Leannethemouse CSI Level Three

ooh you lot are so mean to each other, but I still agree that Gil should get more time with her

7. FoxRox

FoxRox CSI Level Two

But one of my main reasons for supporting Sandle and Snicker is that I don´t like the way Grissom treats Sara. I don´t think he deserves her. So then I´ll have to stay out of this thread. That´s sad. :(

Btw isn´t it up to the mods or thread starter to regulate the topic.

I like the weekday foursome idea. Though not IRL of course :lol:

8. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Hey FoxRox, i wasn't trying to regulate the topic, and I certainly wasn't trying to tell anyone what to do. Someone made a suggestion and I was supporting them, while expressing why I thought it was a good idea. I just think that positivity rather than negativity is a better way to go. No one has to agree with me. I was just expressing what I was more interested in hearing - I'd like to hear why these other guys are better candidates for Sara than Grissom - hearing what's good about them is more likely to convince me than hearing what a bad guy Grissom is (cuz I'm already painfully aware of his shortcomings and i still ship him). But by all means, you don't have to avoid this thread, and you certainly don't have to follow my suggestions. I was just expressing a preference. My opinion doesn't count any more or any less than anyone else on this thread....

9. Caderyn

Caderyn Pathologist

I think forensicsgirl has a point in focusing on the positivity. As in debate, focus on the pro instead of the con. This doesn't mean that you can't make counter arguments ever, because it is a debate, but people often focus too much on the negative that their arguments often rest on why Sara should be with A ONLY because B's not good for her. It's kinda like she should SETTLE with A. Poor A, dontcha think?

My input: Well, I voted for Nick. Why? Well, might sound lame, but for me, they have this amazing chemistry together. They were just so funny and flirty together. And Sara seemed a lot happier when she was around Nick. I dunno, I guess I prefer my ships with minimal angst. And he seemed to know how to handle her. He was the one who got her to reconsider her solitariness in "You've Got Male". And in that episode after the blast in the lab, when she pulled a gun, he just went, "You think you're indestructible now, Sara?" He showed her he cared without choking her with sympathy.

But does all this make Nick her soulmate? Not really. I actually don't know who Sara'll be best with. But if I had to choose from all the guys, it'd have to be Nick.

10. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

*drops the new HP long enough to make a post*

I'm sure I must have posted all the positive things about Nick about a bajillion posts ago, but it never hurts to repeat the pros of Snickers.

I think she should be with Nick because Nick, arguably, understands her better than any of the other guys. As Caderyn mentioned, Nick was able to point out flaws in Sara's behavior without demeaning her and causing her to feel inadequate in any way. His approach proved the most influential. As a matter of fact, Sara has always followed Nick's advice. He knows her well enough to immediately notice when she is not acting completely normal, and she trusts him on a deep enough level to heed his advice. Sara really doesn't act that way with any other character, including Grissom a majority of the time. She does admire Grissom, as she should. He's a brilliant man. But she only heeds his advice when it pertains to work, not personal issues. Now, you can bring up the DUI incident and the suspension and ask why Nick did not understand what was going on then. Well, Sara doesn't exactly broadcast her business, and I'm sure Grissom didn't run around the lab going "AHMAGAHD U WLL NVR BLIEVE WUT HPPNED ROFLMAO!" (though it would have been quite amusing to see). Actually, in the original script for VLV, Nick did ask Sara if she was "ready for this" when they started the case, so that implies he was aware that something wasn't right with her vacation time. Of course, this part was cut out, as are most N/S moments. I can only guess that this is because they think it would interfere with the GSR subtext, which is unfortunately the subtext TPTB are featuring at the moment. As far as the suspension goes, that was after the shift split, so they never saw each other. You could argue that if they were really friends they would keep in touch, but that's pretty hard to do when at least one of you is working 16 hours of the day.

Nick also doesn't make Sara doubt herself. She knows he is there for her and he has never given her a reason to doubt the strength of their friendship. They have always flirted and enjoyed one another's company. Throughout the first four seasons we saw Sara more relaxed with Nick than we saw her with any other character. In season five Sara seemed to relax a little around Greg, but that will have to continue for a while before it catches up with Nick's four seasons.

You can argue a brother/sister relationship between the two as well, but there is definitely potential for a romantic relationship between Nick and Sara just as there is for a relationship between Sara and Grissom and Sara and Greg. There is an obvious physical attraction. This was set up as early as the first half of season one. Nick and Sara also connect on an emotional level. This is supported not only by the trust between the two but also by subtle moments throughout the series. Nick is jealous of Sara's moments with other men. In Bully for You Nick played off his jealousy by calling out Sara on her flirting with Hank. Nick didn't hide his jealousy as well when he found out Grissom had given Sara a Christmas gift. He attempted to play it off as jealousy that he didn't get a gift, but I believe he was just jealous that Sara was getting attention from someone else. Nick has pointed out Sara's beauty and her good singing voice. He also turned a blind eye to Sara's weakness when she couldn't stomach a DB. He has always tried to raise her self-esteem while still keeping her in check whenever she seeemed to become overconfident. Sara obviously has feelings for Nick (whether romantic or not). In GD she showed more emotion in her few scenes than Cath and Greg combined and she rivaled Grissom's and Warrick's reactions even though they had twice as much screen time. Hopefully this emotion will be addressed in the near future. TPTB may have seemed to abandon the Snicker ship, but I hope they address it again as that is one plot hole I can't bear to overlook.

11. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Rock on ollieuan!!! That's a very persuasive arguement!

12. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

Nick was jealou? :confused:...why didn't i see it? :lol:...If he did, then he reacted much better than Grissom :lol:

13. SaraxGrissom

SaraxGrissom Rookie

(Like my name) I say Sara NEEDS to be with Grissom. They would be so good together! *sigh* I love the love between them. I keeps me coming back to watch CSI to see if they come out... maybe in season 6!

14. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

I never did see any love between Gris and Sara I see friendship him caring what happens to a former student and friend and after the Holly thing I think he worries a bit more about his people.
    I see more love between Cath and Grissom, he shares personel stuff with her, they've gone out together, he's asked her out to dinner, and to his townhouse. She was the only one who noticed he had a problem with his hearing and she's the only one he told, and she even shot a guy to protect him. He also protected her from Eddie.

15. Sidle_my_Idol

Sidle_my_Idol CSI Level Two

I understand what you're saying about Gris and Cath. They are really good friends. Cath and Brass are his only close friends as far as we know. They've always had each other's back. It might come out a 'more-than-friends' kind for some ppl including those with wishful thinking; however, I dont' see anything like that in them, but I won't deny that I think in season 2, they seemed kinda like could-be couples.

But well, I know you might/could say the same thing for Gris and Sara.
    When we say Grissom and Sara have a thing going on, it is not only based on the lovely subtle scenes shown on many episodes, but also the commentaries, articles, interviews, CSI companion(if you believe that book) from the actors, writers and producers.
    Josh Berman has said, 'I think they love each other' and David Rambo have said, "Grissom's yearning for Sara is real." (but well you might not want to believe them or find their confession not clear)
    But you see, they can't just say "Grissom and Sara definitely love each other" because even they don't have concrete plans for how they'll pursue their relationship, and also, they like to keep us all hanging for the great moments and not ruin the fun(which means we keep on watching the show for more. Sure a lot of us GSRers, who just love the individual character of Gris and Sara have wishful thinking for them getting together and we might actually exaggerate some scenes, but it doesn't mean we base our opinions and ideology on only wishful thinking. We got evidence as well as witness :D.

Ok I OOOT there...lol...anyway...just stretching my finger muscles...hehe.
    By the way, Sara should be with Grissom....
    I really don't say that enough :lol:

Hail GSR United !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.