Kill off a character

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Kal, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Kal

Kal Prime Suspect

since i missed the last kill off a character thread, and i really wanted to share this i'm posting it now. so here it is - please comment! thanks.

How could this have happened? How could he have made such a stupid mistake? He knew he shouldnt have let her go to that crime scene by herself. He should have known that that rookie policeman wouldnt know how to clear a crime scene properly. It wasnt normal for him to feel this way, but he couldnt help it. She was his everything. They had made all those plans together, now they would never happen.

When he saw her, just laying there, cold as stone, still as a statue, with that huge gouge in her head where the bullet hit her, it made him want to cry. He tried to hold back his tears, but it wouldnt work. His tears came falling down like rain over her dead body. He grabbed her hand, and noticed the ring he had given her. At least the killer hadnt taken that.

The coroner said that the killer must have tried to strangle her, due to the ligature marks on her neck. But she fought him, so he shot her. His first and only shot straight to the head. Killed her instantly. Was this supposed to be some comfort to him? Knowing that she had put up a fight? The knowledge of how his fiancé died did not comfort Nick Stokes. It only made him feel worse for letting her go to that crime scene alone.

No one at the lab wanted to investigate her death; it was too painful for them. But they somehow managed to complete the investigation anyway. Doc Robbins had it the worst, though. He was the one who had to perform her autopsy. Nick stood over her, watching Doc cut her open, and he couldnt control his tears. When she was put into the metal drawer until her family was contacted, Nick resolved then and there that her family wouldnt give her a proper burial with her mother in jail and her brother having disappeared so he would do it. After all, he had been the closest to her.

Her funeral was sad. The whole lab was there Grissom, Catherine, Warrick, Greg, Wendy, Brass, Archie, Hodges, David Phillips, Bobby Dawson, even Ecklie and Sofia showed up. Nick asked Grissom to speak, and that was the first time that he had seen Gil Grissom cry. He got all choked up and could hardly talk. When Catherine, Warrick, and Greg put their flowers onto her grave, they also cried. It was such a horrid fate for a woman who deserved so much more.

He visited her once a month, telling her about the latest cases at the lab, and how he took the ones he knew she would like. He wouldnt stay for longer than twenty minutes, and when he left, he took one last look at her headstone -

In Loving Memory of Sara Sidle
    Beloved Friend and Co-worker

2. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Awhh, it's really cute! Poor Sara, she shouldn't die.

3. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

Bravo Kal! Extremely well done! :D XX XX XX

4. Kal

Kal Prime Suspect

thanks. :)

5. margFAN17

margFAN17 Witness

I like it :D

6. stokeluver

stokeluver CSI Level One

aww! so sad... i still liked it!

7. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

that was very sad, very sad ideed, but a twist that Nick's not the one in danger this time. Very good, very very good!

8. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

Wow, that was great. Very sad, but very well written. Great job.

9. stokeluver

stokeluver CSI Level One

hey, i was thinking... you really have to right a story where everyone is alive, and post it! cause your a very nice wrighter!

10. Kal

Kal Prime Suspect

thanks. i have been working on one . . . and i've been thinking about posting it. i might do that.

thanks for all the great feedback, you guys. i appreciate it.