has watching these shows made you think...

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by feenx, Aug 17, 2006.

1. feenx

feenx Coroner

About a career in forensic? me one day i'd like to go back to school to bacome a forensic nurse, to me i think this show made me realize i can help find criminals without being a cop.

2. margFAN17

margFAN17 Witness

I am fascinated by the show. I have already made plans for my life. I think im sticking too them. I want to be a crime scene investigator. But first I'll be a police officer, since if your a police officer, you will easily be taken in for a CSI.:D

3. margFAN17

margFAN17 Witness

I'm so excited now for what is to come

4. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

The idea of finding crooks by what they leave behind has always intrigued me.

5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

yeah it definatly has. i love science. im a science nerd..ok not really. but i really love it :D and forensics interests me soo much. im only 13 so im not 100% sure but i definatly want a career that has to do with science and/or forensics :D

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I've been thinking about a career that has to do with law enforcement for a long time. Science has always interested me, and I'm always the one trying to find out what happened, or solving some sort of puzzle. CSI has re-kindled my interest, and now more than ever, I'm more passionate about how I want to lead my life.

I do realize that the show glorifies the job, and in reality there's a slim chance that the real job is like the show. But the forensics in question are what really interested me again. Finding A that leads to B, which leads to C has always fascinated me.

I'll be joining the police-cadets soon, and I'm thinking of becoming a police officer. I don't exactly want to be a scientist, but I've always wanted to see justice served, and shows like CSI:Miami that delve into the more cop-like approach to those puzzles that help put the bad guys away, makes me want to just jump right into the job. :p

So, CSI has definitely made me think about a career in forensics/police work. :)

7. thegluups

thegluups Prime Suspect

I live in an area where policemen are not very popular, and the general aproach would be to despise them. The CSI shows have definitly made me consider being a CSI, partly because it made be realise that CSIs and forensic related officers, are separate from regular patrol officers. I have always been crazy about forensic science, but wanted to be a forensic engineer. But since I started watching CSI, I reconsidered my options, and started thinking about joining the police and being a CSI, although I agree with speed_cochrane, I havbe to be careful not to forget that the show glorifies the job, and that it probably isn't like that at all.

8. jlinn

jlinn Hit and Run

yes, it has. I have even thought about becoming a CSI

9. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Yes, it has. But unfortunately I haven't had biology lessons since 9 th grade (I'm now in 13th grade) and concerning chemistry... well... I'm not good enough. :lol:
    Besides I totally agree with thegluups. I dont think that the show shows the reality... how it really works etc. It would be too easy. In the show there are too many coincidences and in my opinion in real life this job is much, much harder.

10. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I've always thought about becoming a cop. I'm seriously considering it as a career, and I'll definately look into becoming a CSI. It's a job I could get really passionate about which is important to me.

11. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I'm planning to study Laws. I love helping people and my mother says I'm good at speaking languages. So.. :)

12. H_Caine_is_love

H_Caine_is_love Dead on Arrival

i am definitely looking into a career in forensics. i dunno what exactly yet but i am interested in DNA and fingerprints. but i definitely want to go into forensics. i am making my family participate in a crime scene and leave a few clues lyk there fingerprints and i have to put fake blood on my brother. i have a kit already so it should be fun.

13. goreshi

goreshi Rookie

I was thinking of pursuing a career as a forensic nurse...but I have to pass the board first..and study again.... Next year, I'll be a 4th year nursing, and we'll choose a elective, and my choice would be "Military Nursing"...i think its cool....but dangerous...But if there would be forensic nursing as a elective, I'd choose it!!

14. feenx

feenx Coroner

omg that's what i wanna be, but rigth now i need the money so my job as a nanny is gonna be it rigth now, i read the book Forensic Nurse by Serita Stevens and i was just facinated by the things they do.

15. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

As much as I adore the shows I have to say no. I find that CSI glamourizes(sp) the whole crime investigation career, making it look like such an easy job when they reality is you spend many, many hours searching the crime scene for any possible evidence and dna & I bet interogating a suspect is much more complicated. What's really holding me back in blood and body parts. I actually have to cover my eyes everytime they're cutting up the body or showing the flashback of when the actual murder is committed. If the real life CSI career was as Hollywood like as it on television then yeah, I'd go for it but knowing what it's really like is holding me back. However, that doesn't mean I don't admire you guys for wanting to enter the crime scene field. I hope it works out succesfully for everyone :).