CSI LV: Dinner and a Movie (Swarrick)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Zan1781, Jul 9, 2006.

1. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

*jaw drops* You thought that chapter was boring, Janet!?? *shakes head* You're too hard on yourself! Too hard, indeed! :p

Who's they guy!? I bet it's the killer! Ooh, yes I do!

2. Zan1781

Zan1781 Coroner

Thanks, Cordelia. I appreciate your comment! The next chapter is written, with two different endings. I think I need to mull over which one I want to post, and then I'll post it! This story will be done by next Friday, I do believe :).

And Raven,, well, thanks :). I know who the boy is, and my lips are sealed! Although you can probably worm the entire ending out of me if you tried. Mwahah. Actually, you probably both can!

3. melbel

melbel Pathologist

thanks

4. saras_girlfriend

saras_girlfriend Coroner

please write more :)

5. Zan1781

Zan1781 Coroner

(More it is! I think there’s going to be one more chapter after this!)

---------------

Disclaimer: I do not own any part of CSI or its characters. That honor goes to the good folks over at CBS.
    Title: Solved!

---------------

Who the hell is that? Sara anxiously asked herself, pulling out her own gun, and training it on the nineteen-year old boy. And why does he have a bloody jacket? And… is Warrick trying to protect me? A tiny part of her brain wanted to know, even amidst the current crisis.

“Come on out, with your hands up!” Warrick yelled at the young man, squinting up at the window, looking for any sign that the boy was reaching for a weapon. And then a little bit more loudly, “Officer Pierce! We need some backup over here!”

“Okay, okay! I’m coming down,” the boy nervously whispered, immediately sticking his hands up in the air, attempting to let the two criminalists know that he was coming down, and that he wasn’t going to try to hurt them. “I’m going to climb down the ladder,” he called out.

“Nice and slow,” Warrick warned him, throwing a quick glance at Sara to ensure that she was actually safe. “And when you get to the bottom, put your hands up in the air again!”

“Okay,” the boy swallowed, doing as Warrick ordered him to do, and climbing down the ladder as slowly as possible. With his feet firmly planted on the ground, the boy hesitantly turned around to face Warrick and Sara, once again returning his hands to the air.

“Who the hell are you?” Warrick repeated his earlier question.

“Jimmy,” he anxiously told them, his eyes wide with fear. “Jimmy Dobson.”

“What are you doing up there, Jimmy?” Sara asked him, her eyes scanning his body for any signs of something amiss. No blood, but then again, the crime was committed last week, so there is no really no reason to find blood on your clothing now. Your face, however, she observed. What happened to your face?

“I was,” he paused to think. “I was getting something!” he informed Sara.

Warrick narrowed his eyes, glancing over his shoulder, and looking for Officer Pierce. “Are you a neighbor?” he questioned Jimmy.

“No, Sir. I’m a… friend.”

“Of whom?” Sara frowned, a little bit confused. Her kids are seven and ten years old, so who, exactly, are you friends with? Jason Conte?

Jimmy slowly shook his head from side to side, his face pale. “Lindsey Conte.”

Sara and Warrick exchanged surprised glances, as Officer Pierce finally arrived out back. “What’s going on here?” he asked, his own gun out, and his eyes frantically searching the backyard.

“We need this man taken back to the station for questioning,” Warrick informed the young officer.

“Questioning?” Jimmy swallowed, his nervousness palpable, as Pierce approached him, his gun still out in front of him.

Sara nodded, pursing her lips. “We would like to question you about Lindsey Conte’s murder.”

“But I didn’t… I mean I wouldn’t… I mean, I love her!” Jimmy blurted out, as Pierce patted him down, just to be sure.

“Let’s go,” the officer frowned, grabbing Jimmy by the elbow, and leading him back to the squad car.

“But I didn’t—” Jimmy tried again.

“Save it,” Pierce growled at him.

Once the two men were gone, Sara re-holstered her weapon, looking up at Warrick. “He loves her?” she hesitantly asked, raising an eyebrow.

“It would seem so,” Warrick replied, glancing up at the tree house. “I’m going to take a quick look up there,” he informed her, taking a step toward the tree house.

“No,” Sara stopped him, reaching a hand out, and placing it on his shoulder. “No, let me do it,” she confidentially told him, briskly walking toward the tree house, her kit clutched tightly in one hand.

“Sara, make sure that you clear the place first,” he reminded her. “You never know who else could be up there.”

“Got it,” Sara assured him, as she took a deep breath, and very carefully climbed, hand over hand, and fist over fist, up to the tree house’s platform. Her gun held out in front of her, Sara inched into the main room of the fort, glancing around. “It’s clear,” she called down to Warrick, who was anxiously peering up at the tree house.

“What else is up there?” he asked, his gun still out, as if prepared for something to jump out at them.

Looking around the fairly spacious room, Sara knelt down, studying the floor. “Uh—”

“Damn, Girl, what is it?” Warrick queried, his eyes still wide and alert.

Grabbing a swab, Sara took a sample of blood, her eyes traveling along the length of the floor, searching for more pieces of the elusive evidence. “More blood,” she called down to him, scooting along the floor, and taking a couple of more samples of the dried substance. “None of this was here last week, though,” she added with a slightly perplexed expression on her face.

“Anything else, besides the blood?” Warrick persisted.

Sara was about to shake her head no, when she spotted a chest in the corner of the room. Inching toward it, she very carefully studied the exterior of the container, taking several pictures of it, before opening up the top. Her breath catching in her throat, Sara let out a loud gasp of surprise.

“Sara? Are you okay?” Warrick nervously called out, already moving toward the ladder to assure himself of the fact that she was still unharmed.

“Yes, Warrick, I’m fine,” she hesitated, peering into the chest, and taking several more pictures, before reaching for the object.

“What else did you find?” he asked, peering up the length of the ladder, still contemplating the idea of climbing up it in order to join her.

“Let’s just say,” Sara softly chuckled, still busy collecting the evidence.

“Let’s just say what?” Warrick prompted her, one fist on the base of the ladder.

“Let’s just say,” Sara continued. “That we’re going out to dinner and a movie.”

“Damn, you found the hammer?” he eagerly asked, his entire face lighting up.

“No, Warrick,” Sara chuckled, bagging the item. “We found the hammer.”

---------------

The Break Room, later the following day

“Seriously, Bro?” Nick asked Warrick, his eyes glued to him.

“Sara closed the case,” Warrick nodded at his friend. “After she found the hammer, and finished processing the tree house, we brought all of the evidence back to the lab. The evidence, combined with Jimmy’s statement, explained everything.”

“What explained everything?” Sara asked, walking into the break room, and immediately heading toward the coffee maker. Pouring herself a cup of the tepid liquid, she grimaced, after taking a sip.

“Your case,” Warrick grinned at her. “The evidence that you found, in conjunction with Jimmy’s statement—and Jason Conte’s confession—cleared everything up.”

“It sure did,” Sara agreed, sitting down beside Warrick, and across from Nick.

“So fill me in?” Nick asked. “What actually happened?”

Sara took another sip of the coffee, frowning at the taste. “Well apparently, Jason Conte isn’t as faithful to his wife as he originally claimed,” she began her story. “Because although he was actually at a bar, he was there with his mistress, rather than by himself.”

“Mistress?” Catherine asked, walking into the room. “Someone has a mistress?”

“Jason Conte,” Nick told her, glancing at her for a moment.

“Your case, Sara? You solved it?” Catherine queried, raising an eyebrow.

“Yes,” Sara confirmed. “Warrick and I solved it this morning.”

“So who did it?” Catherine prompted her, sitting down beside Nick, her hands on the table in front of her.

“As I was saying,” Sara flashed each of her colleagues a small smile. “Jason Conte was at the bar with Juliette Smith, his mistress. The only thing is,” she continued. “Is that Lindsey Conte was also seeing someone else on the side.”

“Who?” Greg asked, joining the conversation, and throwing himself down on the couch. “Let me guess,” he chuckled. “The someone on the side is a pool boy?”

“This isn’t Desperate Housewives, Greg,” Catherine rolled her eyes at him. “So no, she wasn’t seeing the pool boy; she wasn’t, right, Sara?”

Sara slowly shook her head no. “She was seeing Jimmy Dobson, a local car mechanic,” she informed everyone. “When we spoke with him, he claimed that he was in love with her, and that he would have done anything to protect her.”

“So he didn’t kill her?” Nick furrowed his eyebrows in puzzlement.

“No, not exactly. Apparently, Jason Conte returned home early on the night that she was murdered, intoxicated beyond belief. He found Lindsey and Jimmy in bed with one another, and got pretty angry about it.”

“Well I’d be angry, too,” Warrick sulkily spoke up, glancing at the table. Because if you recall, I found my wife in bed with another man.

“That might be, Warrick, but you would never kill someone over an affair,” Sara pointed out, her face slightly flushing. Shit… I forgot about his situation!

“True,” Warrick agreed, sighing. “True. Okay, continue, Girl.”

Sara nodded, swallowing. “So, Jason ran out to the garage, grabbed one of his hammers, and immediately ran back to his bedroom. He dragged Lindsey outside, completely ignoring Jimmy, and killed her with the hammer.”

“And Jimmy just let this happen?” Nick frowned, raising an eyebrow. “No call to 9-1-1? No help to her?”

Sara shrugged. “He said that he was scared to death, and that by the time that he made it outside, Jason was already dragging Lindsey’s limp body back inside. He walked through her blood—leaving the size seven footprints—and grabbed the hammer, thinking that Jason would try to kill him, as well, or even just try to destroy the evidence. He took it with him, returning to the home one week later, in order to re-hide it.”

“I don’t understand,” Greg shook his head. “Jimmy let his lover die, stole the evidence, and then tried to re-plant it? Why would he do that?” he asked in confusion.

“Simple, man,” Nick replied. “He didn’t want to be blamed for the crime. Dobson. Ring a bell?”

Greg again slowly shook his head, trying to think of why that name should sound familiar to him.

“Dobson,” Catherine quietly said the name aloud. “Jimmy Dobson. The senator’s kid?” she raised an eyebrow in surprise.

“That’s what I’m guessing. Am I right, Sara?” Nick asked, feeling pleased with himself fr deducing why the name was important.

“Yes,” Sara simply replied. “Jimmy did not want to ruin his father’s chances of re-election, so he attempted to separate himself from the crime.”

“In a sense, almost letting a killer go free,” Nick sighed, pushing his chair back, and standing up from the table.

“Exactly,” Sara acknowledged, glancing up at Nick.

“Well in any event, nice job with your case, Sar,” he flashed her a small smile, grabbing himself a cup of coffee, and heading toward the door. “And I’ll see you all tomorrow,” he added, immediately walking out of the break room.

“I need to get home to Lindsey,” Catherine cleared her throat, also standing up, and rubbing the back of her neck. “It’s been a long week,” she mumbled, before turning around, and exiting the room.

“Do you guys have any fun plans for the weekend?” Greg then asked Sara and Warrick, getting up off of the couch, and walking toward the table.

Sara tried not to blush, glancing over at Greg. “I’m going out to dinner,” she told Greg.

“And I’m watching a movie,” Warrick added. “Well, at home, anyhow. I’m cooking dinner, and renting a movie,” he explained, unobtrusively resting one of his hands on Sara’s knee. With you, Girl; I hope that you like this idea, anyhow.

Sara’s eyes widened in surprise, as her face flushed even harder. “Really? What are you making?” she curiously asked.

Warrick shrugged. “I’m thinking some Alfredo,” he told her. “Or perhaps some pasta with garlic bread.”

Sara swallowed, staring at Warrick. Are we doing the dinner and a movie date at your house? She wanted to ask him. Or have you changed your mind? You did say that you were still having dinner and a movie; it’s got to be with me, right? Hence your hand on my knee?

“Can I come over, Dude?” Greg suddenly asked, raising his eyebrows at Warrick. “That sounds like some serious fun!”

“Sorry, man,” Warrick chuckled. “I’ve got some very special plans.”

“With a woman?” Greg grinned, raising a knowing eyebrow.

Sara tried not to choke on her coffee, as she stared straight ahead.

“Yes, Greg, with a woman.”

“Well, enjoy your date, Warrick… and Sara,” he laughed, bounding out of the break room.

“How does he do that?” Warrick asked, shaking his head in surprise. “How does he always do that?”

“It’s a gift!” Greg poked his head back into the break room for a moment, before really taking off down the hallway.

Sara just smiled, trying to make the heat leave her face. “Are we really,” she hesitated. “Are we really going to have dinner, and watch a movie, at your place?” she wanted to know.

Warrick slowly nodded yes, turning his head to the side so that he could look at her. “If that’s okay with you…?” he asked. “I mean, I’m not afraid to be seen out in public with you or anything like that, Girl,” he rambled on. “I don’t care if people know that we’re together, but… I feel like being selfish right now, and I want you all to myself.” And I want to sit next to you, and I want to hold you, and I want to kiss you, and then I want to hold you some more.

Sara simply beamed at him. That’s fine, because I want you all to myself, too.

Clearing his throat, Warrick continued. “My new apartment is small, but it’s cozy.”

“Cozy can be nice,” Sara smiled. “Cozy can be very nice.”

---------------

TO BE CONTINUED

6. Cordelia_GRS_Fan

Cordelia_GRS_Fan CSI Level Two

Oooh I'm dying to see what happens during this date! I can sense some quality smoochies!! Can't I?! *crosses fingers and begs* Please? Pwitty please?

....Geez, I ain't even a Swarrick fan - that's how good your stories are Jan!!

lovelove
    Xx Mia-Sara xX

7. Zan1781

Zan1781 Coroner

(First of all, I am feeling slightly (really!) unsure about this chapter, so I hope that you all enjoy it. Second of all, thank you to everyone who has continued to read and/or review my very first Swarrick fic ever. I appreciate your support and encouragement throughout the writing of this entire thing, and trust me, your comments continuously made my day! That being said, I believe that it is time for Dinner and a Movie to receive a finis, rather than a TO BE CONTINUED sign at the end. I sincerely hope that you enjoyed reading this story, as much as I enjoyed writing it!)

---------------
    Disclaimer: I do not own any part of CSI or its characters. That honor goes to the good folks over at CBS.
    Title: The Date

---------------

Warrick’s Apartment

“I’m sorry that it’s so small,” Warrick apologized to Sara for the umpteenth time, as he opened the front door for her, allowing her to walk past him and into his place.

“But it does have coziness potential,” she reminded him, glancing around the tiny living room, and noticing the sparse furniture.

“It does?” Warrick asked, setting his keys and wallet down on the table by the front door.

“Well…it might,” she teased him, flashing him a small smile. “It all depends.”

“On what?” Warrick queried, as he swaggered into the kitchen, opening up the refrigerator to see what he could make for dinner.

“Well, do you have a couch?” she asked, following him into the kitchen.

“Of course,” Warrick confirmed.

“And a blanket?” she continued.

“I like where this is going,” Warrick grinned at her.

“So if we have a couch, and a blanket, and the two of us,” Sara mused. “I’m pretty sure that your apartment could be classified as cozy. Don’t you concur?”

Warrick chuckled, an amused twinkle in his eye. “I think that my apartment is cozy, then,” he told her, before turning around again to face the refrigerator. “So what are you in the mood for, Girl?”

Other than you? “What do you have?” she asked.

Other than me? “Pasta, breakfast foods, uh,” he scanned the contents of his refrigerator. “That would be about it; pasta and breakfast foods. Unless you want to have something delivered? Pizza? Chinese?”

Sara slowly shook her head from side to side, before smiling at him. “No one has ever made me breakfast before, so can we have something along those lines?”

“Breakfast it is. Why don’t you make yourself comfortable?” Warrick suggested, nodding his head toward the couch.

Sara again shook her head no, instead, taking a seat at the kitchen table. “I want to watch you cook, if that’s okay with you?”

Warrick chuckled. “Sure, whatever you want, Sara,” he told her, grabbing a box of pancake mix, a measuring cup, eggs, and butter, and turning the burner on so that it had the chance to warm up.

Sara raised an eyebrow in amusement, staring at Warrick. “You, uh, measure everything out?” she teasingly asked him.

“Why, you don’t?”

“I just eyeball it,” Sara admitted. “But measuring is good, too,” she smiled.

“So, why don’t you come show me how it’s done, then, Rachel Ray?” Warrick grinned at her, turning around to face her.

“You’re doing just fine on your own,” Sara smirked. “I think I’ll just stay right here.”

“Nope, not anymore,” Warrick told her, walking over to the table, and holding his hand out to her. “Up and at ‘em. You are officially helping me with breakfast,” he smiled, when she finally took his proffered hand. Immediately pulling her to him, and wrapping his arms tightly around her body, he raised an eyebrow. “Oops,” he commented. “Damn, Girl, you tripped.”

“I did, did I?” Sara laughed, wrapping her arms around his waist, and looking up at him, as her face slowly turned red.

“I do believe that that is why you landed in my arms,” Warrick seriously informed her.

“Well, then I suppose it’s a good thing that you were here to catch me,” she replied with a smile, licking her lips in anticipation of what she thought was about to happen.

“Yes, it is definitely a good thing,” Warrick murmured, as he closed his eyes, and leaned toward her.

Before he had a chance to press his lips to hers, however, an alarm suddenly filled the air, forcing Sara to jump in surprise, and causing her to scream in shock. “What the hell is that?” she yelled at Warrick.

Warrick, equally as surprised, immediately released Sara, his eyes darting around the kitchen, looking for the offending noise. “Damn it,” he muttered under his breath, briskly running to the stove. “I forgot to turn it off,” he frowned. Of all of the stupid, ill-timed, things to do; we were SO close!

Sara, her arms held across her chest, just chuckled, as she watched him. “Alright, Iron Chef,” she teased him. “Why don’t you go ahead and make the pancakes, and I’ll… pick out a movie?” she suggested, already walking toward his living room. “I don’t suppose that you have any romantic comedies lying around here?”

Warrick grinned, as he cleaned out the now semi-burned pan, starting to mix and pour the necessary ingredients into another bowl. “Afraid not,” he admitted. “But you should still be able to find something that you’ll enjoy. The videos are in the cabinet under the television set, so help yourself.”

Sara simply nodded, as she knelt down next to his television, and started thumbing through his movies. Superman; hmm, you can be my Superman, she chuckled to herself, setting the video aside. Gladiator? Yeah, you can be my gladiator, too. X-Men, Total Recall, Searching for Bobby Fischer. “Searching for Bobby Fischer?” she asked aloud, a little bit surprised. “Really?”

“I like chess,” Warrick reminded her. “And that kid is amazing,” he shrugged, flipping the pancakes. “Is that the movie that you’d like to see?”

“If you don’t mind,” Sara replied, picking the DVD up in her hands, and setting it down on the coffee table. Slowly walking into the kitchen, she leaned against the wall, watching Warrick cook. “How’s it going?”

“Almost done,” he grinned. “Want to flip some of the pancakes?”

“Sure,” Sara smiled, walking toward him, and taking the spatula out of his hands. Staring at the pan, she watched the oil sizzle.

Behind her, Warrick cleared his throat, before stepping closer to her, and hesitantly wrapping his arms around her body.

“What are you doing…?” Sara murmured, once again feeling her heart start to pound in her chest.

“I’m… holding you?” he cautiously replied, taking another step closer to her, and holding her more securely and comfortably in his arms.

“But this doesn’t count as the before-mentioned holding, right?” Sara bit her lip, still staring at the pan. “Because… I mean,” she paused. “It wouldn’t exactly be fair to me, unless I was able to hold you, as well,” she pointed out.

Warrick chuckled, his lip just next to her ear. “Right; I’m still going to hold you later on, too, and then you can hold me, as well. But remember, I’m selfish; I might not want to let go of you,” he warned, closing his eyes for a moment, and trying his hardest not to kiss her right then and there. Drawing on his self-control, Warrick reluctantly released Sara from his hold, moving toward one of the cabinets, and pulling down several plates and dishes.

Trembling at the slight contact, and then at the sudden lack of it, Sara took a deep breath, in the hopes of steadying her nerves. “That’s alright, because I’m pretty selfish, too,” she swallowed, flipping the remaining pancake, and shutting off the burner. More so than you can imagine. Carrying the plate of pancakes over to the table, Sara set them down, glancing over at Warrick. “Ready to eat?”

“You bet,” he smiled at her. Because after we eat, I get to hold you again, and the kiss you, and then hold you some more.

Good, because I’m going to eat fast, she told herself. Because after we eat, I want you to hold me, and then kiss me, and the maybe even hold me some more.

“How do you like the pancakes, Girl?” Warrick asked, after they had been eating for five or so minutes.

“They’re good,” Sara admitted. “Maybe there’s something to be said about that whole measuring thing.”

Warrick just chuckled, as he took another large forkful of his dinner. I have to finish these soon. I want to hold her! “Well,” he hesitated. “You could always make me some pancakes the next time that we have pancakes together, and then we can compare notes.”

Sara smiled, as she shoveled another forkful of pancakes into her mouth. “That sounds like a good idea,” she told him. Next time? That means that there is going to be another date! “But unfortunately,” she sighed, pushing her plate away. “I’m full.”

“Me, too, actually,” Warrick agreed, as he quickly stood up, and grabbed Sara’s plate for her. Carrying both of their dishes to the sink, he glanced over his shoulder at her. “You can get settled on the couch, though, if you’d like,” he smiled, as he headed back toward the table to get their silverware and glasses. Depositing them into the sink, he grinned, as he watched her leave the kitchen.

Sara just nodded, as she meandered into the living room, sitting down at one end of the couch. Sighing, she swung both of her legs up onto the cushions, a contented expression on her face.

“Here you go,” Warrick suddenly said from behind her, gently setting a blanket down on top of her prone body. “I believe you said that we needed a blanket, in order to create a cozy environment?”

“Yes, I did,” Sara chuckled, as she placed it over herself. “Hurry back, though, okay? I believe that you were also a part of the coziness equation.”

Warrick nodded, as he grabbed the DVD off of the coffee table, and stuck it into the machine. “I’ll clean up the rest later,” he grinned at her, walking back over to the couch, and lifting her feet up. Throwing himself down, and setting her feet down in his lap, he hit the play button, trying to make himself more comfortable.

Sara, meanwhile, raised an eyebrow at Warrick. “Weren’t you going to hold me or something?” she quizzed him.

“Or something,” Warrick replied, picking up one of her feet, and gently pressing his fingers into her skin.

Sara gave another contented sigh, as she half-closed her eyes. “What are you doing?” she softly asked him.

“Just relax, Girl,” Warrick calmly told her, as he continued to massage her foot, gently pulling her sock down, so that she could feel the warmth emanating from his hands.

“And what are you doing now?” she continued, taking a deep breath. “God, that feels so good,” she admitted, licking her lips.

“Shh, Sara.” Closing his eyes, Warrick dug his thumbs into the soles of her foot, before sliding his hands up to her toes, and gently rolling each individual toe in between two of his fingers.

Sara let out a soft moan, as she slid further down on the couch, looking up at Warrick though half-closed eyes. “Don’t stop,” she mumbled, feeling herself relax at his touch. Please, just don’t stop!

“I won’t,” Warrick promised. “Although your other foot is probably feeling a little bit left out, Girl.” Your skin is so soft and smooth, Sara.

“Uh-huh, it is,” Sara whispered, pulling her one foot out of Warrick’s grasp, and immediately lifting the other one up off of his lap.

Warrick just chuckled, as he gently grasped the foot in his hands, once again softly rubbing it. “How’s that feel, Sara?” he quietly asked.

“Mmfg,” she sighed, licking her lips. Please don’t stop; really, please don’t stop. That feels so good; your hands are so warm! God…

That good, huh? Well, damn, Girl, we should have done this a long time ago, then. Grasping her foot a little bit more tightly, Warrick slid both hands up toward her toes, once again gently rolling them between his fingers. Do you like that, though?

Sara’s expression immediately changed, as she closed her eyes, and tried to hold back another moan. So relaxed right now; I can’t… so relaxed. “Love you,” she mumbled, before her eyes snapped open. “I mean, I, uh,” she swallowed in nervousness. Shit! Did I just really just say that out loud? What a way to ruin the mood!

Warrick stared at Sara, as if trying to read her expression. Do you really love me? Or are you just so relaxed, that it slipped out of your mouth by accident? I know that I love you, and I’ve told you that my love for you is a part of the reason that I had a hard time getting along with Tina, but… he swallowed.

“It’s true,” Sara cautiously whispered. “I really think that I love you,” she told him, the nerves once again settling in, as her face turned a deep shade of red.

Smiling, Warrick very careful set her foot back down in his lap, before lifting both of them up in the air, and crawling out from underneath them. “Well, that’s good,” he quietly admitted. “Because I love you, too.”

“Now what are you doing?” Sara asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Warrick ignored her, as he gently set her legs back down on the cushions, moving toward her head, and sitting down beside her.

“Warrick? What are you doing?” Sara repeated her question. Are you finally going to kiss me? she wondered, her heart starting to race, and her face flushing even more.

“Shh,” Warrick mumbled, gently placing two fingers over her lips in order to silence her, and leaning toward her. Lightly brushing his left hand against her cheek, he continued to lean toward her, until his chest was just barely touching hers. “Is this okay?” he quietly asked, searching deep into her eyes for the answer.

“Uh-huh,” Sara whispered, sliding further down on the couch, so that she was lying flat on her back. Licking her lips in anticipation, she smiled up at him, waiting for him to finally give her their first kiss together.

Warrick smiled back, before closing his eyes, and softly pressing his lips to hers. I’m really… we’re really… I can’t believe that I’m kissing you!

Sara slowly wrapped an arm around Warrick’s back, drawing him closer to her, as she tried to deepen the kiss. I just want to feel you against me, Warrick. Please! I want you to kiss me harder!

Lightly tracing her bottom lip with his tongue, Warrick sighed in contentment, as Sara opened her mouth for him. This is… so unreal. Damn, this is so unreal! He thought to himself, feeling his heart rate quicken.

“Hi,” Sara finally whispered, gently pushing Warrick away from herself, so that they could both take a moment to breathe.

“Hi,” Warrick returned her whisper, as he lightly brushed the back of his hand against her cheek, his elbow resting on her chest.

“You’re supposed to hold me,” Sara quietly pointed out. “… Can you?” And then I want you to kiss me some more.

Warrick nodded, as he very carefully got to his feet, sitting down at the other end of the couch. Holding his arms out to Sara, he was about to tell her that he was ready for her to come toward him, when he realized that she was already sitting up, and crawling toward his lap. “Hi, there,” he again chuckled, raising an eyebrow as she crawled into his lap, turning to face him.

“Hold me?” Sara softly requested, as she threw a leg on either side of his lap, firmly pressing herself against him.

Warrick tightly wrapped his arms around Sara’s body, drawing her closer to himself, before kissing her again. After a moment, he smiled. “Your face is all flushed,” he observed.

Sara nodded. “I feel very flustered right now,” she hesitantly admitted, feeling her heart still pounding inside of her chest.

“Because of me?” Warrick cautiously asked, once again pulling her closer, and gently rubbing her back.

“Uh-huh. I’ve never felt this comfortable with someone before, Warrick. I’ve never felt this safe, or this happy, or this—”

“Loved?” Warrick supplied for her. “Because damn, Girl, if you didn’t already know it, I love you,” he informed her, his voice barely audible over the sound of their own breathing.

“I love you, too,” Sara smiled at him, leaning forward for another kiss. “And I don’t want you to ever stop doing this.”

“Never?” Warrick asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Never-ever,” she confirmed, once again pressing her lips to his.

Sliding his hands down to her hips, Warrick smiled, as he deepened the kiss. Gripping her more tightly, he carefully stood up, his heart thumping, as he continued to kiss her.

What are you doing? Sara wanted to know. But she didn’t have to wonder for very long, as Warrick carried her to his bedroom, slowly closing the behind them. “Love you,” she repeated, before the door had a chance to fully thunk shut.

“Love you, too,” came Warrick’s sincere and truthful reply.

---------------

Finis

8. melbel

melbel Pathologist

wicked.

9. Zan1781

Zan1781 Coroner

I'm glad you liked it, and I hope the ending was satisfying enough!

10. Joy22

Joy22 Pathologist

Cute! I hope you continue to write more Swarrick, girl!

11. Zan1781

Zan1781 Coroner

Thank you, so much! I appreciate your comment :).

12. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Mwahahaha *continues to laugh maniacally* BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

*cough, hack, cough* Fi-nal-LY! Damn, Warrick and Sara! :p Took you guys long enough! *giggles insanely* This was a total squee chapter :D

13. Zan1781

Zan1781 Coroner

Glad you liked it, QTR! Hehe... maybe next time I'll, uh, well, write further. I'm just afraid to cross that m-rated line! (posted on a different site, of course, because I'm a law-abiding person!).

14. Cordelia_GRS_Fan

Cordelia_GRS_Fan CSI Level Two

Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love it!!!

Not that you don't already know how much I love your writing, but that was such a darn brilliant ending!! Wow, I'm...speechless lol. Write more fics soon!!!

Xx Mia-Sara xX

15. Zan1781

Zan1781 Coroner

Hehe, thanks! I'm always writing, thanks to my best friend, QTR's encouragement :). The Retreat will never end, and I just started a new one, KINDA along the same vein as The Bank (different plot line all together, thought up by RocketScientist, but that type of action-adventure!).