NASCAR

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by nicksbabygurl, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Baba_O_Riley

Baba_O_Riley Lab Technician

43rd starting spot to a 5th place finish, Not to bad after back to back weeks in Victory Lane.

Awesome.

2. CSIgrad

CSIgrad Lab Technician

junior has been having a rough year since he swap team with waltrip...regardless, congrats to him :)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm a big fan of Jeff Gordon and Kasey Kahne...and I gotta say way to go Jamie McMurray since he's a local boy!!
    I'm hoping Gordon will win at least a few races so he can at least break into the top 12, but we'll see.

4. Hungry4TheWolfe

Hungry4TheWolfe Police Officer

yay another Jimmie fan! :D

I know how you feel, Jeff is my all time favorite and still is. But I'm not giving up on him now and never will, he has tremendous talent and still has a chance to get into the Chase. You can never count him out! I love Kasey too. That poor guy has some bad luck of his own. :(

5. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

And on top of that, still feeling sore from the crash on Friday.

Tonight my sister mentioned how she wants Rusty to win the championship this year (and I do too) and I came up with the perfect ending to this season (but not that it will actually happen): Rusty Wallace and Mark Martin co-champions in their last year. (NASCAR probably wouldn't let this happen though.)

6. Baba_O_Riley

Yeah really, not like NASCAR has to manufacture its own champion, come on the whole Chase for the Cup playoff system is just dumb. I mean if this year Jimmie Johnson or Greg Biffle (the two cars that have been the most dominate this whole year) if these two guys aren't the champion then it just goes to show the Chase for the Cup is just who can become Champion after 10 races and not 36. :devil:

7. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

From the moment I heard what they were doing, I thought the Chase for the Cup was dumb. Sure before they changed it, there were years when the championship was decided way before the last race. But there were years (case in point 1992) when it came down to the last lap to determine a champion. At times I just wish they would leave well enough alone.

NASCAR manufacture its own champion? I'd rather not comment on that. :devil:

8. Baba_O_Riley

Then I will,

2004 Nextel Cup Champion, Kurt Busch! ! ! :devil:

9. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

Ah yes. Good point.

My driver was just happy to be in the chase after his first 4 years in NASCAR. Of course after last year, he still doesn't get a whole lot of attention from the media.

10. Baba_O_Riley

Yes, because his name isn't Dale Jr. or Jeff Gordon :devil:

11. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

Or a few other selected names on their list.

12. Nik

Nik CSI Level One

Well, some of them look good on TV. I guess they think that's what'll get women to watch. (Not true, I for one don't even know what my driver looks like. He always has those glasses on. But, as long as he doesn't try to kill anyone, I don't mind cheering for RoboCop. Hey, it works for Horatio Caine.)

13. Baba_O_Riley

Who is your driver?

14. Nik

Nik CSI Level One

Ooh...I get to say it again. Bobby Labonte. I just got a totebag with his picture on it as a gift from my folks. (I guess they're tierd of me carrying grocery bags to work w/ my lunch and notebook in them.) He looks like RoboCop in that picture.

15. nicksbabygurl

nicksbabygurl CSI Level One

Did you hear what Biffle called Harvick. He called him a 'chicken' and a 'punk'. I was so mad about that. Biffle apologized, but Kevin said that 'the word was already said'.

I bet at the next road course, Biffle's gonna hit the wall and Harvick's gonna do it