Don't Shoot Me; I'm Only the Piano Player (Warrick/Sara)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by quoth_the_raven, Jul 16, 2006.

1. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Thanks so much Cordelia and CSI_in_training! :) It really means a lot to me, you guys! *huggles both* Here's the third chapter :)

“I can barely walk in these things…” Sara mumbled to herself watching as she attempted to walk in a pair of black heels she- or someone- had slipped into her closet. She felt like she was walking on two mini sky-scrapers; how could any woman stand to wear these for more than a few minutes without throwing them off of a cliff? They were painful; they squeezed her toes and raised her heel at a particularly painful angle. The heel itself had to have been maybe an inch or two, but whatever it was, no matter how big the heel was it was too big for Sara Sidle to walk around in for hours and hours that night. She could twist her ankle or fall and break her neck, for god’s sake!

Kicking the shoes off of her feet and sighing in relief as her feet were freed for about the third time that night in her hunt for what she was going to wear to the club- shoes and all- she once again kneeled down in front of her closet and threw things (some things she didn’t even know she still had) over her shoulder as she attempted to look for some shoes that looked bearable. She still hadn’t taken a shower so she was still covered in what felt like a few layers of motor oil and transmission fluid, but she wanted to have everything picked out before she got in the shower.

She couldn’t wear her work shoes; heck if she could wear her work shoes she’d probably already be out the door on her way to the club. But that would also mean that she would arrive in her normal attire that consisted of flat black shoes- sometimes even tennis shoes-, a random t-shirt she had picked out from her closet as she reached over her head for clothes, and her signature brown or black slacks. Even Sara knew that wasn’t necessarily ‘stage appropriate’, and she wasn’t one to talk about what was and what wasn’t appropriate in the line of fashion. Tonight she had to look like… well, probably like The Whore of Babylon, as her mother might say if she were there looking at her right now.

Getting to her feet and dusting her pants off with her hands, Sara looked at the clothes in her closet like they were a suspect she was interrogating that she just couldn’t crack. So far, it was closet-1, Sara-0.

Alright, think Sara, she told herself, pacing back and forth in her bedroom which now looked like a regular B&E with the thrown-around clothes and other miscellaneous items laying around on the floor. Why didn’t Sara have that basic woman instinct that told her what looked nice and what didn’t, what showed off just the right amount of cleavage and what didn’t, and that she should always have something dressy on-hand just incase? Well, Sara wasn’t like a lot of other women her age, she thought. She didn’t like wearing things that was revealing in the cleavage department; she didn’t like that, it made her feel naked. Well, half-naked, literally. And she grew up right next to an ocean, she reminded herself, and went to college in Boston, so most of her time outside in the world was spent bundled-up looking like an Eskimo.

This would be the perfect moment to call Catherine for help, Sara knew. But… she and Catherine still had sort of a rocky-relationship, their relationship was nothing like the one she had with Grissom or… say, Warrick, perhaps. But Catherine was sort of the expert in this sort of thing, well, she was better in this field that Sara was that was for sure, so the idea of calling Catherine for help in this sort of thing was very appealing…

But then Sara saw something in her closet behind her layers and layers of solid-colored tops and slacks. Raising an eyebrow in curiosity, Sara walked further into her closet and parted both rows of clothes; she felt like Moses parting the sea. What she saw made her gasp. This was the sort of thing that a teenager wore to prom night underneath their suspicious sweatshirt and sweatpants to retaliate against their parents’ wishes for them to not go looking like a tramp. This was what Sara classified as ‘sexy, black, and…’

‘Tiny’! Good god, this thing couldn’t go past her knees at all!

Swallowing her fear- the fear of this little very black piece of fabric looking like a towel she had wrapped around herself- Sara headed over to her bedroom door and closed it so she could hold it up to herself in the full-length mirror she had positioned on the back of her door. Holding the dress up to herself, she cringed as she painfully watched it end just above her knees. Sometimes Sara wondered why she had to be so tall.

Putting the dress down on her bed, Sara dug into her closet once more, looking around frantically for something else. This couldn’t be the only thing she could wear, right…? She had to have something else, she just had to! She wondered if this was the part in most women’s lives when they discovered religion. Jesus!

Sighing in defeat as her search for another dress came up empty, Sara lowered her head just in time to see a pair of heels that matched her dress. Great, so that was pretty much a guarantee that she would be wearing this dangerous black little number tonight. Now she wished her search hadn’t been quite this easy!

Reluctantly Sara set her shoes down beside her dress and headed into the bathroom for her shower. She must smell like… well, she had just spent hours under a leaking metal piece of crap, she thought!

Getting rid of her work clothes and depositing them on the floor, Sara stepped inside the shower and turned the faucets on, shivering as a gallon or two of ice-cold water poured down her body. Sara hung her head and watched as grayish and brownish liquids receded into the drain from off of her own body. Disgusting, she thought. Well, at least she had one of the women instincts- she knew what was and was not disgusting.

After scrubbing at her arms and other various parts of her body with a washcloth until she was certain that she had gotten all of the dirt, oil and grime the day had brought off of her body, Sara turned the faucets off and stepped out of the shower, grabbing her towel from off the towel rack and wrapping it around herself. Closing her bathroom door- something Sara always did even though she lived alone and didn’t even have a pet (she needed her privacy, she tried to reason)- Sara grabbed another towel and started drying her hair as she got the blow-dryer ready to use. She hated using the blow-dryer; it was a loud, unnecessary, power-sucking device, but it did come in-handy when she was in a rush and needed her hair dry immediately, she had to give it that.

After using the blow-dryer and combing out small tangles in her hair (which were rarely found among the brunette’s silky brown locks), Sara picked up a can of hair-spray and eyed it suspiciously. On one had she didn’t like using hair-spray as it made her sneeze uncontrollably and become a potential fire-hazard, but on the other hand it did help, so she ended up using it most of the time despite her reasons not to. She wasn’t as foreign to these things she thought she was! She proudly told herself.

Closing her eyes and spraying over her hair, Sara opened her eyes once she was finished and was surprised to find that she didn’t have a sneezing fit as she usually did. The next task on her to-do list was to get dressed in her dangerously-short black little dress. This dress was definitely going to bring her out of her comfort zone; sure, lots of things had brought her out of her comfort zone, coming to Vegas was one of them as the people (other than Grissom) and things here were all foreign to her, but this was something so small- and ridiculous, in her eyes- that would bring her out of her comfort zone physically, not mentally.

Opening her bathroom door and heading over to her bed, Sara picked the dress up once again and held it up to herself. It showed off her legs and arms; the dress ended just above her knees leaving her legs gloriously bare to onlookers, and the dress was also sleeveless which showed off her arms and shoulders. But Trey said that she had a nice body… and that a nice dress that showed off her legs and arms would look nice on her, so that helped to motivate her to actually put the dress on. So Sara put the dress on- with one eye closed.

When she opened her eyes she gasped for the second time that day. The dress hugged every right curve of her body (Sara didn’t know she had curves!), if she did say so herself. Doing a full 360-degree turn, Sara noted that the dress wasn’t skin-tight like Richard Simmons’ shorts were in his 80s work-out videos her mother used to watch, so that made her feel a bit better. She actually looked quite nice, she thought.

Putting her shoes on, Sara couldn’t help but laugh. She sort of looked like she was going to a funeral wearing this solid black dress with the matching shoes.

Heading back into the bathroom, hearing her heels click and clack with each step she took, Sara got ready to add the final touch; makeup. Stage-worthy, she told herself, stage-worthy. She had to look nice, but she couldn’t go overboard. Moving from her normal lip-gloss to actual lipstick, Sara applied a darker color than she usually wore to go with her black theme. Choosing a color of eye-shadow (she finally settled on a dark purple), Sara put it on and looked at herself in the mirror once she was finished.

Sara couldn’t help but smile, revealing her pearly-white teeth. She looked pretty, and she felt pretty.

As Sara was just finishing getting ready, Warrick was already on his way to the club still with the same smile on his face from before. He couldn’t wait to see the look on Sara’s face when she noticed him in the audience. His coming was by no means intended to be rude or mean, or just something he was doing for kicks; he really wanted to go to this performance. And still, Warrick couldn’t help but wonder why he wanted to go to her performance so badly; they were just friends, nothing more, it wasn’t like she was his… girlfriend.

Warrick tried to tell himself he’d do this for any of his other friends; once he had taken Greg to a baseball game on the weekend, another time he and Nick had gone to the monster-truck rally in one of the stadiums along the Strip. They were men, however… and Sara was a woman… a woman he could feel attracted to, a woman he could… develop feelings for.

Just then, to Warrick’s relief, he arrived at the club and parked right next to the building. About to unbuckle himself, a thought quickly struck Warrick’s mind- if he was parked right in front of the building, or right next to it, for that matter, Sara would be able to tell that he was there by the LVPD sticker clearly placed in the right bottom corner of his windshield. Then it wouldn’t be much of a surprise, would it?

Turning the car back on with a slight grin on his face, Warrick looked over his shoulder to make sure no cars were coming before he pulled back into the road to find another parking spot.

I hope I’m not late, Sara thought as she arrived at the Midnight, parking right in front of the building. Of course you’re not. He told you to come whenever you were free on Fridays, Sara reminded herself. Looking in the mirror one last time before getting out, she nodded as if to confirm that she was ready to go inside, and opened her car door, throwing her legs over the side of the seat as she got out. Closing the door behind her, Sara took a deep breath as she did the first time she had stepped foot near the building.

Putting a confident smile on her face, Sara walked toward the grayish-orange stucco-covered building and pushed the door open, walking inside. The second she walked inside Sara could definitely tell it was very much indeed a Friday night; the bar area, clean and organized or not, reeked of liquor and cigarette smoke just like any other bar. Sara tried to look around for any sign of Trey but the building was much too crowded for her to single out one particular person.

“Excuse me…?” she asked, making her way through person after person to get to the bartender. Luckily it was the same bartender Sara had seen the other night she was here, so he would remember her.

“Ah, you again,” the bartender said with a small smile, handing another person their drink. “How can I help you?”

“I was looking for Trey,” Sara explained, shooting him a smile. “Do you know where I could find him?”

“Yeah, he’s in his office, just go on back,” the bartender instructed her, pointing to the far back corner of the building where Trey’s office was.

“Thanks,” Sara smiled, walking in that direction. The red, velvety carpet that covered the floor was now littered in peanuts and small drops of beer and other alcoholic beverages, and people were coming and going from the bathrooms like a line of train cars; Sara knew the interior of the bathrooms must’ve been absolutely filthy.

In her observation of the now-crowded club Sara failed to notice that Warrick was sitting in the small area in the very middle of the club set aside for the audience for the performers. She actually walked right past him and probably wouldn’t have noticed his presence until she got on stage on-looking the audience, or even at all if he hadn’t gotten up and bumped into her on his way to the bar.

“I’m sorry about that,” Sara said, finally looking up at the person who had bumped into her.

“Excuse me—“Warrick started, before realizing that the person he had bumped into was Sara. He did a double-take; he didn’t mean to, but he had to make sure the image in front of him was real. This was Sara! Wow! He had never imagined she would ever dress herself up like this; Catherine went out to bars and clubs all the time and he had seen her get dolled-up, but… Sara was really something. He had never imagined…

“…Warrick!” Sara was the first to break the awkward silence between the two. “…What are you doing here?” she asked, not knowing what else to say. Well that sounded rude!

“I, uh…” Warrick said, feeling his eyes begin to travel down her body. Don’t gawk! He told himself. And close your mouth! He thought closing his mouth as his gaze reverted back to Sara’s eyes. “Uh… I decided to come and watch your performance!”

“…Really?” Sara asked, noticing where his eyes had previously gone. Is he checking you out…? Oh my god, I think Warrick’s checking you out! Sara thought to herself, unable to hide an uncontrollable smile as it found its way onto her mouth. She felt like giggling like a giddy schoolgirl who had just been invited to the prom. For what reason, however, Sara did not know.

“Yeah,” Warrick said, shooting her a smile. “I thought I’d come and see you, you know… just to give you some support!”

“Well… thanks!” Sara said. You look like a dork with that stupid smile on your face, Sara!

“Well, uh… you should get going,” Warrick told her. “I’ll see you later,” he said, walking back to his table. Sitting down, he waved at her to indicate where he was sitting.

“Yeah…!” Sara said, even though he was already sitting back down at his table. Turning around and heading toward Trey’s office once again, Sara tried to calm herself down. She needed a net to catch all the butterflies in her stomach right now. But why was she so excited…? Was it just because she was going to get up on a stage in front of a ton of people, or… because she was going to get up on a stage in front of Warrick…?

Just then the door to Trey’s office opened and Trey himself walked out with a smile on his face. “Hello, Sara!” he greeted her, looking her up and down for a moment.

Sara jumped a little when he popped out of the door and she quickly composed herself. “…Yeah!” Or so she thought.

“Well, you do look ravishing,” he told her, shooting her a smile.

“Thanks,” Sara smiled. Up until just now she had completely forgotten about what Trey had done the first time they met, because she decided not to make a big deal out of it. So why should she now? He was just looking at you, you’ll be okay, she told herself and quickly setting that matter aside. Besides, Warrick was here… actually, there were tons of people here, they’d be able to tell if he tried… anything.

“Have you been practicing the song?” Trey asked her, bringing her out of her thoughts.

And then it dawned on her; she had absolutely no clue what song they were going to be doing. Fear and panic began to overcome Sara as she tried to think of the song, momentarily forgetting about what she had just been thinking of.

Trey chuckled. “I’m just kidding you, we didn’t decide on a song,” he told her. “I was thinking about that Sheryl Crow song you sang, though. You did really well on that song and there’s some nice piano in that song I could do in my sleep,” he winked at her.

“…Okay!” Sara said again. You sound like an idiot! She told herself.

“Alright, then let’s get to it!” Trey said, closing the door to his office and heading toward the stage. “Don’t be shy, come on!” he encouraged Sara once he noticed she wasn’t following him.

Sara just nodded, swallowing hard as she began to follow him up the stairs leading to the stage. This is it, you can do this… just imagine Warrick being the only person in the audience. He’s your friend, he won’t judge you, she thought to herself. Finally getting to the top of the stairs, she took a deep breath as she heard undecipherable chatter amongst the members of the audience behind the curtain covering the stage.

“Alright Sara, hear you go,” Trey said, holding a microphone out to her. “I notice you’re wearing heels, so if you don’t want to walk around the stage, or if you’re just not the type of person who likes to jump around,” he smiled, “You can sit on the piano if you want.”

“Okay, thanks,” Sara told him, shooting him an appreciative smile as she took the microphone. Before she had a chance to say anything else Trey had grabbed her arm, brining her over to the piano. “Alright, do you need some help getting up?” Trey asked her.

“It wouldn’t hurt,” Sara told him, shooting him a bashful smile. The Sara from before who had been paranoid about this guy touching her would’ve never had agreed to let him help her on the piano, but Sara had convinced herself that it was an accident and that Trey wasn’t a bad guy. Sara had completely forgotten about that now; she was so excited, so fully of the ecstasy that was being on stage in front of a crowd of people.

“Alright,” Trey smiled, grabbing under her arms and lifting her up onto the piano. He sat down on his piano bench behind her, rolling up his shirt sleeves. “Here we go, Sara,” he told her, and without much more warning the curtains parted.

Warrick, sitting in the audience, immediately locked his eyes on Sara lying sprawled-out across the piano with a microphone in her hand. She looked so beautiful with the light shining down, the small streaks of gold in her hair shimmering as the light shone down on them.

Without any introduction Warrick watched the man at the piano begin to play the opening notes of Always on Your Side, a song by Sheryl Crow. Wow, Warrick thought, Sheryl Crow? I didn’t think Sara would be singing that song. Then again, Warrick thought, he didn’t know Sara very well and he hadn’t been around her long enough to listen to the things she sang. Sure, he had heard her, but… Sara singing had sort of become something he was used to, and he never really paid that much attention to what she was singing. She could’ve been singing about going to the grocery store, for all he knew.

“My yesterdays are almost up and neatly put away,” Sara sang, “But every now and then you come to mind,” she put a stress on the last word of the verse, “‘Cause you were always waiting to get picked to play the game, but when your name was called you found a place to hide,” she took a small breath, “When you knew that I was always on your side.”

Warrick was staring at her with his mouth wide-open in complete shock.

“Everything was easy then,” Sara started the next few verses.

Wow, that’s tough, those notes are a lot lower than the others, Warrick thought, a small smile creeping its way around the corners of his mouth.

“So sweet and innocent,” Sara continued. So lost in the excitement and intensity of the moment, she failed to notice that Trey wasn’t exactly just playing the piano. “But your demons and your angels—“Sara was about to continue when she felt something on her leg. Skin meeting skin and this wasn’t just from her legs rubbing against each other.

She inhaled sharply, feeling it slowly creep up from her ankle to her calve; he was touching her. Again. And this wasn’t any accident, she knew. He was busy playing the piano, how would he be able to do this on accident?

The audience grew deathly silent as Sara stopped singing but the piano continued playing. Warrick looked at Sara in confusion, noting how uncomfortable she looked. Its okay Sara, you’re doing great, he tried to mentally encourage her, and you can do it. But then he noticed the piano player’s hand which was slowly making its way up to her inner thigh.

Sara stuttered as she started to shake slightly. He was touching her, why was he touching her? She felt his hand creep under her dress and she whimpered softly, shutting her eyes tightly. Why wouldn’t he stop?

Warrick immediately got to his feet, his jaw dropping as his hands balled into fists. Get your hands off of her, you son of a bitch! He thought, watching as the piano player continued playing the piano with one hand, but his other hand doing something else.

Sara felt the same sinking sensation she had first felt when Trey had touched her ‘accidentally’. She felt his fingers rolling over her gooseflesh making her tremble as his hand explored. She wanted to scream and slap his hand away but for some reason she didn’t. She didn’t know if it was because they were on stage in front of a bunch of people, or that she didn’t want to run the risk of losing her job, but she didn’t say or do anything.

Trey finished the song without Sara singing, his hand slowly returning to his side. There was a long silence from the audience until they began to clap softly, looking back and forth at each other as if to ask “What the hell just happened?”

The second Sara felt Trey’s hand move away from her she practically dropped the microphone she had been holding and almost ran off the stage. Trey, however, didn’t see anything awkward or inappropriate about what just happened, or he did and he just wanted to keep the crowd at bay, Sara wasn’t sure.

What the hell just happened? Warrick thought, watching Sara run off of the stage.

2. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Here's a new chapter!

Sara ran off the stage, feeling her heart pounding in her ears and her blood racing through her veins as she took the stairs three at a time. Her skin was still tingling from where he had touched her; she felt like she was on fire. Her nerves were screaming at her to get out of here, even the little angel and devil on her shoulder- that came out only on occasions where she was making a decision that could possibly cause someone else harm or have some consequence of some sort- were screaming at her to get as far away from the man up on stage as possible.

Sara Sidle may not have had the basic woman instincts some people had, but she sure was smart enough to know when to get the hell out of dodge.

The hallway leading up to the outside area of the stage- to safety- seemed never-ending as she tried her hardest to reach it. She was going to push anyone and anything that got in her way. As she was about to reach the end, she felt her heel get snagged in a very evil thread on the carpet, sending her tumbling to the floor. Ignoring the sweat dripping down her face, Sara tugged on her shoe to try and free herself, but when she caught a glimpse of Trey waving at the audience on the stage that was motivation enough for her to leave her god-forsaken shoes behind.

Scrambling to the floor, Sara kicked her shoes off and almost tumbled to the floor once more as she tried to regain her balance, crawling on all-fours. She dashed past the bathrooms, almost knocking over a man who had just opened the men’s bathroom door only to discover a black blur rushing past him, but she didn’t notice him. All she noticed was the sound of her own heart beating and the fear she felt inside of her that was growing bigger by the second.

“Is… that one of dem dern roadrunners…?” the club manager asked, adjusting his glasses as he caught a glimpse of Sara as she ran past the bar area.

“What was that, Sir?” the bartender who usually was the first one to greet Sara at the door asked, putting down a glass he had just cleaned. Spotting Sara running past them, he slowly shook his head. “No, Sir… I don’t think that’s a roadrunner… it’s a person.”

“Nonsense, I’ve seen one of them there rodents more than once in ‘m lifetime, don’t you go tellin’ me that ain’t it!” the old man persisted, pointing a bony shaky finger at Sara as she headed toward the door.

Warrick, back at the seating area with the rest of the confused audience members, was trying to look over people’s heads to catch a glimpse of Sara. She couldn’t have gone far, but… he saw her, and she was terrified. He was sure she wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible, and he couldn’t blame her. Leaving his half-empty drink at the table he was sitting at, Warrick made his way through the maze of people and tables in the seating area to try and find Sara. He figured she must be around the area behind the velvety red curtains.

“Sara!” Warrick said, running around the curtains to the small hallway leading up to the stage. “I—“ But just as he was about to continue his sentence Warrick noticed that there was no one in sight, well, that was, no one except for the son of a bitch on-stage. But he would deal with him later- right now he needed to find Sara herself. Looking down at the floor, Warrick noticed two high-heeled shoes lying abandoned on the carpet.

Now more worried than ever that something had happened to her, Warrick jogged toward the front of the bar, ignoring the cloud of smoke that he was hit with as he arrived. Waving it away from his face with his hand, he tried to get the bartender’s attention. “Sir! Excuse me, Sir?”

“What can I do for you?” the bartender asked another glass- that he had probably wiped dry for the tenth time now- and white rag in his hands.

“Did you see one of your performers run past here just now?” Warrick asked. Really, he didn’t want to say ‘your performers’, as that showed possessiveness, and he knew damn well Sara didn’t belong to these people; she didn’t belong to anyone. And she sure as hell wasn’t going to be coming back to this place anytime soon if he had anything to do about it.

“Oh, you mean Sara?” the bartender asked. “Yeah, she ran past her just a few minutes ago. She looked pretty upset,” he explained, still wiping the glass. “Poor kid; she must’ve been nervous; it’s her first time up on stage here, y’know,” he told Warrick, finally putting the glass down on the bar.

You have no idea, Warrick wanted to add, but instead nodded. “Where did she go?”

“She ran right out the door,” the bartender informed him, “Didn’t even bother saying goodnight.”

Outside, Sara had run to her car, almost plowing herself into it like another oncoming car as she tried to open the door. Remembering that she locked the doors- a smart thing that anyone would do that at the moment seemed to be the work of the devil- she reached into her pockets only to remember that she didn’t have pockets on this damn thing she was wearing. Then she discovered that she didn’t even have her purse with her. She was so determined to get out of that building that she didn’t grab any of her possessions.

Looking back at the building as she contemplating going back in to get her keys or not, she made her decision when she felt the bile forming in her throat as the thought even crossed her mind. Going back inside that building would mean seeing Trey again… and she definitely did not want to do that; she didn’t want to ever see his face again. Shaking her head, she dashed down the sidewalk and crossed the street, the adrenaline coursing through her body numbing the pain from her bare feet touching the jagged edges of road (among other things).

Warrick ran outside expecting Sara’s car to be long gone by now, but was surprised to find it still parked in the exact same place from before. Confused, Warrick looked down at the ground spotting a stepped-in wad of gum sticking to the pavement and something else he had seen much too often in his life- blood. Swallowing hard, Warrick looked on only to see that there was a trail of footprints, like the trail of bread crumbs in Hansel and Gretle, one of the storybook tales his grandmother used to read him when he was just a boy.

Almost afraid of what Warrick would find when he finally got to the end of the trail Warrick crossed the street, almost getting hit by an oncoming car in the process. Ignoring the obscenities the man in the car threw his way, Warrick followed the bloody footprints hoping that they would lead him to wherever Sara was. If this trail led him to Sara and if this was her blood… he was just hoping that she wasn’t bleeding too badly. What the hell did that bastard do to her…?

Warrick continued to follow the trail of bloody footprints for about another block until he noticed a figure limping along not too far ahead of him. This was one of the nights where he was glad Vegas had all the flashing lights on all the time as he was able to determine whether or not the figure ahead of him really was indeed Sara. His suspicions were confirmed when he caught a glimpse of her face as she turned her head from side-to-side.

“Sara!” Warrick called, trying to get her attention.

Sara was whimpering quietly to herself, still not slowing down or stopping even when she heard Warrick behind her. She still needed to get away from Trey… and she wasn’t far enough away.

“Sara, it’s me!” Warrick said, slowly picking up his pace when he noticed that his previous comment didn’t seem to faze her the slightest. When she continued down the sidewalk, Warrick jogged up behind her, “Sara!”

Sara finally turned around, not looking where she was going and tripping over a crack in the sidewalk. Landing on the ground, she looked up to see Warrick towering over her, kneeling down slowly beside her and offering her a hand to help her get up. “Sara…” Warrick whispered, “Are you okay…?”

Sara remained silent, slowly inching her hand toward Warrick’s as if it was an animal about to bite her.

“Sara…” Warrick slowly said. “Are you okay…?” he repeated.

“…Yeah,” Sara finally replied, bringing her hand back to her side. Nodding slowly, she said once again for reassurance, “Yeah.”

Warrick bit his lip, slowly looking down at her feet that were lying gingerly on the pavement, the bottoms no longer touching the ground revealing how torn-up they were. “Ooh…” Warrick winced, slowly lifting one of her feet into his hands. “Sara… this looks bad, girl…”

Sara slowly looked up at Warrick, wincing and feeling the pain from her feet for the first time as the adrenaline left her body.

“Sorry…” Warrick apologized as he looked her foot over. There were various cuts and scrapes and the biggest cut was in the very middle with a piece of green glass sticking out of the cut. Warrick winced once again as he observed her injuries. Damn, Sara… you were really running, weren’t you…? “Sara… this really looks pretty bad,” Warrick told her.

“…Sorry,” Sara whispered, not really knowing what else to say.

“It’s okay,” Warrick told her. “You have nothing to be sorry for… but you need to get these cleaned and bandaged,” he said. “So do you want me to take you to your place…?” he asked her. Sara just nodded. “Alright,” Warrick said, gently wrapping an arm around her shoulders and under her legs. “I’m going to pick you up and carry you to my car… you shouldn’t be walking on those feet right now,” he told her, starting to walk back down the sidewalk.

“Thanks…” Sara quietly said, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck and resting her head against his chest. “I really appreciate it, Warrick…”

“No problem,” Warrick told her. “It’s no trouble…” No trouble at all. Walking back down the sidewalk leading to his car, he looked down at Sara every now and then to make sure she was still okay and comfortable for that matter. He smiled a little when he noticed that she had closed her eyes and was probably drifting to sleep. He knew that was good, because she must’ve worn herself out running away from the club physically, and he was sure she must be exhausted mentally.

About to reach into his pocket to retrieve his keys, Warrick frowned when he determined what it was he was going to have to do in order to do so. Normally this wouldn’t have been a very hard thing to do… actually, normally he probably would’ve been all over it, but… considering what just happened to Sara Warrick didn’t think touching her where he was going to have to touch her was going to help her feel better.

“Sara… I need to get my keys out of my pocket,” he told her. “Can you…?”

Sara just nodded slowly, reaching into his front pocket and handing him his car keys.

“Thanks,” Warrick told her, quickly unlocking the passenger’s side door and beginning to set her inside as gently and as carefully as possible. Sara squeezed his neck a little tighter, hesitating before she finally let go. Making sure her feet didn’t bump against anything, he set her down and grabbed a towel he had in the backseat and placed it under her feet. “If you want to wipe off some of the… blood…” he frowned, “From your feet, just use that towel,” he told her, closing the door and jogging around to the driver’s seat.

Sara buckled herself in as Warrick sat down in the car beside her. In a way Warrick felt a bit strange being the driver with Sara in the car. Normally she was so aggressive about those things and practically took his hand off as she snatched the keys from his hands. Smiling just a little, Warrick put the keys in the ignition and immediately cursed when deafening hip-hop music blared through the speakers. “Shit!” Warrick mumbled, reaching over and hitting the eject button on the CD player. “Sorry…” he mumbled, feeling a bit embarrassed.

Sara looked over at Warrick, well aware of the redness that was flushing his cheeks. Unable to hide her smile, Sara burst out laughing.

Warrick quickly shot his head to the right. “What?” he asked, a small grin creeping around the corners of his mouth.

“Nothing, Home Dawg, just drive,” Sara grinned, turning to look out the window.

Warrick just laughed, pulling out from his parking space. “I’m going to pretend you didn’t just say that,” he told her, shooting her a smile, “Because that sounds strange coming out of your mouth.”

Sara just smiled, looking out the window as he headed toward her apartment complex. She had momentarily forgotten about what had just happened to her in the club. The stinging and burning sensation along the places Trey had touched her had suddenly disappeared, and… Sara could only wonder if it was because Warrick had inadvertently touched her in those same places as he carried her toward his car. There was something calming about Warrick, and she actually felt the safest she had ever felt during all her time in Vegas whenever she was around him.

“Alright, we’re here,” Warrick said as they pulled up in the parking lot of her apartment complex. “Let me come around and get you, okay?” Warrick asked.

“Okay,” Sara immediately replied, looking down at the floor. She was actually looking forward to Warrick picking her up. She liked the feeling of Warrick… his warmth, his scent, his… everything.

Closing the driver’s door Warrick got out and walked around to the passenger’s side door, opening it and unbuckling Sara. Holding his arms out to her, Sara linked her own around his neck as he hoisted her up into his arms. Closing the door, he headed into the hallway of the apartment complex, looking down at Sara. “Which one’s yours?” he asked her.

“Right over there,” Sara said, pointing to a door around the corner. “Number 23; there’s a spare key under the mat.”

Warrick just nodded a they arrived at the right door and he maneuvered his body in such a way so as to be able to bend down in order to retrieve the key, but not having to set Sara down on the pavement in the process. After getting the key, Warrick let out a sigh as he unlocked the door, slowly moving through the doorway and closing it behind him.

“This is nice,” Warrick observed, heading into the living room to set Sara down on the couch.

“Thanks,” Sara smiled as he set her down on the couch.

“Where’s your first-aid kit?” Warrick asked her, brushing his hands against his pants.

”Bathroom, down the hall,” Sara directed, pointing to the hallway behind her.

Well that was obvious, Warrick thought to himself, nodding as he headed down the hallway. Walking into the bathroom, Warrick kneeled down and opened the cabinet under the sink, spotting the white kit behind some soaps and… other… things. Walking out of the bathroom, Warrick set the kit down on the coffee table and headed into the kitchen to wash his hands.

Sara looked down at her feet, for the first time realizing how torn-up they really were. When she was running- when the carnage her feet sustained took place- she wasn’t thinking about anything else other than getting away from that club. There was dried blood on the tops of her feet and she didn’t bother checking to see what the bottom of her feet looked like… she could tell Warrick was right when he said it was pretty bad.

“Alright…” Warrick sighed, heading back into the living room. Sitting down in a lounge chair across from Sara, he gently lifted her left leg up into his lap, opening the first-aid kit and immediately slid his hand inside for the pair of latex gloves.

Sara cleared her throat, shooting Warrick a small smile.

“Oh…” Warrick said, noticing for the first time that he had the gloves already half-way on his hands. “Sorry, habit…” he told her, returning the smile. Setting them aside, Warrick grabbed a small bottle of rubbing alcohol and some cotton swabs from the kit, also grabbing a pair of tweezers to remove the small pieces of glass and other things sticking out of her feet. “So how much did you get this place for…?” he asked her, trying to make conversation as he knew the next few moments were going to be painful ones for her.

“Not too, too much,” Sara said, wincing as he rubbed some alcohol over the biggest cut in the middle of her foot.

Warrick just nodded, grabbing the pair of tweezers from the kit and slowly moving her foot into a different angle. “I’m going to get the glass out, okay…?” Warrick asked. “Squeeze my hand if it hurts,” he told her, holding his hand out to her. Sara immediately took his hand even before the tweezers had grabbed onto the piece of glass lodged in her wound. Warrick winced himself as he felt Sara squeezing his hand as hard as she could as he took the glass out of her foot. “Okay, I’m done, that was the worst one,” Warrick told her. “The glass is out… no more Mr. Tweezers,” he assured her, shooting her a small smile.

“Thank god,” Sara sighed in relief, still not letting go of his hand just yet. “Would you mind if I take a shower…?” she asked him, realizing that it was sort of strange asking him that in her own home.

“Yeah, go ahead,” Warrick told her. “And I’ll finish up when you come out. Do you want me to carry you?”

Sara slowly shook her head, getting to her feet and putting her weight on her heels so as not to hurt herself further. “…Thanks Warrick,” she told him, shooting him a smile. “For everything.”

Warrick just smiled. “No problem, Sara. Go get cleaned up,” he told her, motioning toward the bathroom.

Sara just nodded, limping toward the bathroom, and she couldn’t help but smile when Warrick lifted her into his arms despite her previous comment that she didn’t need help.

3. Tini

Tini Lab Technician

Great new chapter hun.

Letting Warrick carry her around is one of your favorites, isn`it? :lol: I just hope one day he will carry her to bed. :devil:

Keep going, loved it. :)

4. melbel

melbel Pathologist

sweet

5. Cordelia_GRS_Fan

Cordelia_GRS_Fan CSI Level Two

Awwww. Warrick is such a sweetheart! That Trey was such a dumbass! :eek:

And...are anyone else's feet tingling now? Or is it just me...?

As usual, I don't even need to say it - amazing chapers. Loved loved loved them :D

Xx Mia-Sara xX

6. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Aww, thanks guys :) Tini, yes, I love having Warrick carry Sara around :p I also really like pinning people to walls in my stories (preferably Sara :lol:) Tini, this isn't smut, but... ;)

New chapter!

“Are you going to sit and watch me?” Sara laughed as Warrick hoisted her up into his muscular arms.

“Maybe,” Warrick replied, setting her down on the collapsed toilet-seat cover. Immediately blushing after his statement, he cleared his throat and pulled the shower curtain aside, reaching into the shower and turning the faucets. “I’ll, uh… just get this ready for you.”

“Thanks,” Sara said. She couldn’t help but notice that as he leaned inside the shower to get it ready for her his jacket and shirt were getting soaked with bathwater. “Here…” Sara offered, slowly sliding his jacket off of his shoulders. When he turned and looked at her she smiled a little, “You were… getting wet,” she explained.

“Oh,” Warrick said, his mind still trying to register that Sara was taking off some of his clothes. Stop it. She’s confused right now, and hurt. Don’t lead her on. “Thanks,” he told her, moving out of the way so she could get in the shower. “How does that feel?” he asked, motioning toward the shower-head and the stream of water pouring down from it.

“It’s nice, thank you,” Sara told him, holding her hand underneath it. Slowly and carefully getting to her feet, Sara was about to tug her dress up over her head when she remembered that Warrick was standing in the room. “Uh…” Sara coughed, “Could, you uh…?”

“Oh! Right…” Warrick said, quickly turning around and heading out the door. “I’ll just be in the living room if you need… anything…” he trailed off, stepping outside and closing the door behind him.

Sara just nodded once the door was closed and quickly stripped herself of all her clothing (which wasn’t hard considering how little she was actually wearing), stepping inside the shower and hoping- praying- that any other little shards of glass that may be lodged in her feet didn’t just press in even further. She was still in pain, but the water was making her feel considerably better. The temperature was just right and she pulled the shower curtain back in place, letting the water pour down over her head.

Part of her couldn’t help but wonder if the water was only making her feel better because Warrick had turned it on. No, that’s ridiculous, she quickly reasoned. It’s not like the man has magic hands.

…Right?

Just outside the door, Warrick was pacing back-and-forth, rubbing his chin in thought. He had a lot on his mind right now- the bastard of a piano player still probably at the club waving and letting the audience kiss his ass, Sara’s injuries and how he was going to bandage them… it was a lot to think about. He couldn’t stand that such a thing was able to happen to his friend without him being aware of it until it was too late. He wanted to wring the man by his neck and try to do anything to make Sara feel better.

He couldn’t imagine how… dirty and violated must feel at the moment. Personally nothing had ever happened to Warrick that made him feel that sort of discomfort. Sure, he had gotten into some things that had caused him discomfort and pain and hurt…when he was younger, he was involved in a lot of fist-fights here and there with the kids in his neighborhood; the kids who only saw two colors, black and white. But that was physical anguish, Warrick thought. The sort of pain Sara was feeling was not the result of a black eye or bruised arm, despite the cuts on her feet.

Warrick knew that her cut-up feet were probably the least of her worries right now. She was feeling mental pain, not physical pain. Sara was all alone here in Vegas; everyone else at the lab had each other, but Sara didn’t have any family and she was still making amends with everyone she worked with. She didn’t really have anyone, and so he knew that only made dealing with this whole situation even tougher for her.

…And somewhere along Warrick’s train-of-thought, even though he was trying his hardest not to, there was the little voice that kept reminding him that Sara- a very wet and naked Sara- was behind the door just in front of him.

“Damn it,” Warrick muttered. She was hurt, he tried to remind himself. So that meant no flirting, no… anything! He was going to help her bandage her feet, and then help her get situated in her bed and then let her sleep. Wait… Sara’s bed… at Sara’s apartment… with Sara…

For god’s sake! Warrick wanted to scream.

This was going to be difficult.

Well this sucked, Sara knew. She could barely lean herself over to reach the soap in the soap-dish because she had to arch her foot to do so. She could barely wash the cuts on her knees for obvious reasons. She could barely even wash the easy parts of her body because she was so tired and achy. And why she felt tired and achy, Sara didn’t really know. Sure, her feet ached, but… her entire body felt that way. But then she remembered that she hadn’t really gotten the greatest night’s sleep the night before, and she had run like a bat out of hell to get out of the club only to trip over a crack in the sidewalk and tumbled to the ground. The cold, hard ground.

With a groan, Sara thought about what she was going to do. Well, really, she had three choices: try and clean herself up anyways despite the pain it caused her aching body, just get out of the shower and go to sleep, or… call Warrick in and ask him to help her finish getting cleaned-up. No, that third one was ridiculous! Warrick was her friend, but Sara was pretty sure that having to come into her bathroom and help her finish up her shower because her bloody-and-cut-up feet hurt too much for her to do it on her own wasn’t included in the contract. She didn’t want him to have to do that.

But she was filthy. She felt filthy and she knew she was. She had taken a dive onto the cold Vegas pavement along the street which had to be one of the dirtiest surfaces man had ever step foot on. She was pretty sure she had landed in gum… among other disgusting and repulsive things she didn’t want to even want to think about staying on her body for an extended period of time. And she could get sick, she thought, or a cut or cut(s) could get infected, and she wasn’t willing to take that risk.

But Sara still didn’t want to ask Warrick! Well, a part of her was actually looking quite forward to it, but the other rational side of her was telling her not to bug him for a favor this fantastically outrageous. She didn’t like feeling dependent on other people because it made her feel weak; Sara didn’t want to feel like the helpless princesses in the fairytales that couldn’t save themselves let alone cut her own meat without a servant or savior there to help and protect them. But this wouldn’t make her weak, she assured herself. She really was hurt, and Warrick was her friend, so he would help her, right…? Friends would do anything for their own friends.

So reluctantly- and a bit excitedly (though Sara denied that she was)- Sara called Warrick’s name over the sound of the running water that was currently serving no purpose other than reentering the pipes system as it receded into the drains at the moment.

Outside, Warrick nearly jumped when he heard Sara call his name. Poised and ready to leap at anything and anyone that might pose a threat to Sara inside her bathroom, Warrick immediately sprung into action. “Sara?” he quickly asked his hand already on the doorknob. “Sara, what’s going on? Are you okay?” he said, turning the knob and throwing the door wide open.

The next few moments were more than awkward for Warrick Brown and Sara Sidle. Awkward didn’t even begin to cover it.

Sara had pulled open the shower curtain to let some of the steam escape as she didn’t expect Warrick to actually come inside, let alone open the door. Expecting him to reply from outside the door, Sara was more than a little surprised when he was standing- wide-eyed- in the doorway of her bathroom, staring at her standing in the shower looking just as dumbfounded as he did.

“…Oh!” Warrick said, quickly turning away. “I’m so sorry, Sara!” he told her, throwing his arms across his face and shutting his eyes tightly, trying to get any and all images of Sara’s sopping-wet naked body out of his mind.

Sara turned bright red, wrapping the shower curtain tightly around herself in attempt to cover up her body. Looking down at the floor bashfully, she swallowed hard. Did he see me? I think he saw me!

“W…What did you need, Sara…?” Warrick thought. Well she definitely wasn’t going to tell him now that he had barged right in on her in her own private bathroom, he thought. Damn it, he was an idiot. This was her home, her four walls of comfort and security. She should be able to bathe in peace without becoming a stunning figure of sex appeal! She had just been touched- touched in the crudest and inappropriate manner- by someone she had trusted. That was just about as bad as rape, he knew, and he had just walked in on her while she was trying to rid her body of those memories!

“Uh, I…uh…” Sara stuttered, turning to look at the white tile of her shower. “I… needed help…” she murmured.

“Help…?” Warrick asked. “Help with what…?”

“I… I can’t really… wash myself,” Sara sighed. “I… I’m too achy,” she admitted. Now she wasn’t that embarrassed that he had seen her naked body, she as more embarrassed that she couldn’t finish her own shower by herself. Sara wasn’t feeling any discomfort at the thought that Warrick had seen her naked, actually… well, not any discomfort that normally anyone who had just been through what she had endured would be feeling at the moment. She didn’t feel betrayed… or any more violated than she already did. She actually thought it was a little cute how shy he looked now.

“…Do you want me to help you?” Warrick asked, before he was able to stop himself.

“…Could you?” Sara asked. “Just… maybe my back? The shower is a tub, too, so if I just sit down I should be able to wash everything… else…” she blushed.

“…Sure,” Warrick said. “Do you need me to help you sit down?”

“Could you?” Sara replied to Warrick’s surprise.

“Uh…sure,” Warrick said, turning around and heading over to Sara, trying his hardest not to look at her. He didn’t feel uncomfortable, per say, he just felt like he was violating her personal space. And okay, he did feel uncomfortable. Sara was… a very attractive woman, and now she was standing in front of him, naked…

“Okay, I’m going to try and sit down now,” Sara told Warrick, bringing him out of his thoughts. Turning her back toward him, Sara grabbed onto the sides of the shower for support as she slowly lowered her body down to the foot of the shower. When she was about half-way down and Warrick was beginning to relax a bit more, she slipped.

No one exactly knew what happened next.

Sara slipped on a small chunk of soap that had sunk to the bottom of the shower and fell backwards. Before her back could make contact with the edge of the tub/shower, Warrick grabbed under her arms to avoid her getting hurt anymore than she already was. In doing so, though, Warrick fell backwards and lost his balance, tripping over a small ruffle in the rug he had been standing on. Following Warrick was Sara of whom he was still holding her arms with his hands. As he tumbled to the floor she landed right on top of him, flipping herself around as she tried to register what had just happened.

Before Warrick was able to start bombarding Sara with apologies and how this whole thing was his fault, and how he should be going so she could rest in peace, Sara had pressed her lips against his. Warrick’s eyes widened as he tried to figure out what she was doing. He was in Sara’s apartment… with Sara- a very wet and naked Sara- on top of him, and now she was kissing him…?

Warrick slowly got to his feet, pulling Sara up with him. As much as he wanted to, Warrick knew they shouldn’t be doing this. Because kissing generally led to something else... You didn’t have to be a rocket scientist to be able to do the math. Sara was still hurt and he didn’t want to do this when she was in such a state, not after what had just happened to her. “Sara…” he mumbled, gently trying to push her away from him. “Sara… we can’t do this…”

“Why…?” Sara whispered.

“Because… you’re confused…” Warrick told her. “After what just happened… I—“

“Warrick, I want to…” Sara whispered. “I’m not confused… and I know what I want,” she told him. “And I want to love you…” she whispered, slowly wrapping her arms around his neck.

“I…do, too,” Warrick whispered, slowly pressing his lips to hers again. He felt her legs wrapping themselves around his back as they slowly made their way out of the bathroom, heading down to the bedroom.

For the next hour, any doubts in Warrick and Sara’s minds about this whole thing were relieved. As they twisted and turned and curled up in each other wrapped and tangled in the bed sheets, they realized just how much they needed and loved each other. Any and all thoughts of the piano man were put to bed for the moment as they indulged themselves in each other.

And when it was over, the places that tingled before on Sara’s body before no longer tingled with discomfort or pain; they tingled with happiness and pleasure.

7. Gloomy

Gloomy Witness

wow >_< sweet scene
    I wish I could write something very well as yours.
    I'm just a new fan, and my first language isn't English. However your fic is sooo impressive!! And of course, I'm waiting for the new chapter :)

8. Cordelia_GRS_Fan

Cordelia_GRS_Fan CSI Level Two

Awwwwwww!!!.....AWWWWWW! I loved it!! It was about time for them lol! Again, I totally love your writing!! More!! :D

lovelove
    Xx Mia-Sara xX

9. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Thanks guys :) Here's a new chapter!

Warrick awoke that morning only to be blinded by a single ray of light shining in through the blinds near the window in the bedroom. Squinting, Warrick looked down at Sara who didn’t seem to be awake yet, and he smiled when he remembered he had fallen asleep with his arms linked around her waist. Contemplating moving or not for fear of waking her, Warrick made his decision when the annoying ray of light shined in his eyes once again.

Slowly scooting his body closer to the edge of the bed, Warrick slowly removed his arms from around her waist, thinking he was home-free until he felt Sara’s hands wrap around his own, stilling them from movement. “You better not be thinking about moving,” Sara mumbled.

Warrick chuckled. “I was just going to shut the blinds. The light’s blinding me,” he explained, removing his arms and getting to his feet, raising his arms above his head to stretch.

Sara smiled, slowly sitting up and keeping the sheets wrapped around her. “Well, I suppose you could do that.”

“Yeah, thanks,” Warrick said quickly shutting the blinds and walking back around to the other end of the bed. Crawling back under the covers, he leaned against the headboard and held his arms open to Sara. “You were saying?” he asked with a grin.

Sara smiled and crawled into his lap. His arms quickly re-attached themselves around her waist and he rested his head against hers, leaning forward and kissing the back of her head. Slowly his mouth moved down to her neck and Sara giggled. “Cut it out, Warrick, that tickles,” she told him.

“Oh it does, does it…?” Warrick mumbled.

“Yes it does,” Sara smiled.

“Is that a bad thing…?” Warrick asked, gently nibbling on her earlobe.

Sara was about to speak but instead let out a low moan. “You’re a jerk, you know that, right…?” she mumbled.

”But a loveable jerk,” Warrick said with a grin.

“I am so going to get back at you…” Sara mumbled, closing her eyes at the sensation of Warrick’s warm mouth on her skin.

“You are…?” Warrick whispered into her ear, letting his warm breath tickle her neck.

“Y-Yes I am,” Sara whispered, feeling a shiver run up her spine.

“How…?” Warrick whispered, a teasing hand slowly sliding up her arm.

“…Why would I tell you? I want to surprise you,” Sara managed to get out as her body threatened to start trembling violently. Oh, I WILL get you back, Warrick Brown!

Warrick just smiled as his hand slid up to her collarbones and paused suddenly. Sara whimpered, wanting desperately for him to move his hand once again, and let out a small sigh of relief when she noticed his other hand beginning to move. “Hey Sara…” Warrick mumbled.

“What…?” Sara whispered.

“I’ve got your nose,” he whispered into her ear. Before Sara could even begin to wonder by he would say such a thing, Warrick’s other hand lightly grabbed onto her nose and he moved it away, keeping his hand in a fist. With a chuckle Warrick slid out from underneath Sara, leaping off the bed and running out of the room.

“You did not!” Sara yelled, unable to hide the uncontrollable smile that found its way onto her face. “That was just plain cruel, Warrick Brown!” she called after him, getting out of bed to chase after him. That proved to be a mistake. The second Sara moved her foot she felt a stinging sensation coming from the bottom of her foot that traveled up through her legs. Wincing, she slowly sunk to the floor against the foot of the bed, sitting on the floor wrapped in the bed sheets.

“Hey, you don’t want your nose?” Warrick teased, poking his back in the room when he realized that she hadn’t chased after him. Looking at her sunken to the floor with her feet bottom-side-up, he quickly mentally slapped himself in the face. He had forgotten all about her feet. “Damn it, I’m sorry, Sara,” he told her, walking over to her and kneeling down beside her. “I forgot all about your feet,” he explained, slowly picking one of her feet up for inspection. “Here, you, uh… can have your nose back,” he said with a small smile.

Sara just laughed, snatching back her invisible nose from Warrick’s fist. “So what’s the verdict?” she asked him, noticing him studying her feet like a piece of evidence.

“Well… all the glass looks to be out,” he told her. “So that’s good. But you’ve still got a lot of cuts and scrapes that, uh… I don’t believe we got to bandage last night,” he grinned.

“No, I think we were a little preoccupied,” Sara returned the grin, wincing when he brushed his fingers against a particularly sensitive cut in the middle of her foot.

“Sorry,” Warrick apologized. “Let me go get the first-aid kit from the living room and I’ll bandage these up for you,” he told her, getting to his feet and walking out of the room. Heading down the hallway, Warrick couldn’t help but smile as he noticed all the pictures hanging on the walls were perfectly straight and each the same distance away from each other as the last. When he arrived in the living room Warrick kneeled down and gathered up the first-aid kit, making a quick stop in the kitchen to grab a small bowl and fill it with water.

When Warrick walked into the hallway to head back to Sara with everything he needed, including a washcloth he took from the hallway closet, he couldn’t help but stop for a minute when he noticed that Sara had started humming. She was humming the song she had sang at the club the night before, which reminded Warrick that he needed to do something about that bastard of a piano player. But… as much as Warrick wanted to smash the guy’s head in, at the moment all he could think of was Sara.

He never thought that he would end up really being in a steady relationship with Sara, because when she first came to Vegas, truth be told Warrick didn’t think Sara was the type of person he would get along with. And… she wasn’t going to be coming in on the best circumstances, either, Warrick thought. She was going to have to investigate him in the murder of one of their CSIs, so that had sort of automatically put Sara on the list of his least favorite people then. But now Warrick realized that labeling her the second she came to Vegas was one of the dumbest things he had ever done, because Sara had to be the best thing that had ever happened to him.

And with that thought in mind, all Warrick wanted to do now was wrap her in his arms and never let go.

Ever.

He wasn’t going to lose her, and he wasn’t going to let anything or anyone hurt her or take her away from him.

Immediately dropping everything in his arms, including the (luckily plastic) bowl of water he had gotten, Warrick rushed into the bedroom, feeling tears stinging at his eyes.

“Warrick…?” Sara asked as she immediately stopped humming, her eyes widening when she took in his appearance. “Warrick, what’s wrong…?” she whispered. “Are you okay?”

Warrick bent down and scooped Sara up into his arms, wrapping one arm tightly around her back and the other securely around her waist. Sitting down in the same spot she had, he cradled her in his lap, burying his face against her head.

“Warrick…” Sara whispered, slowly turning her head to look over at him. Steady streaks of tears were running down his face as he took a deep breath, his face still buried in her hair.

Warrick slowly shook his head, holding Sara even tighter for fear that she would leave him. Taking another deep breath, he relaxed considerably once he recognized her scent. Slowly he loosened his arms around her, but kept her sitting in his lap.

“Warrick, I’m right here…” Sara whispered, brushing away the tears that were running down his cheeks with her thumbs. “I’m right here, and I’m not going anywhere, ever…” she told him, resting her head against his shoulder and wrapping her arms around his neck. “I promise…”

“I don’t want to ever lose you,” Warrick whispered. “And I swear I’ll kill anyone that ever hurts you. No, I won’t even let them come near you,” he amended. “And that piano player… is going to regret the day he ever set eyes on you.”

Sara couldn’t help but smile just a little, “My knight in shining armor.”

Warrick looked up at her, laughing a little as he dried his eyes. “Well, you happen to be a damsel in distress,” he told her. “I don’t want to let go of you… but I suppose I should bandage up your feet and clean up the mess I made in the hallway, huh?” he asked with a smile.

Sara put a hand to her chin, tilting her head in thought. “There is one other option…” she mused.

“Oh?” Warrick asked, raising an eyebrow. “And what’s that?”

“Onward!” Sara laughed as Warrick carried her into the kitchen on his back.

“Hey, I’m going as fast as I can,” Warrick grinned. “Keep your arms around me or you’ll fall and that’s the last thing we want to have happen.”

“Yes, Sir,” Sara said firmly, wrapping both her arms and legs around him.

Warrick just laughed as he filled up the same bowl with more water. “Okay, so now I think we can go fix your feet,” he smiled as he carried her toward the bedroom.

“Whoopee!” Sara said with a giggle, leaning her head on his shoulder.

Warrick just started laughing. “You’re cheerful today,” he told her, walking into the bedroom and gently setting her down on the bed. “Your laugh is cute,” he smiled, tapping her nose with his index finger.

Sara felt her cheeks flush, turning a light shade of red.

Warrick laughed again, sitting down across from her on the bed. “Yup, definitely cute,” he told her, setting the first-aid kit down in his lap. “Alright… so rubbing alcohol…” Sara cringed, “Gauzes… cotton balls and water to help take the sting away,” he said, putting everything down on the bed in separate piles. Looking up at Sara, he smiled apologetically. “I know, it doesn’t sound like fun,” he told her. “But it’ll be over soon,” he assured her.

“And then you’re giving me a backrub,” Sara mumbled, laying down and lifting one of her feet into his lap.

Warrick laughed. “I don’t remember that being part of the deal.”

“It is now,” Sara smiled.

Warrick pouted and then started laughing when Sara shot him a puppy-dog-eye look. “Alright, deal,” he smiled, dabbing one of the cotton balls in the bottle of rubbing alcohol. “And I’m going to be looking forward to that foot rub you’re going to give me afterwards.”

Sara raised an eyebrow. “Not gonna happen, Brown.”

Warrick laughed. “Alright, alright, fair enough,” he told her. “Okay, this is going to sting,” he told her, motioning to the cotton ball in his hand. Putting his free hand on her leg, he gently brushed his thumb against her skin as he began to dab her cuts with the alcohol. Sara let out a hiss of pain, shutting her eyes tightly and gritting her teeth, willing her body to stay still. “Hey…” Warrick whispered. “Shh… its okay, you’re doing well,” he encouraged her.

Once the cut was clean, Warrick took the washcloth he had gotten from the closet and soaked it in the bowl of ice cold water he had filled from the kitchen to help soothe the pain if not even numb it a little bit. “Okay, now this is going to be cold,” he told Sara as another warning, gently pressing the cloth against her foot.

Sara sighed, her body relaxing as the pain began to go away. “That feels good…”

“I’m glad,” Warrick smiled. “I’ll bandage your feet once all the cuts are cleaned, and then I’ll give you your backrub, and then you can give me my foot rub…” he laughed when Sara threw him a look. “And then…” he trailed off.

“And then…?” Sara prompted.

Warrick bit his lip, trying to figure out how he was going to say this. “Sara… I… really want to go deal with that piano player. I don’t want you ever near him or that place again.”

Sara frowned, looking over at him as he dabbed her foot with more rubbing alcohol, the pain seemingly disappearing. “Warrick… I have to go back. I can’t just quit this job.”

“Why not, Sara?” Warrick asked, not quite understanding what she was saying. She had just been molested by the man, possibly even more than once as far as Warrick knew, and now she was going to go back to the same place it had all happened and possibly have it happen again…?

“…It’s my diversion,” Sara finally said.

Warrick stopped in mid-rub on her foot, looking up at her with a confused look. “’Diversion’…?”

Sara just nodded, sighing as she closed her eyes. “The case that Nick, Grissom and I were working- you know the one with Jane…” Sara slowly shook her head, “Pam,” she corrected herself. “Pamela Adler?”

“Yeah, I heard about that,” Warrick nodded, “Sounded like a tough case. But you caught the guy, didn’t you?”

“But that’s just it, Warrick,” Sara said, shaking her head. “He’s going to be out of juvie in 48 months, she’s brain-dead, and there’s nothing we can do about it.”

“…Sara, you did your job,” Warrick told her. “It’s not your job to take people out of vegetative states…” he trained to explain.

Sara just sighed, slowly sitting up and leaning against the headboard. “I know, and… I’m sorry. See? This is exactly what I mean…” she mumbled.

“About what…?” Warrick questioned.

“…I was looking through the missing-persons database to try and ID her,” Sara told him, “The kid’s DNA was in CODIS, and we had no other way of identifying the victim. Grissom came in, and… he told me that I needed to get a diversion.”

“I don’t… understand,” Warrick said.

“He told me that I can’t get too close to the victims,” Sara explained, “And he told me that if I don’t get a diversion, I’ll burn out because I won’t be able to continue coping with the things we see everyday…” Sara whispered. “Warrick, I can’t let that happen, I just can’t burn out. This job… is going to be hard to find anywhere else again,” she explained. “It’s the only thing I have to get away from work…” she said.

Warrick nodded slowly, a frown tugging at the corners of his mouth. Gris… why did you say that? You know that Sara’s work is everything to her…

“That is except for you of course,” Sara said, shooting him a small smile.

“But I may be working when you’re off,” Warrick frowned. And then it dawned on him- her partner was a piano player. It wasn’t like he had never played the piano before! Now he was mentally thanking his grandmother for forcing him to piano lessons when he was kid. “Say, Sara…”

“Huh…?” Sara asked.

“Your partner is a piano player,” he told her, “And I happen to know how to play the piano…”

Sara’s face slowly brightened. “So you could… be my partner?”

“Exactly,” Warrick smiled, “All you have to do is pick a song and I’ll play right along to it. It’ll be good for both of us.” And I’ll kill that man if he says otherwise.

Sara let out a squeal of glee as she jumped toward Warrick on the bed, wrapping her arms tightly around his mid-section. Warrick just laughed as he slowly lifted Sara up, setting her down in his lap. “Thanks, Warrick,” Sara smiled. I wouldn’t like anything more than that.

“No problem, Sara,” Warrick smiled. “Now how about I finish bandaging up your feet and then we can pick a song?”

“Don’t forget about my backrub,” Sara reminded him, lying back down on the bed.

“…And my foot rub,” Warrick said, laughing as Sara threw a pillow at him.

10. Gloomy

Gloomy Witness

ay! things got sweeter and more sweeter :D
    can't wait for the next chapter ^_^

11. melbel

melbel Pathologist

sweet more when u can

12. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Thanks guys :) I'll try and write a new chapter soon! I'm still working out some of the details and I might have a lot going on next week, but I'll try and update ASAP!

13. Jenn12597

Jenn12597 Police Officer

Just found this story... And I am loving it.... I am such a Swarrick fan... Can not wait to read the next chapter...

14. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Thanks so much, guys :) I had a hard time writing this next chapter because I wanted to throw my computer out the window. I hate Trey :lol:

Scent triggered memory, and Warrick Brown found that out the hard way. Her scent was intoxicating; her scent meant that she was nearby, and her being nearby meant that he could just reach out and touch her… kiss her, hold her… love her. The faint hint of vanilla and cherry blossom made him think of laying tangled in the bed-sheets with her, it made him think of that one night; that one perfect night. How beautiful she was, how… wonderful her whole was; how he felt as though he were suffocating and the only thing keeping him from cheating death was her lips.

But every time he set eyes on her, it was rare that he didn’t feel the need to ravish her right then and there.

He thought it a bit silly to have grown to need her so, but ever since that night he could not shake this feeling of needing, wanting. He loved this woman more than anything or anyone else in the world, and he would be goddamned if anyone ever took her away from him or did something to hurt her. He would shield her with his life; he would run in the way of bullets, jump in the path of knives, anything to ensure that she was safe.

Everything about her drove him to the brink of insanity. Her voice was heavenly; to him it was if an angel was singing the Hallelujah chorus. Her smile sent shivers down his spine that tickled his nerves like live wires, sending electricity throughout his body like a bolt of lightning. Her eyes were the pathway to her soul, the core of his desire and lust for her. He loved her nose, her lips, her everything.

And there was also something about her that made him feel like a virgin on prom night, something that made him feel weak at the knees. And for god’s sake, he told himself, he wasn’t a giddy schoolgirl who had just been asked to the dance, he was a grown man in his thirties, fully capable of handling these emotions. At least that was what he thought. The emotions and thoughts he was experiencing were overwhelming. He had never felt this way about anyone in his life before and it was a bit intimidating.

But for Sara, he was willing to take the risk.

Looking at himself in the mirror, he fixed his tie with a sigh, smoothing out a few strands of hair on his head with the palm of his hand. Straightening out his shirt sleeves, he decided that he was ready after a few minor touch-ups and a spray of cologne; the cologne she liked.

He nearly jumped when he saw her emerge from the doorway. She looked absolutely gorgeous; a long black dress (longer than the one she had found in her closet, Warrick made sure of that), hair fixed and kept together in a clip behind her head. He turned around and watched her head over to her dresser and grab something before she dashed back into the bathroom to finish getting ready.

He watched her for a moment as she looked at herself in the mirror, trying to make sure that she was presentable. Oh, she was so much more than that, Warrick thought. She took the cap off of a tube of lipstick and applied a dark red color, keeping her eyes trained on the mirror to take sure she didn’t mess up and end up looking like a tribal member who tried to conjure up evil spirits. She nearly jumped when she felt arms snake around her waist, stilling her from movement.

“Damn, Sara…” Warrick whispered, resting his head in the crook of her neck from behind her.

“Warrick,” Sara said in a teasing tone.

“You look beautiful,” Warrick whispered into her ear.

“Why thank you…” Sara smiled, “You look very handsome.”

“Do you have any idea what you’re doing to me…?” Warrick mumbled, gently trailing tender, sweet kisses along her neck.

“Mmm… I have an idea,” Sara mumbled, closing her eyes at the sensation of Warrick’s warm mouth on her skin. “Can’t you at least wait until after the performance…?”

“I don’t know if I can…” Warrick whispered, gently nibbling just under her earlobe and then smoothing the skin over with his tongue. He still wanted to explore every part of her body, taste every part of her.

“Warrick…” Sara groaned, wrapping her arms around his neck and pressing her lips to his. “Later…” she whispered, “We’re going to be late…”

“Then let’s not go…” Warrick mumbled, slowly moving his hands down to her waist.

“As appetizing as you’re making that sound…” Sara mumbled back as their lips stayed together, “We’ve already blown them off once…” she offered a small smile.

“Alright…” Warrick finally said, letting out a defeated sigh. “And then it’s straight home,” he told her, shooting her a grin.

Sara laughed. “Deal,” she told him, walking out of the bathroom to grab her purse.

I love you, Sara, Warrick thought, and if anyone so much as looks at you a certain way I’ll make sure that they never do it again… I love you, and I swear I’m going to protect you. And then Warrick remembered the piano player, well, Trey, as Sara said the man’s name was. Warrick felt a small flame of anger growing bigger and bigger deep inside of him, like someone had started a bonfire in his soul and kept adding dry grass to the pile. Anger flashed in his eyes and he gritted his teeth so he wouldn’t let out an explicative under his breath.
    “Come on, Warrick!” Sara called from the kitchen.

Warrick frowned to himself, walking out from her bedroom and heading into the kitchen to meet back up with Sara.

“You ready?” Sara asked him, shooting him a smile. When he just nodded and automatically headed toward the front door, she could tell that something was wrong. He was no longer smiling and he looked very stern; his eyes flashed with an emotion she hadn’t often seen on him. “Warrick… are you okay?”

“What?” Warrick blinked, looking over at Sara. “Oh… yeah, I’m cool,” he told her, holding the door open for her. Shooting her a small smile, he said, “Just thinking. After you,” he motioned outside.

“Okay…” Sara said, a small smile slowly returning to her face. “Thanks,” she told him, walking through the door and watching as he closed the door behind her, taking the spare key she had made for him and locking it up.

“Ready?” Warrick smiled, holding his hand out to her.

“Ready,” Sara smiled, taking his hand and letting him lead her toward the car.

Warrick knew that Sara was currently in a very good mood, and he didn’t want to ruin the beautiful smile on her face with his thoughts about Trey, who, in Warrick’s eyes, was a dead man if he even looked at Sara. He wasn’t going to make her nervous because he knew she was already nervous enough about going back on stage in front of a bunch of people, even though he knew she was going to do just fine. So Warrick decided that he was going to be the one to do the worrying tonight. Sara had enough to worry about, and he didn’t want to burden her by putting even more weight on her shoulders.

Warrick wondered for a moment why Sara didn’t seem nervous about going back to the club after what had happened last time. Was it because she knew Warrick was there and wouldn’t let anything happen to her, or if… she didn’t care anymore.

That’s ridiculous, Warrick thought.

Opening the passenger’s-side door for her, he helped her get inside and then ran around to the driver’s-side door. Part of him felt bad to even have to leave her unattended for the short period of time it took him to run around to his side of the car. This was ridiculous, he knew, but he wanted to protect Sara and nothing was going to get in the way of that. Working his job he had seen it all; murderers, rapists, muggers, you know name it and he had seen it. Warrick wasn’t going to let Sara become a victim.

So if it made him seen like an over-protective presidential bodyguard, so be it.

Getting in and buckling himself in, Warrick turned the car on just in time to hear Sheryl Crow fill the speakers. He couldn’t help but smile a little; he wasn’t hearing Sheryl Crow’s voice singing the song, he was hearing Sara’s voice.

“You never took that out of your CD player?” Sara asked him with a smile.

“Oh, uh, no, I’ve been listening to it in the car so I don’t forget how to play it,” he told her with a smile. “And I didn’t, so no worries,” he winked.

Sara laughed. “I wasn’t worried about that, I know you better than that,” she told him.

Sara had this healing effect on Warrick, and he didn’t know why it happened, but whenever she laughed he forgot all that ailed him and filled him with grief or other unpleasant feelings. Warrick regretted it sometimes and told her so, but always in a joking manner (one time she had laughed about a joke of Nick’s in the break room and Warrick had forgotten to change out of his smelly CSI scrubs that reeked of decomposing flesh and bodily fluids). How could he be this serious in front of Sara? You just couldn’t, Warrick thought. No one could.

Don’t worry about it, Warrick told himself, nothing’s going to happen. You’re thinking too much into things. You’ll both be just fine. Protect her, no matter what…but don’t ruin this night for her. “We’re here,” Warrick announced with a smile as they arrived at the Midnight.

“Looks busy tonight,” Sara observed, looking at all of the cars parked along the sidewalk.

“Yup,” Warrick agreed, “Big crowd tonight,” he smiled. “And I know you’ll do just fine, because have the voice of an angel.”

“Warrick, quit it…” Sara told him, feeling her cheeks flush red.

Warrick just laughed, patting her shoulder. “Come on, let’s go inside and show these people how it’s done, shall we?”

“Absolutely,” Sara smiled.

Once they were both inside the furnace (this was what Warrick used to describe the place as it was always filled with cigarette smoke), Warrick and Sara both headed to the back of the building to get ready for their performance. As Sara was about to kneel down to set up all of the equipment, Warrick scooped her up into his arms by her waist, practically lifting her up over his head.

“Warrick!” Sara laughed, saying his name the same way for about the third time now that night. She felt his hands creeping up her sides and she giggled. “Damn it, why did I tell you where I was ticklish?” she playfully teased.

“You didn’t have to tell me,” Warrick smiled, pressing his lips against her neck. “I already knew, girl. I’ve got magic hands.”

“Warrick, stop!” Sara laughed, kicking her feet back and forth. “You’re tickling me! Someone’s going to hear!”

“Then let them hear…” Warrick smiled. As Sara continued to kick in his arms, he accidentally bit down on her neck, not even realizing it being in the middle of having so much fun.

“Ow!” Sara said, slowly raising a hand up to brush against her neck. “Are you a vampire now?” she asked with a laugh.

“Sorry!” Warrick apologized. “Didn’t realize I did that,” he smiled, kissing the section on her neck that was now a small red patch of skin.

Sara just laughed as he set her down. “Sure you didn’t,” she smiled, stepping up onto the stage and purposely swaying her hips back and forth for him. Knowing that he was watching her, she turned around and laughed as she noticed him staring at her with a raised eyebrow. “Don’t get any ideas yet, Mr. Brown,” Sara smiled, propping herself up on the big black piano in the middle of the stage.

“It’s a little late for that,” Warrick grinned, taking his place at the piano bench. Cracking his knuckles, he looked up at her, “So Ms. Sidle… shall we get to this? So that I can take you home?” he asked.

Sara shot him a look before a smile broke out onto her face and she just nodded, turning herself back around to face the audience as the curtains parted.

“Well I’ll be damned,” the bartender mumbled under his breath as he watched from behind the bar counter. “Kid’s back up on stage. Well, good for you, honey.”

“Mike,” came Trey’s voice. Walking over to the bar, he said, “Have you seen Sara yet?”

“Yeah, she’s up on stage,” Mike blinked, pointing up on stage. “I thought that was you playing the piano. Did things not work out between you two?” he asked, shooting him a taunting grin.

Trey’s face quickly drained of color and he became deathly pale as he turned around to look up on stage. Biting his lip hard enough to draw blood, he balled his hands into fists. “That bitch…” he muttered.

“Trey?” Mike asked. “Sorry to say this, but you’re kind of in the way. There’s a lot of customers here,” he explained, motioning toward three men who were clawing their way to try and get in Trey’s spot.

Without so much as a nod of the head Trey stormed off, feeling fumes of anger blow from his ears like steam escaping a train whistle. Almost knocking someone as he headed around the building toward the back, he listened to Sara and Warrick up on stage, shaking his head. He could do so much better. How dare she pick someone else to perform with. He had created her; he had given her the job, and she kicked him to the curb for someone else?

Walking around and passing his office door, Trey watched from the side, keeping himself hidden in the shadows which proved to be a hard task.

How dare her.

How [/b]dare[/b] her!

Up on stage, Sara and Warrick were too lost in the moment to notice Mount Trey erupting just to the right of them and the stage. Warrick tried to stay focused on the piano but it was a bit difficult with Sara lying sprawled-out across the piano in front of him. Feeling sweat dripping from his brow, he looked up at Sara and shot her a look as his fingers continued to automatically seek out and strike the correct keys. Sara only smiled innocently at him as a response to his ‘this isn’t fair’ glare.

When the performance was finally over, which seemed to be an excruciatingly long time for poor Warrick, he tried to get off stage as quickly as he could in his haste to get Sara home. He remembered her telling him that she was going to get him back. Well, you got your revenge, Sara, Warrick thought to himself. Boy did you…

As soon as the audience’s clapping seemed to die down because they were getting tired of slamming their hands together and feeling their skin begin to chafe because of it, Warrick and Sara headed off stage. “I have to go do something,” Warrick told Sara. “Can you stay here for just a minute?”

“Sure,” Sara told him, nodding. “Go ahead. I’m just going to be unhooking the equipment.”

“Alright, I’ll see you in a minute,” Warrick told her, jogging off. Sara couldn’t help but laugh.

“Hey Sara,” came Trey’s voice in a mere whisper.

Sara jumped, looking around for the source of the voice, and felt her heart sink deep into her gut when she saw Trey come out from his office, leaving the door cracked open. “…Hi,” Sara barely managed to get out.

“Congratulations on the successful performance tonight,” Trey told her, shooting her a fake smile. His eye was twitching in anger; he was furious.

“Uh… thanks,” Sara said, kneeling down and quickly unhooking the microphones. She wanted to get out of there as quickly as she could. God, she needed Warrick, where was he…? She was scared, and she was cold. His voice was making her shudder and the look on his face that he was giving her could break a mirror.

“Why don’t you come in my office and celebrate?” Trey offered, taking one step toward her. Actually, it wasn’t just a step. It was a giant step that quickly closed the space between the two of them and brought him dangerously and uncomfortably close to her.

“That’s nice, but…” Sara swallowed, seeing his face quickly drop and his fake smile disappear. She tried to calm herself down even though it seemed a bit impossible at the moment, and told herself to choose her words carefully, “I need to get home. I have work tomorrow, and—“

“Nonsense!” Trey told her, grabbing her arm and yanking her to her feet. Sara winced as she felt his fingers hold onto her arm tightly, as if his muscles themselves were telling her that they weren’t going to let her escape. “You can come in for a drink,” he told her matter-of-factly and ushered her toward his office.

“I-I really can’t!” Sara said, almost urgently now, trying to use her other arm to keep him from pushing her into his office.

“One drink,” Trey whispered, abruptly shoving her inside and closing the door behind him. Sara almost tumbled to the floor and he silently clicked the lock from behind his back as he walked around his desk, taking a seat in his red-velvety chair. “Have a seat,” he told her, motioning to the two chairs across from him.

Sara reluctantly obeyed, taking a seat in one of the chairs as he opened up one of the drawers of his desk and removed a bottle of champagne and two glasses. “I was going to have this with you last Friday. No, the Friday before last, you blew me off last week,” he amended, as if to add insult to injury. “But you left.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t show up last week, I wasn’t feeling well,” Sara cautiously said.

“Well a call wouldn’t have hurt, would it?” Trey asked, pouring both glasses, the anger evident in his voice. Sloppily pouring the first glass, he ignored the liquid dripping down the sides of the glass as he shoved it toward her. “But all is forgiven now. Let’s just have a drink, shall we?” he asked, raising his own dripping glass.

“I’m sorry, but I really have to go,” Sara said, quickly getting to her feet and turning toward the door. It seemed like he teleported and suddenly he was in front of her, pushing her back down into the chair by her shoulders.

“Who was up on stage with you tonight?” he asked her, sitting down across from her, his hand resting on her knee. “It wasn’t me, because… well, obviously, I didn’t come into the club until later.”

“He’s a friend,” Sara said, slowly inching away from his hand for fear that it would start wandering, touching her places only Warrick could touch. “In fact, I wanted to tell you,” she said, swallowing her fear and trying to act confident. “He’s my new partner,” she said bit harshly.

Trey’s eyes immediately narrowed and he lunged forward like a tiger at its prey, grabbing a hold of her upper forearm. “What?” he hissed, his nails digging into her arm. “I am your partner.”

Sara winced, trying her hardest not to, but failing miserably.

“Tell me why this man is better than me, huh?” he asked her. “Why is that? I gave you this job, you bitch,” he whispered.

And at this moment Sara knew she was in trouble. The word ‘bitch’ obviously had not been accidentally squeezed out of his mouth, he meant it.

“Can you please hurry?” Warrick asked, back at the bar. Drumming his fingers on the counter impatiently, he sighed as he looked down at the bartender who was on his knees looking for what he requested. “Sir… I need to get home,” he said.

“I understand, Sir,” Mike told him. “But this is going to take just a minute.”

Warrick just sighed. I just wanted a bottle of wine to surprise Sara.

“Tell me why!” Trey demanded of Sara, reminding her that they were still in his office and that she wasn’t out of the woods yet.

“You… you were scaring me,” Sara whispered, looking up at him with wide, fear-filled eyes. Damn it, she thought. Why did she say that? That wasn’t going to make him any less angry, she knew, but it was the truth.

“What…?” Trey asked, grabbing onto her other arm with his free hand. “I was scaring you? What am I, the Boogeyman?” he practically screamed, shaking her back and forth.

“You were touching me!” Sara screamed back, never taking her eyes off of him for fear of what he would do. Why wasn’t Warrick coming? Couldn’t he hear her screaming? Obviously Sara had forgotten once again where they were.

“So?” Trey asked, not fazed the slightest. “You liked it, I know you did. I could see it in your eyes, you wanted me to touch you,” he whispered, slowly raising his hand up to caress her cheek.

“Don’t touch me!” Sara hissed, slapping his hand away. “I did not want you to touch me! Only Warrick can touch me!”

At that moment Sara Sidle knew that her fate was sealed.

“Warrick?” Trey incredulously asked. “Warrick?”

Sara stood up, slowly inching toward the door but keeping her eyes on Trey.

“Who the hell is that!” he screamed, jumping to his feet the moment he noticed her trying to get away. When she tried to slap him again he grabbed her arm, pulling her closer to him so that he was up in her face. “Who is he!” he repeated.

“Let go of me!” Sara screamed, trying to rip her arm away from him, but only succeeding in tightening his grip even more.

“You bitch,” Trey hissed, “I’m—“ And then something caught his attention. Normally Sara would’ve taken that opportunity to bolt for the door, but she wasn’t able to because Trey was still holding onto her. What had caught his attention was something on her. “What is this…?” he whispered, grabbing a hold of her neck and brushing her hair out of the way. Noticing the now-pink patch of skin and the tiny imprints Warrick’s teeth had left on her skin, he growled angrily. “What the HELL is this!”

Sara looked up at him helplessly, not doing anything for fear of what her actions would cause him to do.

“Huh? You’re not gonna answer me then, huh, is that it?” Trey whispered. “I know what this is, you fucking bitch!” he screamed, slapping her across the face without further warning.

Sara knew it was only a matter of moments before he was going to hit her, but when the back of his hand finally connected with her skin it was shocking. Her cheek felt like it was on fire, god it hurt!

“So did you too already get busy?” Trey asked. “Huh? Did he leave you a little love-bite? A souvenir?”

“At least he didn’t try to rape me!” Sara screamed.

Trey froze. “What…? You thought I was going to rape you?” he asked. Sara just stared at him, slowly inching toward a corner of the room in some feign hope that it was the safest. “You thought I was going to do that? Huh? Is that what you want?” he screamed, grabbing her shoulders and slamming her against the wall. “HUH?”

“No, no that’s not what I want,” Sara whispered, now shaking with terror. I want WARRICK!

“Is that what you WANT?” Trey asked again, yanking her around and shoving her to the floor. As soon as her back made contact with the floor he jumped on top of her, growling as she tried to throw him off of her. “I’m just giving it to you like you want, so stop fighting me!” he yelled, putting both hands on her shoulders and shoving her back down on the ground.

“Don’t,” Sara whispered, “Please, don’t!” Looking around the room, she noticed that he had turned the lock.

Oh god.

She was trapped.

“WARRICK!” Sara screamed as loud as she could as she heard a piece of material from her dress rip.

“Would you like a drink while you wait?” Mike asked Warrick. “On the house for making you wait so long.”

“No thanks,” Warrick sighed.

But then something caught his attention.

“…Did you hear something?”

15. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

Oh goddess! I love it! I just need to know what's going to happen! Update soon, I'm begging you!