The 'Mistake' (csi ny fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Di_Csi, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

i'm so mean lol :lol:
    I promise next chapter will be up soon!

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I hope it will :)

3. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

"What do you want now?" Lindsay said, trying to sound confident. She dropped her kit and started running back towards the crime scene.

"Not even a nice hello this time Lindsay?" the same twisted voice was talking to her again.

"You didn't answer my question, What do you want!?" 'Just keep running, I have to reach the others before he hangs up'

"I see you've found what you were looking for", the red light appeared again, now on a wall in front of Lindsay."You know you can't run from me detective, where ever you go i'll find you"

Lindsay had stopped running, looking around frantically hoping she could find the place where he was hiding. "Why me? I wasn't the only one working on that case".

The red light had moved from the wall to her chest. "Because you are just like the others.. You look so innocent when your asleep Lindsay.." This really started to scare her and she had started running again.

"HEY! Stay where you are, i'm talking to you!" Lindsay just kept running and running. A few seconds later a shot was heard..

------------------------------------------------------------

'What's taking Montana so long?'Danny wondered. Lindsay had been gone for almost 20 minutes now and he started to get a little worried.

"Hey Mac, is Lindsay back yet? She only went to grab her kit, so what's possibly taking her so long? She can't let us do all the work by ourselves, ya know" he joked.

They were almost done processing the scene, Mac looked up at Danny, it was just then that they heard the sound of a gunshot followed by a loud scream.

(I'm going to add more to this post later today, because my sister is begging me to leave the computer for almost an hour now :rolleyes: )

4. CHILI_PEPPERS

CHILI_PEPPERS Pathologist

Oh wow!! awesome update!cant wait for more!!!

5. MacsGirlMel

argh, you better post more later! I'll go after you with the pitchfork!

6. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

Danny had already started running towards the place where the gunshot came from. He went around the corner and saw Lindsay lying on the ground, cellphone still in her hand.

"Lindsay!" He quicly sat by her side. "Lindsay look at me"

Lindsay turned her head and looked at him. Her face was deathly white.

"Are you okay?" he asked while helping her to sit up. Danny looked her over and saw that thank god she hadn't been hit.

"I, i think i am..", Lindsay started "It was him. He.. he called again and.. I started running and.. and.." She started shaking uncontrolably and let out a quiet sob, before letting her tears flow.

"Hey hey, shhh, you're okay now. You're okay", Danny kissed her forehead and then pulled her into a hug. She held on to him tightly, while crying in his chest.

7. MacsGirlMel

aww, nice...update soon :)

8. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

"We've put a trace on the phonenumber the killer used to call Lindsay. And appearantly he's calling with a prepaid phone.." Mac said while sitting down in the chair behind his desk, putting a pile of files in front of him.

They were all sitting in Mac's office, Lindsay was feeling a little better after her breakdown on Danny and now they were discussing the situation.

"Okay.. so that's not going to bring us anywhere further on finding out who put a hit on Lindsay's life!", Stella began, "Sheldon did you find anything on Naomi's body?" Stella got, just as everyone else really frustrated by how the case was going. She really wanted to nail the creep, especially since he nearly shot one of there own.

"Well.. I have found some hairs on the vic's clothing that didn't belong to her. The killer must have dragged her body into the ally and than dumped her near those trashcans. The hairs are being analysed by the computer right now, should be done in about ten minutes. If it's okay by you I'll take a look at it right now."

Mac shifted a bit in his chair, "Go, check it out"

"Thanks, I'll be back in about 15 minutes!" and with that Hawkes walked out of Mac's office.

"Hope the hairs will give us a lead to the guy", Mac sighed "Stella, what did you find on the bullit?"

Stella grabbed a photo from the bullit that had been crushed against the wall. "Well, from what I can tell, according to the grooves on the bullit and the red light, he shot with a .308 kaliber M21 snipers
    rifle..."

Lindsay stiffened at the sight and the mention of the bullit. 'A snipers rifle.. He could have easily shot me with that, did he miss me on purpose or..?'
    Danny who was standing next to her felt her tense up. He shot a glance at her and noticed that she was a bit pale again and that she was staring at nothing. In silent support, he put his hand on her shoulder and squeezed lightly. Lindsay got back to reality by that and looked at her shoulder, seeing the hand of Danny Messer still there. She looked at him and gave him a small, but grateful smile, thanking him for being there for her.

"... if we could find the place where he shot from, we probably have a lot more to go on." Stella finished. Mac looked at Lindsay, who was looking really worn out. He didn't miss the silent interaction between Danny and Lindsay before.

"Okay, let's get back to that alley. Danny I want you to call me when Sheldon has the results back on the hairs and stay here with Lindsay, in case the guy calls again and to keep an eye on her"

"What! No offence, but I can take care of myself! I'm a big girl you know" Lindsay started in protest.

"Sorry Linds, but I really don't think it's safe for you to be alone right now. Whatever you do don't leave the lab. If you want to you can use the couch in my office to get some sleep or something. "

"But Mac.." She started again, but Danny cut her off.

"Come on Montana let's get you settled here, alright?" He knew it was no use arguing with Mac, it was for her own safety.

Lindsay decided to give in "Alright then.. but don't make me feel like your babysitting me or else.. "

"Or else what?"

"Or else I will make you wish your name isn't Danny Messer.."

(more to come later!)

9. Kal

Kal Prime Suspect

wow, this is good! update soon, please? :D

10. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

Okay just for the record, I edited last part of the last chapter I posted. Let me know what you think ;)

11. p3karen

p3karen Rookie

please update soon :eek:

12. CHILI_PEPPERS

CHILI_PEPPERS Pathologist

Oh wow! this is great so far!

13. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

Hi guys!
    Thanks for everyone who 'reviewed/read' this! I'm going on vacation tomorrow for three weeks.. and I'm not finished writing next part, since i'm busy packing, cleaning etc.. So next update is going to be in about three weeks.. :(
    But I'm going to write *and hopefully finish writing* this story on vacation!
    I hope i'm not letting anyone down, and I promise that next chapters are going to be more interesting, longer and better than the first ones! :)

Going to miss y'all! :(
    xxDianne

14. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

Re: The 'Mistake' DL

Hi all!
    I'm back and have two new chapters:p
    I'll post next chapter tonight or tomorrow, it's up to you ;)

Warehouse

Mac and Stella were in the building across the place where Lindsay got shot at. It was an old abandoned warehouse that had been used to stock tv's, computers and other electronics. The company who owned the building got broke. Everything what was left of it were some boxes, a few old computers and a lot of cables that were lying everywhere. The place was two floors high and although it wouldn't be likely that Stella and Mac would find something on the first floor, they searched it anyway just in case. They didn't find much. Stella walked past some of the windows and heard something crack under her shoe. She put down her kit and sat on her knees to see that she'd stood on a needle.

"Seems like some junky's used this place as well", she said looking at the small pieces broken glass that ones were a needle.

"That's no suprise in a warehouse like this", Mac said.

Danny had called a couple of minutes earlier with Hawkes' test results on the hairs he had found on the body of Naomi. The hair belongs to Stuart McGrey, a 43 year old man who'd been arrested two times for stalking, ones for disregarding a streetwarrant and he'd done some time in jail in 1993 for an attempted murder. This was some news, finally a name! It gave everyone the thrill they needed to keep doing their work focussed as always.

It was a big mess on the first floor and the shooter wouldn't have a good view on the alley from a low place, so they quicly went to the second floor.

Mac walked up the stairs and took a good look through the room. It was a big open space with well.. very dirty windows that made the light that came through very dull, however most of them were broken and there was still some glas lying underneath. The room further didn't look much different from what they'd already seen on the first floor.

"Shooter had a perfect view from here.. let's see if he left us something interesting"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lindsay was bored ,and although she wouldn'd admit it, tired. She refused to get some rest, because she was desperately waiting on some new news on the case. She and Danny were doing paperwork in their office for an hour now.

Danny sneaked a quick glance at Lindsay who was sitting at the desk across him. She still looked extremely tired, big dark circles had already formed under her eyes. Suddenly Lindsay looked up and caught him staring at her. Appearantly the quick glance wasn´t as quick as he thought it would be.

“What?” Lindsay said.

“Well uh, you know…”

Danny didn’t got the chance to finish what he was saying “Ah, and don’t tell me I look like crap and should try to get some sleep”

“You should Montana”, He’d tried to convince her about that earlier as well, but she only got mad at him about it. “Then let me at least get you a cup of coffee or something”

Lindsay thought about it, a cup of coffee wouldn’t hurt anyone right? And it would help to keep her awake, so she decided to give in.

“All right..”, she sighed.

--

When Danny came back, he found Lindsay sound asleep with her arms folded over the file she was working on head on top of it. He laughed at the sight and put the two coffees he was carrying on the table.

“No sleep huh, Montana?”

He walked over to her desk and extended his arm to wake her. Then he changed his mind, she had been very tired and wasn’t he the one who desperately wanted to let her get some sleep? So he went back to his own desk and grabbed a new file from the pile that was still waiting for him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Look at this” Mac said. They had found the place where the shooter had taken his shot and they both were on their knees between the pieces of glass, looking for more evidence.

Mac pointed at a small drop of dried blood “Seems like he cut himself”

“Yep” Stella smiled “if it’s a match to the hair we have him”.

When they had collected all the evidence they went back to the lab to ran some tests. If the results would be positive Stuart McGrey's life would get a not so happy turn...

15. MacsGirlMel

Re: The 'Mistake' DL

Please update soon! :)