The Triangle That Love Creates- For GSR and Snicker fans

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by MissMurder, Aug 1, 2006.

1. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

I thought I could try a love triangle fic. Please tell me what you think :D

Chapter 1

Sara walked along the corridor, she was working a case with Grissom and she couldn't find him anywhere. She was furious at his sudden disappearance. When she found him, he was going to be in some serious trouble.

Brass was also on a case. A rape/murder case that was getting to him. A woman of 23 was the victim.

He was going through case files from California. The team thought the killer, begun his crimes in California before Vegas because they found a flight ticket that came from San Francisco.

He searched and searched. He soon found one that looked familiar. The injuries were the same. He read the doctors notes, this woman survived.

The doctors notes read:

Severe tearing to the inner cavity. Needed stitching.
    Bruises to the face and shoulders, legs and internal bleeding.

"My god, he had his way with this girl. Who is she?"

Brass read the file's name tag and immediately dropped the folder when he did. It read:

Sidle. Sara M

"Sara, our Sara." Brass flew through the doors in search of the team. Bringing the case file with him.

Sara entered the breakroom and found every member of the graveyard shift team in there, including Grissom. She walked up to them and sat down:

"Where did you go?" She asked Grissom.

"I went for coffee, and to fix an experimant."

"Oh, sorry."

Bras then stormed into the room:

"You are never going to believe what I...Sara, hi." Brass was nervous about telling them in front of her.

"Hi."

"Jim, what have you found?" Grissom asked.

"Uhh, I found a matching case from California. I haven't looked at the photos, I didn't want to, there was no need to. Once I saw the name."

He slowly placed the file on the breakroom table. He saw the change in Sara instantly.

Brass saw the horrified look in her eyes, and everyone else's. As soon as they saw ' Sidle. Sara M':

"Sara...you."

Everyone gazed at her. Sara's eyes filled with tears and she ran from the room.

Nick was stunned. He chased after her: "SARA!" he called.

Sara continued running down the hall. She didn't dare look back, she was too ashamed:

"Sara! Please, wait up."

Nick added a bit more speed. He caught up with her and took hold of her shoulders. She tried to struggle free but, Nick was too strong. She turned and collapsed against his chest, tears falling like waterfalls:

"I couldn't help it Nicky, he was too powerful." She sobbed.

Nick wrapped his arms around her and stroked her hair, "Shh, shh. It's ok. I understand."

TBC :D :devil:

2. Rakel_Sidle

Rakel_Sidle Dead on Arrival

Very good start! ;)
    Please, continue soon.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yes, continue soon! *waves pitchfork*

4. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Hmmm when i read "Snicker" i totally jumped off my sofa :lol: that's a really good start i can't wait to read more :D

Sissi

5. CSI_Trainee

CSI_Trainee CSI Level One

Really great start plz continue ,,,*has to stop kitten fromgetting into something he shouldn't* c'mon Horatio

6. toomuchovertime

toomuchovertime CSI Level Two

I agree. You should definitely go on.

7. MissMurder

Chapter 2

Nick gently rocked Sara in his arms and let her cry into his chest. His thoughts trailed to her in that position. He spaced out, drowning in the thoughts of Sara's ordeal, Sara walking down the street, completely unaware of her stalker. Then suddenly, someone grabs her from behind and beats her. Then...only gods knows.

Sara lifted her head and noticed Nick was in a world of his own. She wondered what he was thinking about. Then just lay her head back on his chest. Nobody had ever comforted her like this before, holding her, making her feel safe and secure. She liked it.

Nick shook his head from the unimaginable images his mind had created. He looked down at the woman in his arms and sighed. She had been through hell and came back alive. He admired her courage, hell, he admired her. Probably more than he first thought.

Sara felt his eyes burning into her and looked up. She saw his eyes fixed upon her. He then spoke:

"You are so strong Sara. You walked through hell and survived it." He said in that serious Texan tone, then his voice softened, "I know what it's like...to be in your position. The humilation you feel, you feel dirty. Like you have some disease and no-one would want to be associated with you. But, you can talk to people, you can get over it."

"What do you mean? Have you...have you been..."

"Yes, once when I was nine. My babysitter."

Sara pulled away ever so slightly, "I'm sorry."

"Sara, it's ok. You had it worse. You were...almost killed by the same sexual predator we're hunting today."

"I know, I know. I want to help find him, make him rot behind bars but...but now that everyone knows, Grissom will take me off the case. I know he will."

"Well, maybe. You are a rape victim Sara, it depends if you feel safe here, or at home, alone."

"Here." She said almost immediately.

"Even Grissom should take that into consideration. Your safety Sara, is all that matters to us."

Sara didn't know what else to say. She let Nick take her back to the breakroom and then she told everyone what happened to her, all those years ago.

Once the story had been told, everyone was silent. Even Grissom didn't know what to say. Sara calmly took a breath and sat down on a spare chair, waiting for someone, anyone, to say something.

Someone finally spoke, Catherine finally managed to utter a whisper, then speech, "I'm so sorry Sara, we had no idea. I guess that is the reason you get so involved in the cases."

"Yes, because I know from experiance what these girls are going through."

"Why didn't you tell us, any of us? We could have helped you get it off your chest. I wouldn't have put you on those cases if I knew they would hurt you." Grissom replied.

"No, that's the thing, I wanted to work those cases. I thought that would help, putting rapists behind bars. Making sure that one more would be off the streets and women could live free from the fear that attachs itself to you. The nightmares that follow the incident, could drive you to suicide." Sara argued.

"I understand. The dreams of it happening again, the thoughts of it happening to another person. Not daring to tell anybody because you think they will find you if you did." Nick added.

"You may think that after years of therepy, rape victims will feel safe, secure and happy again. But they don't. There will always be a hidden fear, or phobia that keeps them from leading the life they lived before. For example, I had agoraphobia after my therepy. I was terrified to leave my apartment. Terrified to go to the store. But, some people face up to the fear, some don't. I was lucky I did."

8. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Awwwwwwwwwwwww poor Sara :(, glad Nick was the one comforting her, that's totally on character :D

MORE MORE :D

Sissi

9. Rakel_Sidle

Rakel_Sidle Dead on Arrival

Poor Sara. :(
    Please, continue soon.

10. Cordelia_GRS_Fan

Cordelia_GRS_Fan CSI Level Two

Aww I love it! This story is so...awww. Please continue!

Xx Mia-Sara xX

11. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

LMAO! I did too! :lol:

Yeah loving it so far! More please :D

OT: sissi your avvie rocks.

12. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

Fantastic! GSR and Snicker, my two fave ships to read! That was a shocker, you need to continue!

13. MissMurder

Chapter 3

Nick and Grissom gazed at Sara, sorrow flooding there eyes. Catherine and everyone else had shock and a horrified look on their face. They all realized then the rapist that is on the Vegas streets attacked Sara, he could be hunting her again. Afterall, all the victims were of Sara's build, slender and tall. All were brunette. All were under 40 years old.

Sara stopped talking and placed her head in her hands. Grissom walked over and sat next to her. He ushered everyone out:

"C'mon guys let me speak to Sara alone please."

Everyone left, except Nick. He stayed put:

"Nick, please."

Nick finally left. He looked back, Sara was in tears and she was clutching Grissom's hand. He noticed her clutch was like deathgrip, Grissom's fingers were turning white but he didn't seem to care. Maybe he does care afterall. But maybe he just wants to be her shoulder to cry on because he's the boss. Nick noticed his jealous streak was kicking in. He couldn't let that happen, if he lashed out at Grissom, he could say bye bye to his career. He just walked on, tightening his fists along the way.

Grissom let Sara cry. She needed to get it out of her system. But, her crying became too violent, she couldn't get a breath and was beginning to hyperventilate. So, Grissom wrapped his arms around her, gently rubbing his hands up and down her back, soothing her until her tears stopped.

Although her tears had stopped, her grip was still tight. She didn't let go of his shirt, she didn't want to be alone. Sara clutched his shirt and tighened her grip around his neck:

"Don't leave me here. Don't leave me here alone." She begged.

"I won't, you don't have to be alone." Grissom whispered into her ear. "I have a mountain load of paperwork to do..."

"DON'T LEAVE ME HERE!" She screamed, not letting him finish his sentence. "He'll hunt me down."

"Sara, I... you didn't let me finish. I'll take you to my office with me. You won't be alone and if you feel threatened by anything, tell me. I have a gun in my office, so you're well protected. Everyone is going to their crime scene. So it will be you and me. You are safe with me, I'll never let anything happen to you."

"You promise?" She asked, keeping her grip around his neck.

Grissom felt her breath against his throat and his breathing stopped. She felt so right in his arms, he couldn't deny his feelings for her any longer. But, she was too broken up at that moment.

He took her hand and led her to his office. She sat on the sofa while he sat at his desk. He was saddened by her posture. She was so scared, so helpless. His heart ached for her.

TBC :D :devil: :lol:

14. Cordelia_GRS_Fan

Cordelia_GRS_Fan CSI Level Two

Squeeeee! I need more!! You're so good and I wuv this story tons!!! But what's Nicky gonna do?! I know! He can go home with me *innocent look* :D :p ;)

Xx Mia-Sara xX

15. MissMurder

Chapter 4

Grissom still had his eyes on Sara when she looked up and connected with his gaze. She was stunned that she actually saw emotion. She saw a saddened expression, probably because of her. So, she sat up straight and tried to look strong:

"Sara...you don't have to be strong all the time." Grissom told her.

"Yes I do, if I don't, I'll look weak. I can't be weak in this situation."

"Sara, it's natural to be weak and fragile in this situation."

"I don't care."

Grissom knew he wasn't going to win this argument. He never could with Sara. She knew how to make him speechless.

Sara huddled herself against the sofa. She stopped speaking and closed her eyes.

Grissom finished with his paperwork and sat beside Sara. She needed the comfort. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her against him.

Sara lay her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes, hoping that would help stop the tears from falling. It didn't and she snuggled closer into Grissom. She felt him stroke her hair and whisper into her ear that everything will be alright. She shivered. Will everything be ok? She didn't think so.

Grissom gently comforted her, rubbing his hands up and down her back, stroking her hair and whispering into her ear. He didn't know what else to do, until he whispered:

"I'll take care of you. I'll protect you. If it's the last thing I do, I'll make sure this guy is behind bars for life."

Sara smiled against his shoulder. Gil Grissom vowed to protect her. She felt a wave of sudden safety sweep over her, even though she was not safe until the guy was behind bars.

Nick's jealousy had reached boiling point. He paced his lab, becoming angrier and angrier at Grissom. He's had his chances. Sara deserves better...what am I saying? Grissom is perfect for her. But the pain and heartbreak he's caused her. Man, what am I going to do? He thought, arguing with himself. Nick was furious, not only with Grissom but, with himself. Grissom was a nice guy, caring and loyal, and here he was thinking awful things about his boss, wishing Sara would destroy him. How inhuman was he?

Nick tried to shake the jealousy away, but it wouldn't leave. He cared for Sara too and watching her clutch Grissom's hand like a lifeline pulled at his heart.

He knew Grissom cared deeply for Sara, he had always suspected, all the team did. But, he had never acted on those feelings and left Sara heartbroken many a times. Which of course, made Nick and Catherine especially, furious with him.

Nick settled his temper down. He liked working on Grissom's team, he was a fantastic leader and supervisor. But sometimes, he was a real idiot.