Say NO to Homophobia

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by beautifulview, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

I laugh at the short-sightedness of her existence.
    I could never, EVER tell my family I'm bi... my dad makes horrible fun of gays too much. And the fact that my closet-lesbian cousin came out to me only says volumes.

2. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

Hell, no, neither could I.
    I just can imagine my mom having an immediate heart attack and my dad's jaw dropping in disbelief. No way, I'm never going to tell them (besides they happen to like my bf and if I told them I'm bi they might think I am with him just to cover another story).
    Old fashioned parents and gay/bisex sons/daughters are better kept separate.

3. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

I laugh at the way we are looking foreward to eternal damnation :lol:.

some lesbain couple in Massachusetts just got a divorce. I know the republicans are going to use this against gay marriage somehow :rolleyes:.

I can tell them, I just doubt I will. They will find out sometime I am sure. Most likely when some girl comes over to pick me up for a dance or something.

4. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Okay, I seriously just read an appology from my ex friend say that she "didn't mean that she thought gay people were disgusting" umm question...How the hell do you say that then suddenly take it back? Like seriously...how can you do that? Meh, I told her I didn't buy it...because I don't. She probably went to church, told everybody about me, they told her to become friends with me again and convert me into the church...uh, no it's not gonna happen. No ones changing me!!!

And I'm doubting I'll ever tell my mom...because well, long story behind our realtionship :lol:. I've told some of my family members, I almost screamed it to my aunt, but I didn't...I should probably tell her though, she's like my 2nd mom...who understands everything.

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

You know what annoys me? Everyone expects Catholics to be so against homosexuals and that they're going to hell and bla bla bla...

Well I'm Catholic and I have absolutely no problem with anyone and their lifestyle, no matter what it is. I don't think homosexuals are going to hell, nor do I think they are bad people. It's kind of funny though how the priest at our church says 'in the bible, it says that homosexuals are evil people and should burn in hell' and I'm all "I must have missed that chapter" ...Because as I recall Jesus said "love everyone" not "except gays because they're dirty" :rolleyes:

So anyway, I kind of hate the stereotype that says Catholics are against certain lifestyles...Well maybe some are, but I'm not. I don't judge people. Anywho, I needed to get that off my chest. :)

6. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

It are those homophobic religious people in general who ruin it for other religious people I think; because we only hear about homophobic people and then tend to generalise it.

Well anyone curious how my date went? :D

7. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

Shoot Jayne!

8. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Giving you the short version :p We had such a great time.. we wanted to go and play some pool first, but all those pool-thingies were closed because it was too hot and because it was a sunday I guess. So we just went to have a drink somewhere outside.. heh, couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Then we went to see POTC2 where I managed (after several attempts which she hadn't noticed I think) to grab her hand! My heart skipped a beat (or 18) when that happened. Had something to eat, then went back to the car and she drove me to another railway station.. saved me about an hour I think. But then, I didn't want to leave haha, we sat in the car talking and stuff for about 3 hours :eek: Meanwhile I had gone to the train once to catch it, but I couldn't find the ticketmachine, so I asked the ticket-person if I could buy a ticket at hers (because I was in a hurry to run to the machine :rolleyes:), and she's like: "Ohhh that's bullshit.. another train leaves in half an hour! It's either you pay 35 euros extra to catch this train or you wait for the next" Well and paying 35 euros on top of a one euro ticket was a bit too much. So I decided to grab the next one.. meaning my date and I had another half hour alone :D

And now.. I'm squueeeeee :) I think of her all the time, showed mum some pics and mum was like: "she's pretty!" Me: "I know" :D

9. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Waouh Jayne! :D i'm glad you finally found someone perfect for you, you deserve to be with a nice girl and it looks like you found her , SQUEEE :D Are you gonna show us some pics? lol yeah i know i'm curious lol

I didn't know there was so many bisexual in here lol As i always say you don't have to tell it to your parents: i know some parents that don't wanna know about their children sexlives. So as long as you are happy the way you live there is no problem.
    If i was bisexual or gay, i guess i would keep it to myself since i have one of the most homophobic family in Earth but i know i won't do the same mistakes with my own children.

10. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Thanks sissi, heh, not sharing photos.. yet.. first I need her permission to do that :p

I'm kinda happy that my parents are rather open about it. Mum and I had a really cool conversation about it some weeks ago and she explained how she felt and stuff, which was really cool. I got to see and hear it from her perspective, and I think that is important in these cases. And she always wants to know everything about the people I hang and go out with. Dad is a tad different. He's not much of a talker and I can see he's still dealing with it, but oh well, he's cool.. so he'll accept it after a while. Maybe if I introduce her to him, he'll turn round because he'll be impressed by her looks and character :D

11. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

Yay. Glad you had fun Jayne, see I told you there was nothing to worry about. Yeah ask her if you can post a pic, I wanna see what she look slike after all you have said.

Oh and another thing I thought of last night when I was supposed to be reading that stupid book for school. Ya know how some actors have a problem playing a homosexual in movies/tv because they believe god won't like it. Well that makes absolutely no sense at all. They are willing to portray serial killers and rapists, I have a felling god may have a problem with those people.

Oh and something that I just remembered just now which may pertain to this thread or not, I don't know I haven't said it yet. So me and my friend were reading in my room last night (we book swapped) and she brought some book about these three gay guys. So I was reading it and I have this tendancy to make comments out loud as I read so at one point I was like, "I hate that word!" and my friend turns to me all serious like and was like "What, fag?" and I was like "No, Chillax it bugs me to no end!" I started to laugh uncontrollably, why does everyone have to be so serious all the time? She was like getting all annoyed because she said it was avery serious book and I was like "the guy dyed his hair electric blue!"

12. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

AH! Glad you had fun!! That's super duper awesome :D

And well, I have a super duper relgious mormon friend and she's cool with it...it was quite funny the way she told me actually. I told her I was bi and that I know she might not like it becaues it's against her church rules and she's like "I believe everything except that part...it's bullshit!" and that was also the first time I heard her swear too :p

13. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

Yay, Jayne, I'm so happy for you!
    I'll always keep in my heart my first, neverending girl crush *sigh*. She's at the seaside now with some friends of ours and I'm still so jealous of her... I hope nobody will dare set their eyes on her. :mad:

14. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

^ my first never ending girlcrush appears to have finally ended, 6 years later I might add :lol:. Interesting how things just come and go with absoultely no permission to do so. Not jsut with crushes either, clothes, shoes, fanfic pairings (when did I start shipping harry/draco :confused:), food. Everything. Nothing is constant, I may be head over heels for someone in 4th period then find him ghastly by the end of lunch :lol:.

15. lament

lament Captain

We just got hit by a troll at one of the LJ communities I belong to (scans_daily). He started spewing crap like that gay men are more promiscuous than other people, and that it is their fault for spreading AIDS. :mad:

I am so upset right now. And then he came back later and said he was just messing with us. What?! Messing with us?! He was surprised when people got even more angry at him! Some of us deal with homophobia on a daily basis, and he made a joke out of it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.