Say NO to Homophobia

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by beautifulview, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

I am sure your date will be fine Jayne. If you don't want to tell your dad I say you shouldn't and let him figure it out on his own.

2. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Thanks Becky, the problem is that I have to tell my dad because I still live at home and my parents follow every move I make. And mum knows and I'm sure she'll force me to tell him. I told her how he acted when she wasn't around, like always talking about boyfriends and grandchildren, and I told her I was afraid of how he would react to this date. She said that he'd be happy, "you know your dad, if you're happy, he's happy!" True though, but still..

Ohhh I know, I think I'll tell him early in the morning.. I'll wake up at 5am.. make coffee, he'll be up at 5.30 to get to work.. he's going to love me for making coffee (it's normal that I do that when I get up early, and he's too lazy to do it himself) and then I'll tell him.. and then he'll react, but he has to get to work anyway, so he won't have the time in giving me a speech.. and then when he gets back from work in the evening, he has forgotten about it (he has like this really short-term memory :lol:).. and then when it's sunday, I'll be like: "ooohhh I'm off!" and he'll be like: "where you off to?" and I'll be: "having a date, dad.. I told you! :rolleyes:" *closes door* PERFECT :D

3. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

By that logic you could just not tell him then tell him you told him. Then there is no chance of him remembering :lol:.

Gahh I couldn't stand living at home, I can't stand it now. As soon as I graduate high school I am off to some college in or near NYC. Well maybe I will wait until summer is over because the weather there in August is not pleasant.

4. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

:lol: well yeah you're right, it wouldn't make sense telling him in the morning then.. :lol: and it saves me a lot of nerve-wrecking moments.. :)

Ohh I know.. living at home.. I moved out when I was 19, moved back in when I was 22 because of financial problems I was having.. yes, I spent all my money in the pub :rolleyes: But now I'm about to move out again.. since I've found a fulltime job :p So I won't have the awkward 'uhm, dear parents of mine, will it be ok with you if so-and-so will sleep over tonight?'-conversation.

5. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Haha, well, I just got in an argument with an ex friend Carleigh (I never told her cause I never caught her on MSN and I'm too lazy to call her) but I sure did tell her today and this is just one of the things she said to me: I do have a problem with gay and bi people I think its gross god made man and women not man and man or women and women so what ever u believe what u what and I’ll believe what I want.

So yay, I'm disgusting! I like being disgusting...it's very disgustingly fun!!

Meh, she can believe what she wants, I'm gonna go have a party in hell, she says I won't be partying, but I will, I'll make it work!

6. lament

lament Captain

Since Lance Bass outed himself, I've been checking out the various message boards to see how people are reacting. The bigotry and outright insensitivity I've seen makes me wonder if we're living in Victorian times. :(

I'm sorry about how things went with your friend, CW. I'm a Christian and a bisexual. It really annoys me when people start using the religous arguments to know same-sex relationships.

7. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Awwww Cath i'm really sorry for you! you know that's exactly the kind of person you have to ignore and run away from. And i agree with Lament, that's really annoying when people use religious arguments especially cause it's not true: again you are one of God children, he loves you like he loves the others and your sexuality doesn't matter for him, he loves you hunny. And if next time your friend tells you you will go to hell, tell her you will keep a place for her :D cause God hates intolerance and hatred .

8. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

It is sort of laughable when people say things like that. It would be like me saying sissi is going to hell for shipping Harmony. Oh and if we are all going to hell how could it not be a party with all of us.

I am not one for religion but isn't it against the christian rules or whatever to play the part of god? So who are they to judge our souls?

9. Lia

Lia Lab Technician

I broke up with my girlfriend. She's too emotional. I mean, I guess I should've known what I was getting into, we've been friends for a while. Plus, I'm a girl too, lol. Anyway, I didn't feel depressed, I felt amazingly free. I went to a barbecue the next day full of confidence, and I may have met my soul mate. LOL.

Eep. :)

10. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Waouh i didn't know i could go to hell cause i ship them...Well i shouldn't be surprise since some people said that we will go to hell cause we watch Harry Potter movies :lol:

Lia i'm glad you may find someone else, being lonely would make you depressed, anyway i hope your friend is okay too and feel free too.

11. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Haha, okay so it's settled..we'll all meet up in hell and have a party :lol:

And I be happy for you Lia :)...I hate being lonley and depressed...it's very depressing, but I havn't felt that way in almost a month :)

12. Depth-Of-Love

Depth-Of-Love Lab Technician

teheheh im going to hell with you cause three of my friends are and my brother so...when do we leave!!!!!!!

13. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

I was going to hell anyway.. gay or not.. :p Oh no wait.. I did a quiz, which I posted on my LJ yesterday and it said I was going to end up in a Parallel Universe :D But I'll drop by once and again..

Heh.. I'm becoming more and more nervous.. in 24 hours' time I'll be in the train, on my way to see my date :) Still haven't told my dad though, will do this afternoon or tonight..

14. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

We will be sending you good vibes Jayne :D. I still say you just tell your dad you told him.

Hell really doesn't sound so bad if all the homophobic people are going to heaven then we will be worlds apart from them. Not to mention the wonderful ":devil:" smiley is the best smiley on the boards and he doesn't look like he is going to heaven either.

15. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Awe, good luck Jayne! Have fun!!

And hell will be fun! We will be away from all homophobic people and we'll have more fun! Haha, then we can make fun of all the boring people in heaven!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.