Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Anyway

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

Re: Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Any

claps claps
    it´s true i think the same ,gsr is a lot of thing and well the chemistry between billy and jorja is wonderful ;)

2. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

awhh, thank you mel23 *hugs back* and de desertwind *hugs too*, for the nice comments on my fanart!! :) :) desertwind , i will keep the fan-art-thread thing in mind for next time (cause like i said, this is only the beginning :devil: ;))

i saw the episode with the popcorn-rollecoaster thing, and i just loved the way Gris and Sara were walking, (the scene where gris was eating popcorn ;)) they were both wearing sunnies, walking so close together..*drools* :p
    i would even liked it more if they had matching clothes on... ;)

3. orgasmicbilly

orgasmicbilly Lab Technician

and some matching his and hers labcoats lmao.....watta u recon??

4. 9dots4lines

9dots4lines Lab Technician

I would still go GSR as long as the different actors knew their character and the character's potential. And if they had the same sort of atmosphere, yeah.

You just gotta love what Billy and Jorja do.

5. britfan

britfan Pathologist

The school holidays are here!!!! YAYYYYYYYAAYYYY!! Teachers love them too you know! :D Just come round from an horrendous 4am-crash-through-door-after-nightclub-scenario. :eek: Not even CSI DVDs could make me get up to read this lovely page! So much to read and comment on before I get ready for the Las Vegas experience mid week. (I'll have to go to an internet cafe on The Strip to catch up... or I'll lose another day of my life reading posts!:p) So then, here we go...

We are currently getting series 1 repeats on digital cable. I hardly recognised Grissom in the first few episodes. Wondered if he was on glue or something. Laughing Grissom, if you please! His world did go very dark. Paperwork and responsibility changes your work focus and ethic alarmingly. The little jaunts off to teach (not for me for 6 weeks hahahahahaha!) had to stop for crappiness, and the deafness thing. The final scene of 'Way To Go' tailors in to Grissom going back to teaching. Cath has experience of running shift so that means he can re-evaluate his life. Why must he wait until he is ill to start living again and enjoying his life? He has the love of a good woman (if not a little scary!) he has reached the pinnacle of an illustrious career in forensics and entomology and his students from his original teaching seminars are now teachers themselves (Sarah teaching Greg.) He is anti-paperwork and missing hands on work.

This all works very well. Sara can stay on at the lab with the graveyard shift, Cath can take on more responsibility running the graveyard shift and Grissom can go back to what he enjoys, mentally, emotionally and physically.

Whoa! Where did that come from?! Haven't written that much since I did my degree! If I'd done this, I'd have got a first instead of missing it by 1 mark! Maybe we should start a degree course - Grissomology? Applied Gutterology? Where do I sign up? :lol:

6. orgasmicbilly

orgasmicbilly Lab Technician

i guess your a teacher then.....i love teachers there hero's that people dont recognise i wanna be a science teacher!!

anyways....back on subject........i would deffinatly do a degree in grissomology id get a's all the way lol

7. FallenforGrissom

FallenforGrissom Police Officer

Tough question...The answer is: it depends. GSR involves many parameters: first and foremost GSR = actors Billy P and Jorja F, but it also involves the character interaction /scenes, and the way both characters are evolving throught the 6 seasons...
    So, if we change the parameters,if Grissom & Sara were different actors => then their interaction might be different (maybe the chemistry wouldn't work just as well) and the characters might have completely different characteristics...

And no matter if CSI fans like Grissom or find him attractive, he's undoubtedly the captain of the GSR ship (why is it GSR and not SGR??)- his "honey", "since i met you", "i need you", "she's my CSI" etc etc, his awkwardness around Sara, his timidity, his 'not- a- people- person' attitude fitted Billy P's physique and posture like a glove...i can't imagine another actor in his place... :)
    (ok probably i'm biased ;), but honestly which actor do you think could play his part equally successfully??)

While for Sara's case, even though JF is perfect for the part, i could probably find a couple other actresses her age to play the role... :rolleyes:

*scratches head to get ideas* Oh, yes :D, Carrie-Anne Moss, would be a good choice for the part, i like her acting :),she's pretty much the same age as JF, with her physique, and seems like she has an equally dynamic personality.

So what i am saying is I would be pro-GSR as long as Grissom was as Grissom is ;) and if he had an equally good chemistry with his co-star Sara, who ever she was... :rolleyes:

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i so agree with you Fallen. some time ago i was very confused who should i ship Grissom with. first (i wasn't hooked on csi that much as i am now, and i haven't seen most of the eps) i was thinking he fits Cath, then i liked to pair him up with Sara, next i saw LHB and really liked the whole idea. and then TOYD came and the rest so i was like "if TBTP decided to pair him up with her, i'm all for it! besides the fit together very well". so, i mean if Billy P wasn't Grissom i wouldn't ship anything. if Billy P is Grissom i'm gonna ship this, which has basis to come true, so i can have a lot of fun shipping it. besides i like Sara :p

9. emily77

emily77 Dead on Arrival

>(why is it GSR and not SGR??)

It's punnier that way?

Anyways... I've been indulging in the spoilers, but I'm not quite sure how to make one of those boxes, so I'll refrain from commenting on that stuff right now... (OK, so I could probably find the instructions in about 5 minutes of looking, but I'll wait till I've thought of something worth saying...) [Oh! There's the link... whatever, this posted ended up long enough as it is...]

Meanwhile, the fact that Catherine is shown sitting at a desk that says "supervisor" shortly after Rashomama still strikes me as interesting. I suppose she might have been supervisor all along, since she was last year, but Grissom still seemed to be in charge up till then. Just something I find curious, especially after an episode where he seemed to be happily consenting to official disciplinary action...

Not quite sure if I'd like the relationship with different actors or not--the show's been on so long now that it's hard to say for sure what's actually the characters as written and what's been incorporated because of the actors... I've always liked the dynamic, though... (as for the discussion of personal tastes, I'm not really into older men, myself--in fact, if I were in Sara's position, I'd probably go for Greg--but that would be me, not Sara...)

(Now to preach to the choir...) As for the "incest" or whatever objections I've read elsewhere to something that started out as a mentor-student relationship, in real life I've seen several (well, at least three) mature relationships that started out as mentor-student between an older man and a younger woman. In one case, the man was the former high school teacher of the woman, and if I hadn't met the woman first, I admit I would've found it very icky... The most applicable to GSR, probably, was the case of a woman marrying her former grad school advisor... I mean, hey, such things happen. At any rate, most of the cases I know of in real life have a much larger age difference...

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

HMMMM- Sarah I don't think anyone can play them except them- their unique and special and extrodinary in these roles- so no one- would be my answer- :( and Billy Petersen si one of the most gorgeous men ever on this planet- and Jorja is beautiful as well- they both rule ;)

[​IMG] "VIVA LAS VEGAS"

11. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

If the actors are as GORGEOUS like Jorja Fox and HOT like WP NO. Nah serioulsy i dont think i would be Pro-GSR. When i first started watching CSI i wasnt into the characters nor the actors what interest me was the storylines and science. I remember it only took me like a month to buy the Dvd's and when i bought it i bought season 5 and i wathced "Nesting Dolls" and thats when i noticed their chemistry and was a GSR fan. And then thats when i started shipping them. So i think that i wouldnt be Pro-GSR because for me it wasnt about the actors but the science. But of course now that i love CSI and love GSR i dont think there are any other actors out there that can play as good as Jorja and Billy play Sara and Gil.

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well, Ziggy and I have discussed this a couple of times, and while we have some rather inappropriate justifications for why we support GSR or don't support either particular actor in some cases (read: not Jorja Fox, but again, not important)

I have to say that I didn't think much of either character when I first started watching and yet still wanted them to be together.

It wasn't about looks, it wasn't about age, it was just about chemistry, complexity and the real kind of sweet torture dance that they had going on.

Nothing easy is ever fun.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

AMEN- WELL SAID :p

14. Jenjac

Jenjac Dead on Arrival

Jasmine I was just like you when it came to GSR. I loved CSI from the first ep and to be honest, I originally saw Grissom and Catherine as a couple. And I had a horrible thought back in the episode where we were first introduced to Sophia and that went something along the lines of, 'Oh good, Grissom has someone he's interested in, maybe Sara can now bugger off." (hangs head in shame) But in regard to GSR it was Nesting Dolls that was the clincher for me. Now I can't see Grissom with anyone else. And now I also have another reason for going back and watching old episodes to see the GSR interaction that I missed originally. There was one stage where when repeats were on, I refused to watch them because I'd have already seen then, but now I try and spot all the GSR I missed. Isn't that sad?

Anyhow, getting back to my point, I don't think that I would be shipping GSR if it wasn't for JF and WP. I may very well be shipping someone else or no one but it's hard to say because it isn't other actors that are playing Grissom and Sara.

15. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

I love Sara and Grissom together...from the first ep I saw I wanted them together! Lol :D I worried for a long time that TPTB would try and get Cath and Griss together and then when Sophia came on the scene, I was totally worried! Unnecessarily as it turns out! (Powers That Be I love that you got this one right....FINALLY!!)
    Can't wait for season 7...I want to see couple moments! Doesn't have to be alot...but they gotta give us something! Come on! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.