Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelloggs

kelloggs Dead on Arrival

hi Sofiafan8, let me extend too a warm welcome. i think we're the ones who's more happier that more and more people are loving and appreciating Louise Lombard a.k.a. Sofia Curtis as a great actress and of course, a superb addition to CSI. :) i am looking forward for her to have more screentime in season 7 but hey, we have to admit long or short, you just can't deny her brilliance and beauty (of course ;) hehe) radiating in every scene she has.

maybe you'd like to watch "room service" (6x02) and "werewolves" (6x11) as well, they've got good Sofia screentime too. :D

i'm glad you get to watch "The Call", i love her in that film too...she's real HOT! but i do envy you 'cause you get to watch "Heaven Must Wait" i wanted to watch it but i don't think the movie's available here, *sniff, sniff* :(

btw, maybe you'd like to join us in our yahoogroup CSI Curtis and at the livejournal community The Curtis Page. it would be great if you join us there to spread Sofia love, hehe ;)

2. Sofiafan8

Sofiafan8 Dead on Arrival

Thanks Kelloggs:)
    I have joined both groups. I also watched "Werewolves," "I like to watch," and "Poppin Tags" and I figured out why I like Sofia so much: she is one tuff chick! Even though she is a Hottie, she doesn't let anyone focus just on her looks, or take advantage that she's a woman. And personally, I LOVE her determined walk! She has a way of walking that is 'sexyTuff'!! Anyone know what I mean? It is so cool! Her run is grrrl confident, too. Also, she has this 'way about her' when she is standing and talking with a suspect, she has her hand on her belt with her finger tapping her badge--what a Gr8 character bit. And after watching Louise in other parts, I know she does all of these just for Sofia; she is such a bl**ping awesome actress! She really has a gift for playing strong women; which we need! Bet she's a confident one in life, too, to make all these roles so strong (or, as already noted, she's just a freakin great actress!).
    I think Sofia is the strongest of the CSI women, because, other than not having any friends outside of work, she doesn't seem to have any psych hangups (like Cath & Sara). Is this accurate? Or are there eps which say different?

Just wanted to point these things out and see if anyone else has pinpointed what it is they like about her.
    BTW, did anyone else think "I Like to Watch" was a hilarious ep?! (Excluding the crime, which are always horrendous--but we get used to them, don't we?) I laughed my b*tt off! The part where Brass talked Sofia into unbuttoning her blouse?!! Hi-lar-ious! And Sara and Wallace (what's his name?) in the lab!! So funny! (If only it hadn't been about a serial rapist/killer:(
    Back to Season 6--dontcha love summer vacation;)

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Wallace Langham plays David Hodges. :)

4. Sofiafan8

I've had time to look around the forum, and I see we pretty much all love Sofia/Louise for the same reason--she's 'SexyTuff'! Sorry I'm late to the party, but at least I'm here now;)
    LadySara- I see from your prior post (referring to the "Popping Tags" Sofia's Posse scene) you also appreciate the sexytuffstrut I was talkin bout!! And, on your site you have a gr8 Sofia pic with the 'hand on belt/finger on badge' pose!! That's the one I was referring to in my previous post--Yeah!! I'm not alone:)
    Question: Who on the CSI team suggested Louise for the part? They must have been a 'britfan' cause she wasn't exactly on the American radar, was she? I want to know cause I want to write them a Thankyou letter!

5. CSInsane1

CSInsane1 Victim

Re: Sofia Curtis

I'll admit that she's pretty, but I kinda don't like her....I don't know why. It's like she's trying to "seduce" the men in the lab, especially Grissom!

6. Sofiafan8

Wow, "trying to seduce"...Really? I don't see it that way at all (of course:). I think she doesn't really care what the guys think-she's holding her own and that's what she cares about; although I do think she respects and likes Grissom. I think she just has natural charm and a sexy little smile--to everyone--I don't think she is really after anyone (but at first she seemed to flirt with Gris). Just my opinion, of course;)
    BTW, through the magic of Netflix, I've just watched a Lombard keeper--"Second Nature." She stars with Alec Baldwin and it's really good (especially Louise). And ya know, I detected a bit of Sofia in her character (the clothes, kinda the walk)...so maybe there's a little Louise in Sofia...Anyone else seen it?

7. Sofiafan8

Does anyone know how Ms. Lombard ended up on CSI?
    Have any of you heard/read the specifics? Like, did someone see her in "The Call" or "Hidalgo" or something? It just seems like someone in TPTB must have specifically requested her (after being impressed, no doubt), cause she wasn't in many (hardly any) American productions. Fascinating:)

8. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

hmm i heard she was requested by les moonves after he saw her on a cbs cop drama that didnt work out...i forgot the title of the show..but im pretty sure les moonves was the one who wanted her in csi

9. Sofiafan8

Oh! Thanks Arturtle:) I've read, during my LL crash course, that she was doing a pilot with Scott Glenn called "Wanted" (I think that's what it was called), that must've been it and she must've kicked bootie in it--of course!!

Remembering that I'm 'late 2 the partay' and am just watching&loving Season 6:
    In "Shooting Stars," the part with Sofia and Nick in the animal shelter was cute but odd...I think I figured it out, though--and I want to be corrected if anyone's read different--I think LL was having trouble saying those pharmaceutical names and that is why they were almost laughing/smiling so much; LL even mouthed something, which I think was a blooper that was left in cause it was cute and showed a different side to her...Whatcha think?

10. Sofiafan8

Holy smokes...I just looked up 'Les Moonves'...the freakin head of CBS requested her?!!? You Go Grrrl!! That's impressive:) This is why CBS is #1, a guy with Gr8 taste is makin the calls!

11. Sofiafan8

I just watched "War Stories" and Louise ROCKED!!!! She is sooo good!
    I think, after seeing her in this, that this is the role that had Mr. Moonves and others wanting her for CSI. She played a tuff cookie, who was very HOT!! Even though her character had her flaws, I loved her in it. Wowie! She needs to do more movies (during CSI's down time of course).

Sofiafan8

p.s. can anyone tell me how to post a picture? thanx

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

First I suggest reading the posting Picture rules in the "Help Guide" for size max and or how many url Clickables and such.

There are two ways to post pictures, using the regular reply (Where you click the "Reply" button) In which case you would do the following using the UBB Code Box.

-Click Image and a gray box will appear.
    -Remove the http:// in the gray box.
    -paste in the URL (Address) of the picture.
    -Click the "preview Button" to make sure it works and that its not to big.

Quick reply way: Put in the following code:
    <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>[image]ADDY HERE[/image]</pre><hr />

URL Clickable Picks, Via UBB Code:
    -Click URL
    -Gray box will popup
    -Remove the http://
    -Paste in the Addy to the picture and click Okay
    -Give the pic a name "Do not repost the addy" then click okay.
    -click the "Preview button" and test the link to be sure it working if so then click submit.

Quick Reply: for Url Clickable
    <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>NAME HERE</pre><hr />

13. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I thought we needed to bump this up. :)

14. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Definately, So there really are some Louise/Sofia fans out there, my friends had me believing I was the only one!

15. Guest

Guest Guest

i've heard CSI was not nominated for Emmy Award,that means we're not likely to see Louise turn up on Aug.27.what a pity!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.