The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ShuriyuCSI, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ Actually, the way us Canadians spell it as "colour", not "color". If you were ever to change your spelling and grammar from the American version to the Canadian version over on MS word it would tell you that.

So yeah, it's great to see that the Canadians in Lebanon are being helped...but what about the people who have lived there their entire lives and are not of Canadian citizenship? I'd like to hear about the natives of that country on the news once in a while too...

2. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Haven't checked the orthography yet but , I think, that spelling goes for both nations.

3. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

True, it is a correct spelling, and I didn't really spell it 'wrong,', but for a thread title for the Canadian thread, it would be so unnatural to have it spelled the American way instead of the Canadian way! :D :D

And, I admit, in day to day life I do spell it 'color' sometimes (partly because then MS Word makes it less difficult... seriously, another irritating program, because I change it to the Canadian dictionary, but it changes back and drives me nuts), but to show my patriotism I try to spell it 'colour' when posting on here. :D

4. beautiful_loser

beautiful_loser Pathologist

GASP! All you have to do is add it to your dictionary. Then right out the words "colourful" "colouring" and "colours" and then do it with capital letters at the beginning, and add them all to your dictionary. Same with all the other Canadian versions of spelling different words. It might take a few minutes initially, but it will make your essays, short stories and...whatevers, more accurate, more culturally accepting and eloquent *winks*. I don't think that Microsoft has the same dictionary for all its programs though (i.e.: Word will not have the same dictionary as PowerPoint).

Anyhow, shouldn't the question mark in the title of this thread be changed to an exclamation mark? I don't know, it just makes us seem a hell of a lot more proud instead of confused LOL.

5. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

Don't blame me! I copy and pasted. o_O; *ducks and runs*

6. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

The first time I came across the interjection "eh" was in the third CSI:LV novel where Gris and Sara meet a CSI from Sskatchewan named Gordon Maher.

7. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

:lol: I don't suppose you could tell us the line that that was used in, could ya? :D I love Canadian stereotypes.

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I read that book! Oh man that was the most hilarious part of the entire book. I was thinking to myself, 'why are they doing that? We don't actually talk like that do we?' ...Oh man I have the book around here somewhere but it would take me ages to find the quote. :p

9. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

*cough* As for the colour discussion? I always use Canadian spellings myself.. I just copied and pasted when setting up the poll. Thank you. *end transmission*

10. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

i alson use the canadian way to spell colour, it doesn't seem right to me without the u

11. glam_chic86

I add a "u" in "favor" to make it "favour". It pisses me off when my computer tells me that I spelt the word incorrectly. Damn those American word processors!

So, are there any national or provincal holidays coming up? I believe there's BC day somewhere in the first week of August but I may be wrong...

*eta* Palm, is your icon of Michael & Jan of The Office? Gawd, I love their banter...

12. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

The most annoying is the z/s thing. ie: colouriSing; laSer; WesterniSation, rather than Z.

I think BC Day is August 7th, JF.. at least my calendar says that's a "civic holiday" so, there you go. *shrugs*

Oh, and OT? Huddy rules. XD

13. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

i hate the z thing so much, and the x thing like in my brothers middle name Alexander, you can hear the z but there is none and he gets mad when i say alex ander without the Z sound but im just reading it like it is

14. glam_chic86

^^ I totally agree...Huddy is teh sex :cool:. Now, OT...

Awww dammit I'm gonna be away with my family in Cranbrook that day. That means I'll be stuck celebrating it at some fairmont inn instead of spending it with my boyfriend. Ah well, at least I'll be going to that HBC or whatever it's called fireworks event. It should be fun!

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Oh, this "colour" thing is the reason why I like Canadians ;)
    Me remembers English teacher telling we can use both, British or US style but once we pick either one, we have to stick with it and I went with British one :D

As for the title... I can change it if it has to be eh! instead of eh?

I personally thought it should be Eh? but then again, I'm not Canadian ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.