Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

From the article wojo posted above.

Eric Szmanda outlined a crisis of conscience that his character, Greg Sanders, will have to confront. "Greg finds himself in a situation where he has to decide what the right thing to do is even though there might be some tragic consequences. Dealing with the ramifications of his decision will be a story line I think that will go on for a large part of the season."

Maybe it has something to do with the "playing with fire" ep. in which the lab blew up and he was injured, it was never really fully addressed. Granted they showed his nervous, and edgy, and they showed his response to another burn patient. But yet in "4x4" he had no scars.

While it could be work related, it could be a personal conflict, I just thought of "playing with fire" and I have no clue why. But hey I could be way off.

2. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

^ Good speculations, Destiny As long as Greg doesnt get killed off, I'm a happy camper. :) And I really really hope Marg wasnt lying when she said the two part season premier would come to a "dramatic conclusion".. Isnt that what they tried to tell us in the spoilers for the season 6 finale? :confused: I just hope it isnt a let down.

3. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

yes....more about sara...but i was getting worried about greg but then i remembered...nick didn't have many consequences after grave danger...so even though tptb say that greg will have consequences, past events lead me to believe that they won't be as severe as the article leads us to believe....

4. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Well, maybe what happens to Catherine will sort of be a part of whatever problems or decisions Greg is facing. I mean, there have been times when Greg had to cover for.. or something like that for Catherine (Sam Braun) But apparently, there will be a lot of Catherine stuff and some Greg stuff, so maybe they will somehow be linked...?

Also, I know this is bringing up something from the past, but I've just been thinking about it..
    It's about the old diner pic. Maybe, just maybe there were a few more clues in there that they put in there, not for the finale, but maybe for the future. I mean, most everyone agreed that the thing in Greg's pocket was the death card, which means huge changes in ones life or something like that. And, if the tragic consequences involves Greg getting hurt or something, he did kind of look hurt.
    Catherine also looked pretty hurt in the pic and we know, or pretty much know that she will be getting hurt.

Its just a thought. But wouldn't it be funny if the CSI people did that? Like, put in a whole bunch of clues and used only a couple for the finale. Then we forget the pic, but it still holds a lot of clues...

Hehe, I would do something like that. It would be a great laugh. And I don't think this breaks any rules but if it does, I'm very sorry.

5. Silhouette

Silhouette Pathologist

Hmm could be, Destiny. When you mention 'Play With Fire', it made me think maybe it's got something to do with an explosion or a lot of fire.

This is pure speculation but who knows? Maybe there's another explosion. Someone is trapped inside and Greg had to make a decision to go in to save that person or not, as the fire getting bigger and all. It has connection with Play With Fire so maybe it left him with bigger trauma later. Or maybe he failed to save that person so he has to live with that.

Well at least that speculation could be a plot bunny :D

6. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

I actually wonder if he would have to cover for one of the other CSI, a huge mistake and he could be fired for that...Maybe he will be fired and then he will be taken back...Or maybe it will be another CSI covering him for something and he will feel guilty because he didn't face it alone.

Anyway i'm glad to hear some Greg's drama, hope some for Warrick too, we didn't see them that much last season

7. iloveyou

iloveyou CSI Level One

Sounds really interseting!!! does anyone no when this is going to be aired?

NO
    HE SHAVED HIS HEAD :'(
    IM GOING TO CRY NOW.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Good point. That's why I never bothered to excited about the "personal storylines" article because the writers have done a great job of letting us down before.

For example, 'Daddy's Little Girl' was such a huge disappointment. Nick's storyline was literally neutered in that one. So, I'm cautiously optimistic about this season. So many chances and so many times they just blew it this season with big buildups and big let downs. The episodes were still really good, but the whole "stick to the science" got a little out of hand.

9. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

Yeah, like last year was supposed to be season of Grissom? Promises, promises... :p

10. happy_me_111

happy_me_111 Police Officer

Yeah, I'm still bitter about Grave Danger... The writers totally ignored the whole recovery aspect... You can't just stick someone underground for 12 hours, thrown in some fire ants and then go "Okey-Dokey, you can go back to work now!"

NO! Absolutely not! Soooo, I'm not really looking forward to this whole Greg thing because there will be one episode about it and then half a season later another episode that sucks and leaves you hanging... :rolleyes:

11. eszmanda_luver

Yeah, that will probably happen. But, at least we will actually see Greg. And for me, thats a huge plus. Of course, I would like to see whatever happens to himplayed out nicely, but if not, I'll just enjoy watching him for what they do give us.

Anyway, I have a question. Is the Catherine story line supposed to take up the first 2 episodes? Because if it does, I was just wondering how they plan on combining that with the dead people talking...? That would be really interesting. Well, she's drugged.... so maybe shes imagining this...? If they're not in the same episode, then all is well. :)

12. assumenothing

assumenothing Rookie

The descision that Greg makes sounds more like a work thing to me. It may not fit what the spoilers say, but what if he was offered a job elsewhere in the lab that paid more money (or just more money) if he did something for Ecklie or the sheriff? Maybe he's offered more money if he gives up information on Grissom and his relationship with Sara, Ecklie kind of has it in for both of them... That could have some big consequences. I don't know, just speculation...

13. eszmanda_luver

Great idea, but I really hope not! Like really because chances are they would end up making him look bad. Now, it would be fine I guess if they make him stand up for the team and be awesome.. but I don't know.

But I do agree with you it being something work-related. I still think it will be him try to cover for someone.

Because if you think about it, if one of the CSI's are having problems (example: Grissom's hearing. I know thats over, but its just an example) and Greg notices changes in their work, it would be a big decision. It could also have tragic consequenses because these people are trying to catch people who kill, possibly planning on killing more. So, more deaths or a family who just lost the father not having any closure.. that seems like a tragic thing to me. And it did say may have tragic consequences. And Greg would think the same thing. Maybe it will pass...

I don't know but that probably wouldn't be to big of a deal, but big enough to carry out all season. The more he sees this person struggling, the more he needs to either help them or tell someone.

Ugh, if he did end up telling someone and that someone had to leave, how would the rest of team react to Greg? I wonder if it would be like, "how could you" attitude?

Wow, I think about this stuff a little too much..

14. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

i wonder if its about something we already know about...like for example..him covering for cathrine. but now it could come back an haunt him, with it turning into something big because now her mistake makes her involved in a case or something???

also on one of the articles posted on this thread Carol Mendelson said that the viewers will know about GSR and not the CSIs. she said we will always be ahead or something. so i dont think greg could know about it.

15. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I can't come up with a plausible scenario that wouldn't leave Greg looking bad. It'll probably be something stupid like Greg blabs to the press about an important casae or he becomes a mole in the lab for Ecklie or a higher up--since those ploys worked for CSI:Miami, I can see the writers trotting them out to use on this show, too. Nothing I've heard so far has convinced me to tune in again this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.