Flack/Monroe #2 - It's a Block Party Thing!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by CSI_Watcher_8, Jul 12, 2006.

1. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I love writing AU's.. AR's are nice too, muahwhw.

Everything's becomin' a freaking popularity contest, and I'm not the type if my ship happens, I'm gonna go up to your face and say haha Mine happened and yours didn't, because I wouldn't want them to say it to me.

2. audacity

audacity Pathologist

Emily,

Don't get discouraged. I, of all people, want the D/L ship to sail, but that doesn't mean that other ships shouldn't be considered. I don't even think that the PTB will focus on a D/L relationship that much---it's a forensics show. Even so, I think Lindsay will get a chance to work with Flack this year and think they will have some great scenes. Of course, there is always fan fiction! :cool:

I have to agree with those that were talking about other CSI ships after GSR happened. Sorry to go into this, but, since the season finale, I've seen a lot of other CSI ships carry on and continue to grow.

This is hard coming from me, but nothing is locked in---it's fiction. There are so many ships they can explore.

Chin up everyone! ;)

3. CathStokes

Give my Auda props for all of that. She has a very great point.

4. csicat

csicat Police Officer

Oh boy . . .

My poor little shippers. I've neglected my D/L shippiness for a while now, just because I found that this thread is much more fun. Now, I'm not saying that I love this whole thing about D/L actually happening, but if it happens now (earlier on in the series) it gives the writers more of a chance to have them go out and then possibly break up later on.

If they do it right (and by that I mean having Lindsay show up on Flack's doorstep for his . . . *ahem* comfort after that happened), it might actually be fun to watch.

Now, I actually have a discussion question this time :) :
    What pet names/nicknames do you think they would call each other? :D

5. iluvroadrunner

iluvroadrunner Pathologist

:D we did this in the flack thread, and although having lindsay call him it may not be what they had in mind...

but flack was my snoogly bear for a while there...so i will pass the torch to lindsay, and ask her to call him it with all the sugary annoyingly blond sweetness she can manage.

and i don't have one for lindsay, but i read in a fic, (yours i believe, csicat) that he called her angel, and i think that's really adorable, so i would go with that one.

6. CathStokes

ooh I love both of those nicknames :D They could def work, and Angel is very cute.

7. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

ShadowDiva, I'm not sure they will specifically mention it but I don't think they will gloss over it. (well I hope not because it gives them a chance to make Flack more snarky)
    Csicat, I do like the nickname for Lindsay of Angel. Flack is harder. She just might only expand his name like Donnie or Flackie. I don't think he would want a nickname that is to cute and that couldn't be say in public. (you know in front of the guys) ;)

8. ShadowDiva

ShadowDiva Dead on Arrival

What about something like "Blue"? Sort of after his eyes, although he's a cop, so the blue fits with the uniform, too. I dunno. I haven't actually been to sleep yet (it's a long story), so I'm kinda running on fumes. If it's a totally stupid suggestion, just ignore me. :p

9. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I would like to think nothing about our couple is stupid, so no your suggestion isn't stupid. It could be a code name on the phone, haven't decided yet if it could work as a nickname yet. (I love the color blue which might explain not giving up on it so quickly) ;)

10. CathStokes

"Blue" could work, but I also like her calling him, Donnie or Flackie. hehe (taking our nicknames for him, huh? lol)

11. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Even though it would be cute for him to have a really sweet pet name. I can see him being more ok with something that is a slang of his name rather then boo-boo or something. ;) (well unless its in bed. sorry slip into the gutter for a minute)

12. AmandaSzmanda

AmandaSzmanda CSI Level Two

When I read CSI_W's suggestion about Donnie, I imdeitatly thought of Donald Duck :eek: Can you imagine Linds calling him that on TV :lol:

13. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

AmandaSzmanda seems normal to be. Probably because my brother's name is Ron and our family calls him Ronnie. So it's not a strech for Don to be Donnie. ;)

14. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

Donnie and Linds seem like perfectly normal cute nicknames for each other. I can see them calling each other those. I can't see them calling each other 'pookie' or anything, though. Definitely not.

In other news, I have finished the fanmix and I'll be posting it in my LJ tonight-- it's friends only, so if you're not friended yet, my name is myherodrowning and just drop a comment and I'll add you. If you don't have a LJ, just PM me and I'll email you the links to the songs. You'll miss out a bit though, in my journal I'm posting a tiny explanation about why I chose that song for the mix.

15. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I can see Linds calling him Flackie as like a pet name... that would be sooo cute!