Flack/Monroe #2 - It's a Block Party Thing!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by CSI_Watcher_8, Jul 12, 2006.

1. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

Guys, people have certain views on characters/actors and most of it isn't bashing.

Anyway, have you all been to the spoiler thread? If not, don't go. You may need tissues.

2. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I'm gonna become anti-spoiler aren't I?

I think Flack will be in the first few episodes, but I don't think they'll be having him doing anything major.

3. iluvroadrunner

iluvroadrunner Pathologist

i heard that he is. and that he's interrogating. which is a good sign.

and i will write more. i always write more. it's what i do. not necessarily more to that particular piece, cuz i have a fic to-do list a mile long.

and i've been to the spoiler thread, and i want to cry. read my rant in the D/L thread.

...i've been ranting a lot today.

4. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

No, no I only want to be spolied if its good news for my ship. So if you guys say good for us and bad for the other ships then I will be a happy shipper! ;)

5. iluvroadrunner

it's not for us.

unless you ship D/L too. then it's good news.

but if you're anti-canon ships, although i'm probably the only person in the world who is, than its not so great.

6. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Well then I hope its not a huge something and more of something I can chose not to read into. ;) I like both ships but I think its to soon to have GSR kind of thing in our faces. I don't like extreme long-streched out development of a ship but its only been one season for Lindsay. We don't know her that well.

7. iluvroadrunner

i agree. and i just don't like the fact that when ships become canon, it's like TPTB are telling you which way you're supposed to see these character's relationships. and this show really is a procedural drama, so there isn't supposed to be a focus on the relationships at all.

shipping is more for the fans. when TPTB get in on it too, it's not as much fun.

8. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I love my ships, their so cute.

Anyways, Sometimes its a good thing, because they give you great moments, but I love the ones that are totally not planned. :D And I love all the angst with it. ;) I'm just an angsty kind of girl.

Em, glad you agree that your going to keep writing.

And yeah, I agree, its to soon for another GSR thing, I wanna know more about Linds.

9. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

okay guys, I've given up, what does "canon" mean?

10. iluvroadrunner

canon means actually worked into the show's script.

so the whole GSR scene at the end of the season? that would be GSR becoming canon.

and i agree that it's too soon for this kinda thing on the show. it's different when it's Grissom and Sara because it's been seven seasons already, but it's only been three for NY and lindsay's only really been on the show for two. way to soon to start pulling that kinda stuff.

11. ShadowDiva

ShadowDiva Dead on Arrival

Technically, it's less than 2, cause she came in in 2.3. And it doesn't matter, guys. If you're gonna write fic, write fic. The fact that a particular ship is canon does not stop you from writing other ships. Do you think Snickers fans will quit writing fic just because TPTB chose to canonize GSR? Answer: No, they won't. So as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter if they make D/L canon. I as a fan can still choose not to accept it (and I won't), and I can write my way around it in fanfic. (What do you guys think AUs are for? ;))

12. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

ok what is an AU? I love snickers and I paying no attention to GSR. But you also have enough episode to help. Where Lindsay like you said started 2.3. I just think its too soon for any ship. ;) but as along as they don't make it in my face or only focus on it I will hopefully be fine. And if you fine people keep writing me FM stories, I will be a FM shipper.

13. iluvroadrunner

i know that. doesn't mean i, or any other shipper for that matter, wants to have it rubbed in their face that their ship actually happened.

it's like a freaking popularity contest.

14. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

oh okay thanks man! I've heard it so many times and was like dude, what does it mean! thanks Em

15. ShadowDiva

ShadowDiva Dead on Arrival

AU = Alternate Universe. It's a fanfic writer's best friend. You can use it to ignore plots you hated. *cough Aiden dying cough* You just put a note on your story that says plot X never happened, or plot X actually happened this way. As far as people bragging that their ship actually happened, I just ignore them. I've always been a shipper of unconventional couples, so I'm used to them not happening. And immature people who are going to brag about their ship happening and others' not, aren't worth my time.

And back on topic:

Do you think if Flack and Lindsay have a scene together in the premiere that the events of the finale will be specifically mentioned? Or will they just be glossed over?