Tea and Scones ~ english thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guest, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

And my american friend always, I mean ALWAYS laughs at me when I mention me drinking tea/making tea. She even asked me if I drink tea with the Queen. :lol: :rolleyes:

2. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Ugh for kidneys.. and ugh for black pudding.. EEEWWW.. well, makes sense though, since I'm not English :rolleyes: Though I don't mind eating white pudding.. preferably not, but if I really have to I'm OK with it.. *wonders why she should be forced eating white pudding*

*wanders off to Dutch thread*

3. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

Anything with liver and kidney in it....I just can't eat it. My mum has probably slipped stuff in without me knowing though.

I'm probably one of the few that actually like black pudding, I don't know why, I suppose it's very savoury. :lol:

Sometimes people (no offence to Americans or any other people) are really stupid when it comes to the Mother Country :lol: I asked one american (when I lived there) about what they thought about London and they said, "Isn't England the capital of London? Like Washington DC is the capital of the states?" I was a little gob-smacked, I had taken the decency to learn all 50 states and their capitals, yet they coundn't figure out that England was it's own country.

Some people really do think London is its own country.

With the languages thing, don't we also have cockney rhyming slang? (e.g. I walked up the apples & pears = I walked up the stairs) There's also an official site for you to learn it. :lol: If you google it, it should come up.

And Celtic_Angel I do remember....

4. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

:lol: heh.. and I met this English guy (Rob, forgive me if you read this) who thought that Amsterdam was a country on its own and that Kopenhagen or Denmark was its capital.. come on.. that made me wonder.. do English people go to school?? :confused: :lol: Nahh, I'm joking :p

5. Me2u

Me2u Hit and Run

I think every country has its fair share of dumb people :lol:

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

*gags* Yuk! I tried it a few years ago for the first time and I'm still trying to get the taste out of my mouth. :eek: :lol:

I don't mind liver, I can stand liver. Kidney not so keen on, I will eat a steak and kidney pie - I'll just pick out the pastry and streak and eat that. :lol:

Anyone ever tried Jellied Eels? :lol:

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I ate Yorkshire pudding (orwhateveritwas) at weddings :rolleyes:

What comes to rain stereotype! I was there in Sep for four days and it only rained during one night :eek:

But seriously... tea stereotype is so... well, it exists! Man, took me a day until I realised it's better to say "tea" when someone asked "would you like coffee or tea?" because their "coffee" would always mean that icky instant coffee.

And that marmelade. Sticking it everywhere :eek: I can understand it on toast or Digestives or Tu'cs but... :rolleyes:

8. wibble

wibble Corpse

Jellied Eels? :lol: Never heard of those :p

Ohhh, I haven't had Yorkshire Pudding for ages :( I love it when it's made with sausages, which means it's then called Toad in the Hole :D

Yes, tea is always better than coffee here (in my opinion), and as for marmalade...well, personally, I dislike the stuff, Gimme me Marmite any day :D

9. Tinkerbell

Really? I think Jellied Eels is a London thing. I remember they once had them on Eastenders, some strange episode where they had a party at the night cafe. :lol: Honestly, they look as gross as they sound, but I can't say I've ever had the guts to try one. :eek:

I love Yorkshire pudding. :D My Mum does them every Sunday with our roast dinner. 'Toad In The Hole' is gorgeous, I've not had that for ages. :(

Urgh Marmite! :eek: You either love it or hate it, I'm the latter. :lol: As is my sister having chocolate spread on toast, makes my stomach turn. :eek: :p

10. greenfieldcsi

greenfieldcsi CSI Level Two

Ditto on that I also love Yorkshire pudding and have it every sunday lunch with roast beef.

Well I'm english and I still completly agree with you..can't stand kidneys.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

omg hate kidneys, liver, carrots, marmite and dislike yorkshire puds, used to have them with jam on when i was a kid.

well the weather is scorchio today and its only 9.45 am.
    as for having grass in london lmao. where i am you can see green for miles lol, dont like walking on it in bare feet though.

had scones with whipped cream after tea last night.

yes fellow yorkshire person i call it dinner and tea too lol.
    dinner at dinnertime and tea at teatime.

i tried jellied eels once in southend and they are gross like swallowing the contents of your nose (to be polite)

no offence intended in any of my remarks

12. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Ah! I LOVE YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS! Just a shame it's just so fattening. They go so great with Roast Sunday dinners. and Ive not had toad in the hole for ages either actually! My mother makes a mean toad in the hole. :(

And...eugh, how can you all like marmite?! :eek: :lol: It's sick. :|

13. Tinkerbell

I agree! :lol:

Does anyone remember that advert here in the UK for Marmite, when the guy kisses his girlfriend and she had just eaten Marmite on toast. :lol: Man, that was funny.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

LOL yeah i remember it, think i would do the same if nige tried that on me.

talking of food (fav subject) just had a mean toasted currant teacake with loads of butter, was scrummy.

15. wibble

wibble Corpse

I remember that too :lol:

There's also another advert out in cinemas, advertising the new Marmite squeezy pots, though is not as funny as that old one IMO. :p

Though it looks like I'm the only marmite-lover around here :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.