Why Lindsay Must Go

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by JDonne, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Way go to audrina :D

I too think she was pushed to the forefront last season. They should have kept her in the background for much of the season and given Hawkes more of a chance. Viewers could have warmed up to her better if she hadn't been forced on us. It was like "here's the new girl, like her".

Backgrounds would be nice for all the characters. I know if it was me, I would be more comfortable playing a character that I knew more of the background besides "she comes from Montana and has a dark secret". How do you play that? Does this dark secret haunt you every day or is it just a part of your life. Maybe if TPTB had an idea of that dark secret before they ever started filming, Anna could have fit into the role of Lindsay better.

Then again, Jonathan was brought into Miami without much of a background either and he still managed to pull off his character. He wasn't exactly pushed to the forefront but he was an integral part of the cast. Of course, he had to be because they have the fewest CSI's of any of the CSI shows.

Maybe TPTB will delve into Lindsay's past this season that will explain her erratic behavior. That could save face not only for them but also for Anna. All they have to do is have a case that is the same or similar to what her dark past is. That would force her to deal with it and have it come out. Of course me being me, I think Mac should be the one to be there for her and comfort her instead of **you know who**. :p

Aside from the **don't know what she's gonna be like** Lindsay moments, NY was one of the best shows to watch last season and Lindsay did have some likeable scenes last season. No matter how much she gets on my nerves, it'll never be enough to keep me from watching this show. Unless...after that last scene in CoTP where Danny gave Lindsay a ride home, they have a thing now. :mad: Just kidding, I wouldn't like it but I still wouldn't stop watching. :D

2. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

Well...everyone knows I'm an Anna Fan. lol. I've just to come in a put my two cents. And I will try not to cause an arguement. Meaning, I'll try not to sound bitchy when I'm not.

Okay, I know this is not a Lindsay Thread, right? Well I have been lurking over here alot and every two or three pages i am reading the same thing but yet by a different poster. I think you guys have made your points about why Lindsay must go by page three?? I don't undersatnd why you keep posting same thing eight pages later? We get why you don't like her, and why you think she must go. Done. Leave it at that.

And, to me, it seems that you eight or so people that post in this thread think you make up the NY fan base. you don't. Your opinons do not carry more weight then others just becasue you think that the Linday dislikers are more vocal then the Lindsay lovers.

====

Top, you said this a bit earlier
    Yet someone else said that our opinon, (us Lindsay fans) our words shouldn't hold too much weight?? Hmmm..You girls seriously underestimate the Lindsay/Anna fans and how much there really is.
    Example: Natalie was HATED on Miami by the fan the writers understood this and got rid of her. Now really, if Lindsay was hated as much as you all said she is, then she would of been written off in the season finale instead of coming back in s3.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Alyssa, please don't tell people what to post. If it gets repetitive in here, it's no different than people talking about Carmine's arms, or Danny's bitching or Anna's hair.

I don't think anyone in here thinks their opinions carry more weight than others, but it is notable that Lindsay has created more ire among the fans than any other main character (in the opening credits) on a CSI show. There might only be eight regular posters in here, but many more have come in here to voice their concerns about the character. Lindsay has both her fans and her detractors, and I would guess they're probably about equal in number, at least on this board.

And Natalia hasn't been written out of CSI: Miami. Quite the opposite--despite fan dislike, she's being put in the main credits next season. ;)

4. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

As far as I'm aware, Natalia is being put out into the field. They're making her a CSI.

And for the record, I like Natalia, thanks.

Alyssa, if I were to stroll into the pro-Lindsay threads and say you guys really didn't need to use up dozens of pages about how nice Anna's hair is, or how refereshing Lindsay is, or how wonderful Lindsay and Danny are as a couple, so could you stop already, please/thanks, you'd all be totally offended. Please tell me why you thought we wouldn't be by your post? There are more than eight posters in this thread - the regulars simply come back and support a newcomer when they come in and go "I saw this, and thought this about Lindsay". And we're happy to discuss things reasonably with Lindsay fans also - go ask Audrina. Lindsay fans don't have the defining opinion either, and there are other forums just as vocal as we are about their dislike.

I thought the "Lindsay war" had calmed down. I guess I was wrong?

5. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

^Amen, sister. The fact of the matter is, everyone is entitled to their own thoughts, feelings, and opinions of Anna/Lindsay. And those who do not like her have just as much right to express that, as those that do like her have. The number of pages spent discussing it is really irrelevant.

6. pinkforensics

pinkforensics Victim

See, I'm a Lindsay fan, and I completely agree with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's why there are threads designated to fit the opinions/needs of the members here.

What upsets me is when posters get a little too "creative" with their posts and state that Ms. Belknap blackmailed the producers to get her role on the show. Posts/rumours such as that give people that are pro-Lindsay/Anna a bad feeling about the people who are anti-Lindsay/Anna. IMHO, I didn't join this board to read through comments that are beyond "constructive criticism" and to the point where they are derogatory and sound like they have been ripped straight from a National Enquirer headline.

I accept the fact that you guys have different opinions than mine (how boring would the world be if everyone had the same thoughts and opinions?) and have no qualms with anyone being concise in expressing what they think are Lindsay's downfalls in contrast to bashing the actress.

I, too, like Natalia (for the most part), and like Eva La Rue, I personally think Anna Belknap is doing the best she can with what she's been given. Not everyone is expected to love all of the characters equally.

7. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

I don't think it's being understood that for many of us, part of why we do not like Lindsay's character as a whole is because of the way Anna Belknap portrays her. We have discussed many times how much our blame falls on the writers and how much lays at Anna Belknap's feet. We are not 'bashing' the actress. We are debating her talents, which should be open for debate for Anna as well as for any other actor on TV whether it's NY or not. Not a single one of us here claims to know Anna or to ascribe anything to her. In fact, discussing her hair, her relationship with her husband, what she likes to do, her hobbies and talents, are all far more personal a discussion than anything we have had in here regarding her, and creepy in a stalker sort of way to my way of thinking, but to each their own. Now, had we been using those various points to 'bash' a woman none of us know, it would be a good argument, and quite unworthy of the discussions we have had. But to try and say that our sole argument against Lindsay is simply the character herself would be a delusional lie. Others think Anna's talent is great and wonderful, good for them. Think what ever you want and allow us the same.

Not once has any poster from this thread gone to the Lindsay Love thread and insulted and argued and posted vile things trying to wage a 'war'. We respect you enough to let you love Anna and Lindsay in any way you want and I don't understand why we are not accorded the same respect.

We do not like the Lindsay character. Many of us feel part of the blame lies with Anna Belknap's acting ability. If you disagree with either of those statements, feel free to discuss it with us, we welcome discussion, but to simply say we're hateful and post rants against us serves no purpose and we, quite frankly, are all tired of it. You will not change the way we feel and not one of us has tried to change the way you feel.

The thread title speaks for itself. Debate is welcome, berating us for our not agreeing with you is not.

8. pinkforensics

pinkforensics Victim

Now, I don't know if your post is directed at me, Jaer, but as I said in my post, I respect your opinions. I didn't come here and berate you in any way for not being a fan of her. All I said was that false statements made about her are not right.

If it was not directed at me, simply ignore this post.

9. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

I think the whole blackmailing the producers of the show was just some people cracking jokes. I'd have to go back and check but I doubt that the posters seriously believe that, they were just trying to be funny.

10. Top41

^You're absolutely right, Carrie. There are some that humor is lost upon, though. Let's try to keep things civil in here. ;)

No one here would make, or would allow, actual slander directed at any of the actors on the show. But criticizing the actors' performaces is allowed here. As is a little humor.

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Let's bump this thing back up. I was able to watch Stealing Home last night and now I can give my opinion from seeing it myself instead of just what I heard on here. :) Why on earth Lindsay said "Do you think he calls me Montana because I'm a 49er's fan?" Please tell me she didn't really think that and that she was just being sarcastic. But Hammerback's comeback "No, he calls you that because he's got a crush on you". That had to be the biggest bunch of bull***t I've ever heard. Where did that come from and why would Hammerback say that? I had never noticed that Danny's ever acted like he has a crush on her. Sure he flirts but if you count that, then he's got a crush on everybody male or female. :p Of course I'm sure that if D/L does become a reality then everyone will decide that he did indeed have a crush on her. I don't think that's the case. I think something's gonna happen in season 3 (if it didn't already happen in the finale) that kinda pushes them together and will probably only be brief. After Flack's accident and all the other bad things for Danny to deal with in season 2, Danny needed somebody to turn to and there she was (not like she wasn't whining about a ride home all day). Something will push them together out of necessity then hopefully fizzle out quick.

Can Anna and Carmine pull off a relationship? I doubt it. Well, if anybody can it would be Carmine. They have trouble with the flirting part so how would they be able to act like a couple? They have no chemistry at all. As stated before, Carmine almost forces himself to get through those lines. Even Anna doesn't have much enthusiasm in the delivery.

12. Top41

^Yeah, "Stealing Home" had some pretty bad Lindsay moments in it. She made for a convincing psycho at the end, and I did think her scene with the father was good, but there was more screaming at suspects and more mopey Lindsay. Ugh x 3.

The crush line communicated this to me: there's no real chemistry between Danny and Lindsay, so the writers had to spell out in no uncertain terms that this is what they're going for with the two. When there's real chemistry and heat between two people, no third party ever has to say a word. It's right there for the audience to see.

13. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

Yeah, I have to agree with you. If there was any chemistry between the two of them, the writers wouldn't feel the need to spell it out for us in great big letters. We would have already known that Danny had a crush on her, because the chemistry would have been there. As it stands, Danny had more chemistry with the swordfish in "Dancing With The Fishes" than he does with Lindsay.

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Good point Top. Yes, TPTB had to do that because otherwise how would we know what the writers' intentions were? Now, the chemistry between Flack and Danny does not have to be spelled out. They just ooze chemistry whenever they are in a scene together. Like last night. I thought Flack was gonna fall down the stairs he was staring at Danny so hard. :lol: You just don't see chemistry like that between Danny and Lindsay. If Hammerback hadn't said what he did, I never would have suspected Danny of having a crush on Lindsay. But I still don't think he does.

15. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

Exactly. The "chemistry" between these two? What chemistry? I'm sorry but I thought there was a small spark at first but this whole Danny/Lindsay thing has turned into a High School romance gone wrong. It's becoming slightly immature and I think that's another reason why people are driven away from Lindsay.

To me, the woman doesn't seem like she can handle herself in any situation besides closing a case. She has no personality besides hitting on Danny.

Boring.

I hope they do something about this next season because I'm not sure how much pain I can handle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.