Let's Talk about the Weather - #4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Alrighty people! Move to Finland :D

Blue1 has cheap flights ;)

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

:lol: If you see a strange girl hanging around the Tescos frozen food section, that'll be me! :lol:

I agree wibble, luckily I'm on a half day tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to be able to do as much as I was going to do, today I'm too tired to even drag myself into another room, I can't even begin to think how I'm going to be tomorrow. The heat just takes it all out of you. :(

I'd laugh if, after all this hype it's turns about to be about 10c. :lol: Ah well, I can dream. :p

3. nessy

nessy Witness

I'm sweating here. It's far too hot here in Bedford and everything is sticking to me, clothes, chairs, hair. Horrible. This is the only time that I love my job- I work in a supermarket with easy access to large fridges and freezers. Just make an excuse and sit in them for a while. But alas tomorrow being a hot day, I'm going to be roasting as I'm on the hot deli all day cooking chickens.

4. never_a_promise

never_a_promise Pathologist

It's 93°F or 34°C here at the minute.

5. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

It's a lovely 110 degrees right now :eek:

6. wibble

wibble Corpse

Thanks Ducky! Does that mean we can all crash at your place? I'll sleep in the stable with the cows if I have to, just gemme out this heat :eek: :lol:

*packs bags and books airplane tickets*

Guess what I heard on the radio late this afternoon? The DJ said:

"Trains into Oxford are being delayed because of the melting tracks"

Terrific. Now the bloody country is falling apart.

Now I've just about heard it all :lol:

Tink, it's good you have half day tomorrow at work. I feel for the people who have to wear shirts and ties to work, or have no AC.

But all this hotness means...we get thunderstorms! :D starting tomorrow night apparently.

7. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Right now, the actual temerature is 96F, but feels like 101F. Well, tonight we're getting thunderstorms. In fact we've had heat advisorys in affect. They say that the air is actually unsafe because of the heat.

8. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

Horrible !!! 36°c in Paris today ( I suppose it's nearly 100°F) :(

9. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

Too hot . 11 pm and still about 30°C

10. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Mwahahahahah :devil: I feel sorry for you all.. NOT!

wibbsy... now when UK's trains have been safe? :p
    And we actually have two empty rooms in the house so no need to sleep with cows :p

I think for tomorrow... let's see. Foreca says +12c and Ilmatieteenlaitos says +15c

:devil:

11. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

Yesterday, we had the biggest thunderstorm I've seen in years, with gale force winds. It was raining so hard I couldn't even see the houses on the other side of the crescent... and they're about 500 feet from my home! Scary... I think that, had it been winter, we would have had 3 inches of snow in 30 minutes... I was watching a very good movie (Manhunter :D) when, poof, I lost electricity... I think it was restored 3 or 4 hours later, while I was sleeping.

On the good side, the temperature dropped about 10 degrees Celsius, so it's more pleasant today.

12. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Last evening was pretty good, had cooled down to a 'normal' temperature that I could actually go outside without sweating my arse off :) It's still cool outside now,well it's only 6am.. I wonder what the day will bring.. weather-wise that is.

13. csi_fanatic87

csi_fanatic87 CSI Level Three

Yikes! Again it was REALLY hot today. It got up to 103°F here. If I even want to go outside I have to do that early in the morning.

14. wibble

wibble Corpse

Unfortunately, last night was sticky like that - sweating all the time. Though I managed to get some sleep eventually. Hmm, it's just gone 6 a.m. here and almost 20 Celsius.

15. YouandMe1105

YouandMe1105 Lab Technician

We had some pretty nasty thunderstorms over here, knocked out alot of power but not mine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.