Favorite and Least Favorite Episodes of Season 2?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 22, 2006.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Amen, to all of your post but especially this part. It was a cheap, unoriginal and cliched thrill. Let's take a strong woman and put her in danger because we've never seen that before. It's a subtle, subversive way of undercutting strong women. It's always sexualized as well. No one buried Aiden or Stella alive like what happened with Nick on CSI.

2. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Amen sister! I've been re-watching S1, and the Stella and Aiden characters that they built up in those episodes were, quite frankly, hardasses. Stella wouldn't let herself be intimidated by anyone and Aiden gave Det. Thacker a good dressing down in "Officer Blue" when he was checking her out at a crime scene. It was cheap and ridiculous to let them get victimized in the way that they were. These are not stupid women - why put them in these situations?

That said, I only saw the last 15 minutes of "Heroes", so I'll have to wait for it to come back in reruns to catch it in full. :(

3. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I was just saying as far as Stella goes I believe this was the first time I've seen her made a victim. Never said you don't see it all the time(cause we have) but, women aren't the only ones. Like someone pointed out look at Nick on CSI. He was kidnapped & buried alive. All I'm saying is even with your best training no matter how good something can go wrong but, enough of that. I'm sorry I said anything.

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Yes, but I think you're missing an important distinction. The violence against Stella and Aiden was sexualized; the violence against Nick wasn't. Stella was attacked and beaten by her ex-boyfriend while wearing a little sundress, while Aiden was killed (and possibly raped) by a rapist. Nick was buried alive--nothing sexual about that.

You can also contrast the ways they ended up in danger. While Nick was investigating what appeared to be a legitimate crime scene, Stella acted totally out of character by ignoring the blatant warning signs indicating Frankie was a real danger. That might have been plausible if it hadn't been for the fact that we'd been told Stella was so cautious that she never let a man come to her apartment, or even know where she lived. So Frankie in her apartment would have set off major warning bells, if the writers had bothered staying true to her character.

Same thing with Aiden. Aiden was following someone she knew was a dangerous rapist, and yet she naively follows him into an empty alley? This one was a little less offensive to me, but still pretty out of character if you think about it.

Springmoon, I'm in complete agreement about the way Stella and Aiden were presented last season. I loved them, and I loved the fact that emotional , needy people on the show were men. The women were tough. It's one of the biggest and most disappointing differences between last year and this one.

5. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Not really though, she was pretty obsessed with the guy.

6. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Why would you say a thing like that! It's just one of those discussions that managed to produce a very sticky discussion. When this thread first started, I didn't think that people would be so very passionate about "All Access". Besides, the fun arguments are what keep the board lively. That and the smut in the gutter - also known as the Locker Room! :lol:

7. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Wow, what a great thread. Came here to rave about my two favorite episodes: Trapped and Run Silent Run Deep. Danny in a tank top and Danny crying. HOT! :devil: But you've all written such insightful things about my least favorite episode, All Access, that you actually managed to remove the tasty Danny visuals from my head for a moment. :eek: Excellent discussion of All Access. Sucked hard. Hated it. For all the reasons already mentioned.

EDIT: Just noticed Springmoon's location. LOVE it! :D

8. kitten_25

kitten_25 Dead on Arrival

I luv them all but my fav is Trapped and for one reason danny

9. Guest

Guest Guest

[ Hello! I'm new here. ]

For that question...I like Manhattan Manhunt the best..

10. pinkforensics

pinkforensics Victim

It's so difficult to pick!

Favourites
    All Access: Though many of you disliked this episode because of the violence Stella is seen struggling through, I liked the episode. (And no, I'm not a masochist. :p) The flashbacks were a creative method of re-telling the events, even if the Kid Rock story was lame, and seeing Frankie get blown away was nice. :lol:
    Run Silent, Run Deep: The acting effort put forth by Mr. Giovinazzo had "Emmy" written all over it, though it's sad to see the awards panel snubbed the CSI franchise for acting noms...again. The case was interesting and the cast put forth exceptional performances (including Ms. Belknap).
    Charge of this Post: The plot concept was interesting, even if seeing Flack hurt was painful. :(

(There are a few other episodes I love, though I'll save ramble.)

Least Favourites
    Necrophilia Americana: Too boring. IMHO, there was little substance in this episode to keep it interesting.
    Heroes: I was looking forward to seeing the Marines case, though missed most of it in the mess also known as Aiden's death. The death of the Marine became second fiddle to finding Aiden's killer; it should've been re-written into another episode to express the message the writers were going for.

Edited to add supporting opinions.

11. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

Favorite Episodes: God, that is a hard question. I was tempted to go with Trapped, because Carmine just did such a great job in that. But, in the end, hormones won out and I have to go with a tie between Manhattan Manhunt and Corporate Warriors. Why? Gary Sinise of course. That last scene in Manhunt, I get all hot and bothered just thinking about it. And Warriors has the infamous black T-shirt/katana scene. I still can't look at a sword without getting all worked up.

Least favorite: All Access, hands down. It was the worst episode of CSI:NY ever. Total assassination of Stella's character, if you ask me.

12. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

That's beyond sad. It's a tragedy, in my opinion. Carmine's performance in Run Silent, Run Deep was absolutely Emmy caliber and I hate to see him and the show get ignored. :(

13. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I voted 'Trapped' for my favourite episode and 'Jamelot' for the least favourite.

14. orgasmicbilly

orgasmicbilly Lab Technician

MY FAVE: i chose chanrge of This Post because......mac topless....need we ask for more??
    ok it sucked a bit due to flack in hospital but there was also a lil bit of SMACked thrown in for good measure lol :devil:

MY LEAST FAVE:summer in the city because its the only episode of all the csi's i cant remember which cant be a good sign??

15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax CSI Level One

I'd have to say Run Silent Run Deep did it for me. :) I loved how Danny was all emotional, and at the end, Mac was there for him... such a great moment IMO.

Least fav? Probably the one where they decided to kill Aiden :( (and only b/c they decided to kill her and she didn't even get that much of a screen time :mad: but a 'good' emotional episode anyway). Was that Heroes? I can't remember the name of the ep. :confused: