Josh Groban ~Grobanites Unite!~

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by HoratioAndMe, Aug 11, 2005.

?

Grade 'Rest in Pieces'

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. A

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. B+

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. B

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. C+

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. D

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fanatic6

Fanatic6 Police Officer

I don't have a car, which is good because I'm afraid of driving, but I'm sure I can trick someone into helping me start a Grobie car pool... then again, I'm in New York, so I don't know how much help I would be.

And I wish Josh wold throw himself into the crowd... at me... into the crowd.

2. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Oh yeah, holding Joshy up in the air and actually getting to touch him. I'm feeling faint just thinking about iT! I'd prefer the head but any part of him would be nice.

Hey, long time no caption:

Josh and manager Jack

Jack: Lord Josh Vader, this is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence...

Josh: You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. I'm here to put you back on schedule.

By the way, the guy with the camcorder is Josh's younger brother Chris. :)

3. Palm

Palm Coroner

:lol: He is so classic. For being such a soulful singer, he has the best sense of humor...

4. Fanatic6

Fanatic6 Police Officer

Josh is a funny guy. We need to get him on SNL. I forget who it was, but I know the host has also been the musical guest before. That would be the best episode of SNL ever. I say we start petition!

Caption:

Josh: I see you have a pointy stick, but I have one too. LET US DUEL!

5. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Joshy on SNL would be awesome, I know he's been wanting to get on there for the longest time. I mean come on people! He's cute, goofy, and can sing. Give the dude a try.

6. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

hey Hummer i`m at last here. :D as i see AB thread go well without me and i decide to keep my promise and have find some albums of JG ;) now i own 2 CD of JG work Josh Groban - Closer (2003)and Josh Groban - Josh Groban (2001). wow even my music skill and hobby are not my strong side, honestly can say that like a lot his style :) now i`m listen his song To where you are...ehhhh... :) thanks for show me this miss by my side :p

7. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Aw, Pusher you've made my day today. So glad you made it. I own those CD's also. I think the most suprising thing about him is the difference between his looks and the voice. It just suprised me when I saw that the owner of that voice was this thin, young, curly-haired, goofy guy.

Closer and [/i]Josh Groban[/i] albums are the only ones he has released so far. However, this September (around the same time AB's new movie comes out) he will be releasing another CD internationally. So keep an eye out for that.

Hope to see you around here more and if you ever have any questions about Josh, feel free to ask me or the other Grobies. :D

8. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

^ i`m glad to make ur day :D u too have make my evening with this choice of music. i was a lot tired and this songs come to me like one rest/relief :)

i was think exactly the same things, but was afraid to write it in my post :p JG have gorgeous voice, but his view ...uhh...hi is sweet but after i hear his songs have expect to see one big 'solid' man :lol:

what type of music style he sing ?!

9. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

The style is called opera but he sometimes combines both pop and opera. Thus the word 'popra' was born. :) A lot to grasp.

Also for more Groban related stuff, and a translation to stuff like: Grobanites, Grobania, etc., I think HnM posted the Grobanictionary a couple pages back.

No need to be afraid to put something in your post. I'm really interested in all of your views on Josh and would indeed like to hear them. So please, feel free to say what you think. :)

Josh's looks, among us Grobies, is usually defined as Geekery. He's cute and all but still super Geeky. That's a big part of what makes Josh...well, Josh. He can sound like this big powerful man but he's really this super geeky guy with tennis shoes and jokes. Trust me, Ani. You'll love him lots more later after you get to know him!

10. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

ok i`ll risk and put my afraid aside :p one other stranger impression of JG, i have notice that his music style sound a lot like opera , but somehow i make connection with Hulio Iglesias or Frank Sinatra too :) don`t know why :lol: but it`s truth that have to know JG better so to start like him more and more :) for now one of my fav songs are My December and You're the Only Place. i have search in the net for his lyrics and wow...love all texts :D did he alone write them ?!

hope HnM soon to be OK and back in this forum. she`ll be happy to see this place alive like HY thread too :D

11. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Josh certainly shares a lot of the style put forth from those two. Josh has even said that if he had one wish it'd be to meet & sing with Sinatra. So he's a big fan and very respectful.

Those are lovely songs. I've actually got Josh lyrics in my signature. It's from the the song 'When you say you love me,' it's become a fav of mine.

I think Josh helps write some of his songs but I'm not sure which ones he wrote, co-wrote, or didn't write. I've never really thought about it. I'll check it out.

12. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

awww yes the song 'When you say you love me' is very good one.

i don`t know why but keep feel that same of his songs are old lyrics make to sound like new ...

thanks in advance for verify the info did he wrote or co-wrote his songs :D

13. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

You're welcome for the info.

And, to give you a better idea of who Josh is, here's a bio that was put together over at 8notes.com. Sorry if it's a bit lengthy.

14. Fanatic6

Fanatic6 Police Officer

Haha... Josh likes the same South Park characters as I do. I swear, that guy should get a guest role on the show. He has the same taste in movies too...

Sorry for the recent post lackage, I've been out of town.

15. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Welcome back Fanatic6. *hugs* I went by the pickles a couple of times and you weren't there. :( So glad you're back!

I think the most suprising thing about that info is that Josh went to the prom without a date. Just imagine if he'd actually asked someone and she turned him down! That girl is, now and forever, kicking herself.