How do you feel about Lindsay?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Carrieattheprom, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

Anna Belknap sucks as an actress and needs to be removed from the show so that NY will be interesting again. I'd rather see Danny in a relationship with Hammerback than sit through any more of the pain that is D/L.

2. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

I believe Danny and Hammerback would be a very successful relationship, given that both Carmine and Robert are established and amazing actors, while I feel Lindsay is lacking in that category.

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^LMAO...Danny and Hammerback :lol: :lol: :lol: There would definately be more chemistry and would probably be more convincing than Danny and Lindsay. :p

4. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

So far we know Hammerback's willing to experiment sexually, so why not? There aren't any gay characters on any of the CSI's. This could be a breakthrough.

Either that or have Lindsay batting for the other team. I'd honestly like her more, if only a sliver, if I didn't have to sit through poorly executed 'flirting' week after week.

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Amen! And yeah, I'd take a Danny/Hammerback kissing scene before I'd try to watch Carmine's pained expression as he tries to feign passion with Anna.

6. audrina

audrina Police Officer

All right, I know we have a right to differing opinions, and I support everyone's right to post them. But Jaer, for the love of God and everything holy, did you have to put the Danny/Hammerbeck image in my brain? Yech, can't get it out of my head! Thanks a lot.

*Audrina runs to pay homage to the porcelin god*

7. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Thats so funny!! I personally love Lindsay, I dont know why so many people are not as fond of her as I am. I thinks shes a great addition to the show- to the team. She adds spark and a lot of humor to the show. I think putting Lindsay on the show was a very smart move :)

8. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

wow..there is more dislike about anna/lindsay than i thought. i personally love her. i think shes a great actress and that she really brings something to CSI NY..and im a total D/L shipper..and you know what..im not afraid to admit that i am a fan of hers..and i think shes great..
    love
    allie

9. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

same here! :) ;) :)

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Why would you be "afraid" to say that you're a fan? Given that there are people who are vehemently opposed to Lindsay's presence on the show, I can see reluctance to share your opinion, but fear? :confused:

I'm still on the fence about Lindsay. At the very beginning of the second season, I liked her (not loved, but liked). After a few episodes, however, I started to not like her so much. By the end of the season, I didn't like her very much at all. However, I'm willing to see how she is at the beginning of season 3 before I say for sure whether I like her or not. The writing for her character (as well as the rest of the show) was a bit wobbly this past season, and I'd like to see how they handle things in the fall. ;)

11. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

Sorry, darlin'! I do most emphatically apologise for that image. Too late a night, too much caffeine, too shitty a week at work and what the hell, we'll toss in PMS for kicks. I'm usually a lot more civil. :eek: :(

I actually do have hopes that the writing will improve in S3 because I see that as a compounding factor of my dislike for the Lindsay character.

12. sarramaks

sarramaks Rookie

I agree. I remember the line "Don't leave town" that she uttered - I forget the episode - making me cringe. The writers need to sort her out and develop some consistency, and play to Anna's strengths. I'm hopefully optimistic that they will do this and I will like Lindsay in season three. :)

13. Celefinwe

Celefinwe Pathologist

I have little faith in the writers in patching up a character they messed up in the first place. That might sound a little harsh, but seriously, folks. The hype on Lindsay Monroe was that she was this csi with a dark past that made her want to be a csi in the first place. This was probably what the writers intended for her character. So far, we've seen Lindsay the new girl, Lindsay the Mac-golden-girl-wannabe, Lindsay the tough-dare-to-eat-anything chick and a whole bunch of other personas, but where is this Lindsay with the dark past we were told about? Maybe, just maybe, the writers didn't have a definite idea about the character so they decided to troubleshoot (a little IT jargon there - heh) her until they get it right. Or maybe, and here's just a thought so don't put coals in my stockings at Christmas or anything, Anna doesn't have the intensity to carry the originally written Lindsay so they had to modify the character to suit the actress?

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^How could the writers have a definate idea of Lindsay when they couldn't even stick with the original name?? Her name was originally supposed to be Summer. What happened to that?

Instead of casting an actress who could be Summer, they cast an actress who obviously could never have been Summer, so they changed her name to Lindsay and probably also gave her a different background. We all see how that turned out.

After a whole season TPTB and Anna still don't know who Lindsay is. Will season 3 change that?? Doubt it. Will we ever find out what her horrible past was? Who knows..Does she even have one? Probably not.

15. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

well, its just that i didnt want to get attacked for my opionion, and i know you guys are very understanding..but i feel afriad to say my opionion sometimes.because ive gotten 'yelled' at before..so i try to please people.cuz i love you all..and i dont wanna make you mad..wow..serious moment there
    love
    allie